9th March 2012, 01:59 PM   |  #221  
Account currently disabled
Flag The cold part of Ohio
Thanks Meter: 416

2,149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvcdroid

Not sure why someone can't put together a small blur patch for CM7 or 9 that would get HDMI and the FM radio working. It seems nuts to just through away these hardware capabilities/ features for the purity of being on this AOSP only ROM. I'd love to try CM but won't give up these features. Plus, there are a lot of phones with radios and HDMI, so I don't get it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA

If it was that simple, Dragon or Moon would've done it already. The fact that nothing has surfaced would lead on to think its a little beyond them.

Sent from my MB870 using xda premium
9th March 2012, 02:54 PM   |  #222  
Thanks Meter: 85

294 posts
Well,from what I understand, the drivers that are needed for HDMI to work aren't generic. They are proprietary drivers written by Motorola and they haven't (won't) release the source code for them. So, given that, any dev who wanted to try to get it working would have to write the drivers themselves. From the ground up. It would require a huge amount of time and work. Not such a simple task.
24th March 2012, 10:15 PM   |  #223  
Flag Silver Lake, WI.
Thanks Meter: 410

1,557 posts
More
PLEASE GET THIS UPDATED!

Sent from My Rooted MB870/DROID X2 Running CM7
24th March 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #224  
Recognized Contributor
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 2,063

6,033 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX2Trip

PLEASE GET THIS UPDATED!

lolwut? this was made when DZK first released his video showing ics on the dx2. why would we update this? its not like its out... and calm down with the caps lock, you can turn it off you know...
24th March 2012, 11:03 PM   |  #225  
Flag Bay Area California
Thanks Meter: 850

3,141 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DX2Trip

PLEASE GET THIS UPDATED!

If you really followed DK then you would know he is busy with school. Wait till summer or do it yourself. Good luck!
1st April 2012, 07:55 PM   |  #226  
Thanks Meter: 5

114 posts
what i would like to know is why dk isnt sharing cm9 with aceoyame he needs certian file from it for miui it would be nice cause miui4dx2 is a fantastic rom just needs sound
1st April 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #227  

2,149 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samari71

what i would like to know is why dk isnt sharing cm9 with aceoyame he needs certian file from it for miui it would be nice cause miui4dx2 is a fantastic rom just needs sound

Ask moon shadow or message dragon on twitter if you really want to know.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
1st April 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #228  
Thanks Meter: 20

80 posts
More
Thumbs down
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelowend

Ask moon shadow or message dragon on twitter if you really want to know.

From twitter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by @jaar57

@dragonzkiller I think a lot of us would appreciate it if you put the source up on github for us to take a look at. Just saying.
4:45 PM - 17 Mar 12 via web Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dragonzkiller

@jaar57 and I'd be the only one which knew what to do with it. Putting it up does nothing.
Hide conversation
9:30 AM - 26 Mar 12 via Mobile Web Details

This is a pretty disappointing response IMHO. Granted, he had troubles with people making improper commits with his work on CM7 when he had more up on git, but honestly there are a lot of new android users on the dx2 and this would be a great opportunity for more people to LEARN so we wouldn't need to be dependent on one or two devs for our device (especially since the only major dev supporting not only this device but others as well is nitro). As we've already seen ace is definitely a capable dev (although being somewhat hindered by lacking init information) and if we had more information released we could see even more development for this device from other devs as well.

Plus, CM9 is nice and all but there are a lot more ICS based roms being developed now (AOKP, Gummy, Axiom, etc) that have progressed much faster than CM9 and everything is based on OPEN SOURCE. Credit can be given where due, and we are all definitely thankful for the work dzk and others have done thus far. BUT our device is difficult enough as it is with the proprietary libs and drivers used by Moto and nVidia, having this hindered by devs unwilling to release techniques used is just going to hinder the progress on the device, not better it.
1st April 2012, 10:14 PM   |  #229  

2,149 posts
More
You cannot see the future; Dragon MIGHT be planning on releasing everything shortly after he is finished. The man can withhold whatever info he wants. He owes us absolutely nothing.

And add far as his interactions with ace: it is quite possible they have been talking this whole time. You never know...
The Following User Says Thank You to thelowend For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st April 2012, 10:17 PM   |  #230  
Flag Mamou
Thanks Meter: 36

553 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelente

From twitter:

This is a pretty disappointing response IMHO. Granted, he had troubles with people making improper commits with his work on CM7 when he had more up on git, but honestly there are a lot of new android users on the dx2 and this would be a great opportunity for more people to LEARN so we wouldn't need to be dependent on one or two devs for our device (especially since the only major dev supporting not only this device but others as well is nitro). As we've already seen ace is definitely a capable dev (although being somewhat hindered by lacking init information) and if we had more information released we could see even more development for this device from other devs as well.

Plus, CM9 is nice and all but there are a lot more ICS based roms being developed now (AOKP, Gummy, Axiom, etc) that have progressed much faster than CM9 and everything is based on OPEN SOURCE. Credit can be given where due, and we are all definitely thankful for the work dzk and others have done thus far. BUT our device is difficult enough as it is with the proprietary libs and drivers used by Moto and nVidia, having this hindered by devs unwilling to release techniques used is just going to hinder the progress on the device, not better it.

Well I would love aokp on this beast and I'm sure tons upon tons of people could port it, without a 4.t kernal what would we have? Crap. U wanna help( u sound alot smarter than me) check out the kexec thing...

Cyanogenmod

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread