FORUMS

PSA: You Can Optimize Your Note 4’s Recents Menu & RAM

The Note 4 never had the fastest Recents Menu, and despite its 3GB of RAM, … more

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (July 25 – Aug 1)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

Voices Of XDA: Orbiting The Earth With Android

Editor’s note: This week’s feature has been written by forum … more

CloudPlayer: DIY HiFi Music Streaming Solution

In our Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services, we mentioned several different services … more

[Q] Infrastructure Wireless on rooted 2.3.4 DX2

244 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By scarfoot, Senior Member on 7th March 2012, 07:22 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Ok rooted by DX2 very quickly.

Now, when I go to run any of the Wireless Teether apps, none of my mobile devices see it. I believe this because I can only get these apps to run in Ad-hoc mode. I am on v2.3.4.

Do I need to flash a custom rom in order to make this work, or is there a fix somewhere?

Alot of stuff that I am finding when I search is from 2.3.1 or 2.2.

Any point in the right direction is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Sf-

7th March 2012, 07:33 PM |#2  
Flag Lincoln
Thanks Meter: 42

More
I believe you have to do the TBH radio hack to use infrastructure instead of ad-hoc. If you do this then you can use the mobile hotspot app which runs in infrastructure.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
Last edited by tkuligowski; 7th March 2012 at 07:45 PM.
8th March 2012, 12:44 AM |#3  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
or do the radio on/off trick

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6&postcount=20

from

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1186178

those are the only two methods I'm aware of, and I keep fairly close tabs on that one
8th March 2012, 01:14 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
There's also this. I don't know for sure if it works on our phones or not as I've had no need to use it. I'm running CM7 and it comes with wireless tethering. It looks just like the Verizon wireless hotspot app though. Perhaps that hack is how it's done on CM7. Can't hurt to try it

Thinking about it again, I'll flash back to a rom that has VZW's app on it and see if it works. I'll report back.

EDIT:
Guess you can scratch this idea. I tried it on Liberty and on a stock rom. Doesn't work.
Last edited by robocuff; 8th March 2012 at 03:55 AM.
8th March 2012, 10:41 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've got CM7 and my friends moto phone was able to connect. Just used the built in tether in wireless settings in CM7
The other apps only do ad-hoc with out phone so you can connect your laptop but not anotyer phone I believe.

Sent from my MB870 using XDA
9th March 2012, 02:13 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh-Durham

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robocuff

There's also this. I don't know for sure if it works on our phones or not as I've had no need to use it. I'm running CM7 and it comes with wireless tethering. It looks just like the Verizon wireless hotspot app though. Perhaps that hack is how it's done on CM7. Can't hurt to try it

Thinking about it again, I'll flash back to a rom that has VZW's app on it and see if it works. I'll report back.

EDIT:
Guess you can scratch this idea. I tried it on Liberty and on a stock rom. Doesn't work.

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium
9th March 2012, 02:16 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh-Durham

More
I was able to get wifi to work on my kindle fire by installing the zt 180 app that allows the kindle to connect to an adhoc network, but its slow. Just need to figure a way to get infrastructure wifi to work right.

9th March 2012, 03:30 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 129

More
Well, if nothing else you could flash CM7. It comes with tethering. It's infrastructure, not ad-hoc. It appears to be the same app as VZW's wireless hotspot. Works great for me.
9th March 2012, 02:27 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Raleigh-Durham

More
Quote:

Well, if nothing else you could flash CM7. It comes with tethering. It's infrastructure, not ad-hoc. It appears to be the same app as VZW's wireless hotspot. Works great for me.

Is there a Rom you can recommend? What kind of bugs have you seen?

10th March 2012, 09:43 PM |#10  
Flag Madison, WI
Thanks Meter: 34

Donate to Me
More
Question
Quote:

CM7 includes a hacked wifi hotspot?
11th March 2012, 02:22 PM |#11  
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Built right into the wireless settings screen even, works great, and yes cm7 is a very good rom

from my X2 roaming the north
The Following User Says Thank You to LordRalh3 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread