Thanks Meter 61
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Mountain View, CA
DONATE TO ME
Originally Posted by jokersone78
Im in the same boat my friend but im confident that eventually someone will figure it out.
So there can be multiple ways your tablet is "bricked". If you flashed a bad boot partition, your tablet should not boot past the "READ FOREVER" screen (so you won't see the "by Barnes & Noble" animation); in the worst case it will power off right after the initial dark "n" screen. If this is the case, I've made an image that will restore your boot partition.
On the other hand, if you destroyed your /system partition (by itself or the boot partition as well), this won't help you. If this is the case for you, post in this thread and I can make an image that flashes the /system partition as well.
1. Download one of the following depending on your hadware / OS version:
8GB NT/1.4.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?a803src02leyfq7 MD5: 79265f4730a1b0a0131cfb7e64f0d2bb
16GB NT/1.4.2: http://www.mediafire.com/?pjbmcp7zpw9ciua MD5: 28a44b20ce497bb7a3d43219d344408d
2. Make a bootable SD card following the instructions in post #1; either option will be fine.
3. Replace boot.img on the SD card with the file you downloaded in step 1; i.e., rename the file from step 1 to boot.img and overwrite boot.img on the SD card from step 2.
4. Power off tablet.
5. Insert SD card into tablet.
6. Connect tablet to computer via USB cable. If tablet does not start automatically press the power button.
In the best case, if you have not destroyed your /system, you should be able to boot back to stock, although it should take a while to boot. Otherwise, reply with your tablet model (16GB/8GB), what you did to brick your tablet and what you see when using this method.
I really do need feedback on this so please post back regardless of whether it worked.