Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,078 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] OverDrive - Put your phone into OverDrive

Tip us?

redbaron2005
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealguppy View Post
Yeah I just bought my phone about a week ago. I can hear the Start up sound and even unlock the phone and start to dial. The Screen is on I can see the back light but The Screen is completely Black. I would assume this is due to the Display Driver issue.
Thank you for your input, every peace of detail helps.
I have been investigating this problem ever since you posted the bug, It would seem the stock kernel is meant for the older phone, but this is an easy quick fix, Give me today to fix this and I will release an update today. Thank you again for your detailed bug report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrook View Post
Don't know how handy you are with a kernel but I have but two requests if at all possible.

Multitouch typing is a bit of a pain on the OV. Alot of the times close taps (like C+H on the keyboard) get registered as a slide. Sometimes even further away keys like U+P. Dunno if its possible to fix that in the kernel but it would solve a major annoyance of mine.

The other, being implementation of "Deep Idle". I figured since CDMA eats more battery than GSM when connected, it could grant some extra time on battery.

And lastly, good luck on the ROM. I am stuck with Froyo due to IHO performance/battery woes and outside of my failed attempts to theme BumbleBee as Gingerbread, I've had nothing to look forward to. :P Will be testing more when you have your kernel up to go with the ROM.

One last Q Iforgot to ask. With regards to your current Stock version, is the Time Without Signal bug fixed there? Overclocking is of no real use to me, so flashing the BB kernel does me no good _for now_ (I could just use BB! :P).
I'm a little bit new to kernel development, yet I have experience but I just cracked the book on linux kernels which is the same basis of Android kernels, I can't promise anything, but I can do my best. The multi-touch might not be that hard to work on, as for the "Deep Idle" I will be looking into this and all about it, I have been working on perfecting my ROM(s) before continuing and finishing my kernel development, but I have taken your input into consideration, I think having more then 2 points for multi-touch will be a great advantage, but lets see what I can do. I have no team, no help, and still learning in the process, there are so many things to learn and so little time. As for the "Time Without Signal" I have found this fix for that problem, I don't think my StockOV ROM has the fix yet, because I did port it from the Stock Optimus V ROM. So I will be adding that to StockOV.
If I was able to help you out, please hit the thanks button!
The Following User Says Thank You to redbaron2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

captaincrook
Old
Thanks Meter 124
Hmm, ok. Obijohn had fixed the TWS bug in the kernel itself; would be helpful to have his BB kernel source. Dunno where he got/how he did the patch though. Would be much better than using the app.

As for multitouch, I think it's just how the phone handles the proximity of the two points. Unsure myself, I am just a power user, but I don't think the phone is capable of more than two points.

I wish your ROMs well. I'll be lying in the bushes in wait to test. :P
T-Mobile G1 - CM5 + 15MB Radio Port [Retired To Tether Usage]

Motorola Cliq XT - GroovyG's Flawless 2.1 [Sold]

LG Optimus V - Latest CM7 Mirage/CM9 Testing [Play Phone]

Motorola Defy [GREEN LENS] - CM7 built by Fuzz [Traded]

HTC MyTouch 4G - Syndicate AOSPX [Sold]

LG Optimus L9 - Stock [Sold]

LG NEXUS 4 - PURITY ROM
The Following User Says Thank You to captaincrook For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redbaron2005
Old
(Last edited by redbaron2005; 9th March 2012 at 12:37 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Exclamation Updated StockOV 1.0 to 1.1!!!

StockOV has been updated to v1.1
Picasticks Modded Kernel
New Google Play Market
Dedeoxed
Rooted
Overclockable

Check out the first post for more info.

Hope you all enjoy the new update
Keep your eyes pealed for OverDrive turning into a FroyoBread ROM.
Keep an eye out for the new GingerBread ROM coming soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to redbaron2005 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redbaron2005
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Fixed StockOV's 1.1 download link...
I guess 1.1 was not up.

Link can be found on the first post.
or here
thank you Meowdib

rivethead23
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I've been running Bumblebee 2.4 ever since release, and I've tried loads of other ROMS. They all are either too bloated, too slow, crash too often, or have features missing. I've been running 1.1 ever since release and I'm impressed. Works great - fast, and no problems. The new go-to ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rivethead23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

redbaron2005
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivethead23 View Post
I've been running Bumblebee 2.4 ever since release, and I've tried loads of other ROMS. They all are either too bloated, too slow, crash too often, or have features missing. I've been running 1.1 ever since release and I'm impressed. Works great - fast, and no problems. The new go-to ROM.
Thank you very much, I have spent a great deal of effort towards these two ROMs, I'm happy to know its the new "go-to ROM"

anonim1
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Just installed 2.2.2, so far so good. I installed the OC kernel but don't see any options under Settings to configure OC speed - do I need a particular app, or are the OC speeds not configurable?

redbaron2005
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonim1 View Post
Just installed 2.2.2, so far so good. I installed the OC kernel but don't see any options under Settings to configure OC speed - do I need a particular app, or are the OC speeds not configurable?
You need an Overclocking app,
Search the market for
OverclockWidget, or CPU Tuner.
You can also use ROM Toolbox.
I don't add these apps because everyone uses different overclocking programs, I didn't want another app that takes up space.
Just for the convenience of the user,

anonim1
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Got it. Thanks for the quick reply.

redbaron2005
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 22

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonim1 View Post
Got it. Thanks for the quick reply.
No problem, glad I could help!

Tags
optimus, optimus v, over drive, overdrive, stock