No registration required

(BOOTLOADER UNLOCK SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN) Operation: Mosh

OP miffy4

18th February 2012, 05:26 AM   |  #141  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 527

1,593 posts
More
Same canned response I received about forwarding my issue on to the correct department.

Demand to have that information. I have several times and I have yet to receive any type of reply.

Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk
18th February 2012, 06:12 PM   |  #142  
Flag Panama City, FL
Thanks Meter: 22

141 posts
More
Smile An idea to help spread the word
I wonder what kind of results we would get if the folks at G4 or similar shows would do a story on the world of Android development.
21st February 2012, 10:35 PM   |  #143  
Thanks Meter: 93

297 posts
Bolski, I just read about your motodev ban on Twitter.

*sigh* When will they learn to respect their customers.
22nd February 2012, 12:09 AM   |  #144  
Flag Columbus

1,593 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserChicken

Bolski, I just read about your motodev ban on Twitter.

*sigh* When will they learn to respect their customers.

Never. Maybe the dead silence is Google cleaning house? After that, maybe things will change for the better?

I doubt it as they really wanted Moto for the patents. But, we can hope.

I'm not broken up by the "banning". I find it comical and it wasn't as if I had built any type of reputation there at all.

But, after the banning, I finally decided to just tell Moto to close out my ticket as it was apparent they weren't doing a thing about it:

Quote:

At this point, please close this support ticket. It is apparent that Motorola is unwilling to work with me on this issue.

I am going forward at this point with no longer purchasing Motorola products. The obvious avoidance of my requests is enough to tell me that Motorola does not care about it's customers. I have asked to speak with managers and any other individuals and no one has responded or attempted to reach out to me to explain Motorola's position on unlocked bootloaders and ICS for the X2.

Therefore, I am moving on by purchasing an HTC Rezound. It performs better, it doesn't skip music AND it is going to get ICS. Oh, and it's bootloader is unlocked.

It is a shame that Motorola took this stance with my issue as I feel Motorola does have excellent equipment, but work needs to be done on responding to customer requests and giving straight answers to our questions, rather than avoiding the issues and giving canned responses that don't answer our questions.

My hope is with the Google acquisition, that the processes used within the company to work with customers will be improved. If I see that, I just might come back to Motorola products. But, until then, I am moving on with a different company's product.

UPDATE: My MotoDev account has been reinstated. I explained to them that I understood I violated the agreement (I mean, I DID agree to it and it says not to post anything that condones taking action against Motorola and/or it's employees), but I also told them how I felt that Motorola needs to give us a straight answer. The mod responded back saying she understood and reinstated my account.

I still feel people need to go to the MotoDev forums and express their feelings on getting an answer to why bootloaders haven't been unlocked. Be civil and don't threaten.
Last edited by iBolski; 22nd February 2012 at 01:47 PM.
6th March 2012, 08:47 PM   |  #145  
Flag G-Vegas
Thanks Meter: 13

259 posts
More
Well looks like they heard us on the Block C point but are running to the FCC claiming that their customer service would suffer with unlocked bootloaders....Boo to you Big Red.

http://www.theverge.com/2012/3/1/283...ked-bootloader
6th March 2012, 09:02 PM   |  #146  
Thanks Meter: 45

156 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius2036

Well looks like they heard us on the Block C point but are running to the FCC claiming that their customer service would suffer with unlocked bootloaders....Boo to you Big Red.

Verizon is right, in that they will face serious problems if they're forced to allow OEM unlocks. Idiots messing around with what was originally designed to be hardcoded material will bring about a ridiculous increased volume of customer support issues. For this reason, I would put money on it not happen for any current model or line of phones. I don't blame them one iota.

However, that doesnt give them the right to restrict our freedoms.
9th March 2012, 04:04 AM   |  #147  
Flag Shaw, MS
Thanks Meter: 75

324 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius2036

LAME EXCUSE!!!

All they would have to do is release a disclaimer stating that unlocking your bootloader will void your warranty and that they will NOT provide any customer service regarding that issue. That simple statement would scare off any casual users from doing it and at the same time allow us to do as we please.
9th March 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #148  
Thanks Meter: 13

89 posts
They'd rather sell us another phone.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
9th March 2012, 05:06 AM   |  #149  
Flag Mamou
Thanks Meter: 36

553 posts
More
+1

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
9th March 2012, 02:01 PM   |  #150  
Flag Columbus

1,593 posts
More
Just received an official response to my BBB complaint. The news it NOT good. Please read it in this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=57

I'm done with Motorola, period.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread