Report UrukDroid bugs, errors, and questions here!

27th February 2012, 11:54 AM   |  #821  
Flag Corbeil-Essonnes
Thanks Meter: 637

1,028 posts
Donate to Me
Question install pb - can't transfert image file
Hi guys,

I have an A70IT2 and i try to see if A70 and A70IT2 are compatible with all custom OS. I have installed BULL RC2 without pb, but i can't install Urukdroid.

My problem is that i can't mount/see my drive after install kernel.
I have framework starts, choose simple install, and when the drive is mount, i can see it, but i haven't any access (see RAW fs type under windows and ubuntu).
I had tried ext2 volume manager under windows(thunk that ext partition) and mount it under ubuntu 10, no result.

Is there another way to transfert tar.gz file to my SD to terminate installation? (maybe possible with ADB?)

Thanks,

Bizcuite
28th February 2012, 10:12 AM   |  #822  
Thanks Meter: 9

177 posts
I'm still suffering from frequent freezes. Is there a way to create permanent logfiles on external SDcard for post-freeze inspection?
aLogCat can save 'frequently' but I do not know if this is sufficient.
2nd March 2012, 04:04 PM   |  #823  
Thanks Meter: 2

9 posts
satisfied romongi
Hi, I'd like to know if it's possible today to see Digital TV using a DVB-T (listed as compatible) in Uruk 1.6.2. Cause I see my driver listed but cannot find any soft to download (LiveTV is not the one from chulri)... so, any ideas ?
5th March 2012, 07:10 AM   |  #824  
Thanks Meter: 17

260 posts
Can I upgrade to fw 2.4.82 under urukdroid 1.6 without bad side effects? How do I backup my uruk since there is no nandroid? Thanks

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk
6th March 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #825  
Thanks Meter: 72

370 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitflyer

Can I upgrade to fw 2.4.82 under urukdroid 1.6 without bad side effects? How do I backup my uruk since there is no nandroid? Thanks

Sent from my A101IT using Tapatalk

if u mean with "fw 2.4.82 under urukdroid 1.6" -> having both installed parralel -> update stock fw while UD is installed - yes you can. But just the stock fw will be on .82 - for UD we need to w8 for the update.

For making a backup of UD use the recovery menu of UD -> Uruk Wiki -> vol- at UD boot screen
The Following User Says Thank You to FrEcP For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 10:20 AM   |  #826  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Use of external DAC ?
Hi,

I plan to buy an archos 43 IT. The only point that prevent me to buy it is that it is not possible to connect an external DAC to the usb port of the Archos 43 (as the Fiio E10). The goal is to bypass the internal DAC and use a hifi DAC to play music at home.

This feature is apparently not enabled in the default Android kernel (sorry, as a new member, I can't post external links, but it's in position 23 of the user's requests for android 4.0)

Archos recently implemented this feature in the last firmwares of the Gen9 Internet Tablet, but I doubt they foresee this for the Gen8. I thought that this could be have been implemented in Urukdroid, but a search in this forum and in google lets me think that this is not the case.

Is this possible that this feature would be implemented in a future release of urukdroid ? Otherwise, I can always try to compile my own kernel, but this is another story...

PS: Some info from linux-usb.org (sorry, I can't post links, so I quote):
Quote:

USB Audio Support
USB audio systems such as speakers normally comply with the USB audio class specification. If your audio device does not comply with the specification, it will not work with Linux at this time.

You need to turn on the Sound card support kernel option, which is in the Sound section. You will then be able to turn on the USB Audio support option in the normal USB section.

If you elected to use modules, you need to load the module called audio.o.

You can test your installation by dumping some random data out to the audio interface, using a command like cat /bin/bash > /dev/dsp. USB audio is integrated into the normal Linux sound architecture, and most tools should work fine with USB speakers. See the Sound HOWTO for more details and suggestions.

9th March 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #827  
Thanks Meter: 499

1,453 posts
Donate to Me
USB sound devices (CONFIG_SND_USB) is enabled in Uruk kernel (built in - not module).
The Following User Says Thank You to $aur0n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 02:16 PM   |  #828  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Great, that's good news. I will give it a try !

Thanks a lot
13th March 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #829  
Thanks Meter: 103

563 posts
Question
I've read a lot in the last few days and I've got a question which none had explained simple and I got confused a bit. Here is the question.
As i saw there are some methods to root my device (Archos 70, I bought it 1 month ago) and different developer editions. What is the difference if I install UrukDroid or if I use Chulri's SDE root method? I mean is there any performance difference and can I continue to play movies,music, etc along with the features provided by the root?
Question related to UrukDroid - can i use it as my daily OS?
17th March 2012, 10:13 AM   |  #830  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 33

217 posts
dev mapper?
Urukdroid is android on steroids and stable as rock. More memory, better performance, root= freedom to do tweaks. The only issue with last version is the devmapper (some apps doesn't installed corectly). I believe soon will be an update to solve this...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread