Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,185 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[WM6.1/WM6.5.x]«HERMANN» | RELEASED ROMs: WM6.1 v3.0, WM6.5.0 v3.2

Tip us?

Simonas0
Old
(Last edited by Simonas0; 9th March 2012 at 04:36 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Default WM6.5 for T830

Files from WM6.1 beta X for T830 are here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...512&parid=root

What I want (something like that):
1. Copy SYS and OEM folders from your WM6.5 to New Folder;
2. Copy XIP from T830's WM6.1 to New Folder\ROM;
3. Copy drivers from OEM_Driver to right direction (I don't know where it will be);
4. G'Reloc.exe the .VM folder (I found in internet that G'Reloc don't work with WM6.5, so you know better how to do identical action);
5. BuildOS.exe.

If you have no time, please upload New Folder, but if you want, you can do all to the end.

Following instructions:
6. Copy MDOC.DIO to New Folder;
7. imgfsfromdump imgfs-in.bin imgfs-new.bin;
8. imgfstonb imgfs-new.bin MDOC.DIO os-new.nb0;
9. copy os-new.nb0 MDOC.DIO (it's command line);
10. Upload new MDOC.DIO.

Thank you very much!

Galileo
Old
Thanks Meter 123
well, what can i say einstein?, ive been trying your wm6.5.0 rom with the android ui(only the clock,icons, and homescreen plus plus ,not the top bar)and it feels really comfortable and looks awesome, the reason why ive always prefered the 6.1 roms its because they felt more reliable but i got to say, your rom feels really reliable, its fast and has given me no problem so far, it runs moon gba at fullspeed and you managed to put the side buttons menus while replacing the green button menu to stop the white square glitch, as sad as it is im changing my treo for a new phone but ill keep my treo as my trusty one.

razvann
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's incredible to have the creator of this ROM here with us, answering our questions!

I have reports of very low mic gain on my 750 (Hermann 6.1 v3.0). Hardware is fine (rubber thingy is clean).
I have a registry editor, but do not know which keys must be changed. Any idea?

einsteinecker
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonas0 View Post
Files from WM6.1 beta X for T830 are here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx...512&parid=root

What I want (something like that):
1. Copy SYS and OEM folders from your WM6.5 to New Folder;
2. Copy XIP from T830's WM6.1 to New Folder;
3. Copy OEM_Driver to right direction (I don't know where it will be);
4. G'Reloc.exe the .VM folder (I found in internet that G'Reloc don't work with WM6.5, so you know better how to do identical action);
5. BuildOS.exe.

If you have no time, please upload New Folder, but if you want, you can do all to the end.

Following instructions:
6. Copy MDOC.DIO to New Folder;
7. imgfsfromdump imgfs-in.bin imgfs-new.bin;
8. imgfstonb imgfs-new.bin MDOC.DIO os-new.nb0;
9. copy os-new.nb0 MDOC.DIO (it's command line);
10. Upload new MDOC.DIO.

Thank you very much!
Well, I'll give it a try. No guarantee's though, I've never done this cooking style before

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galileo View Post
well, what can i say einstein?, ive been trying your wm6.5.0 rom with the android ui(only the clock,icons, and homescreen plus plus ,not the top bar)and it feels really comfortable and looks awesome, the reason why ive always prefered the 6.1 roms its because they felt more reliable but i got to say, your rom feels really reliable, its fast and has given me no problem so far, it runs moon gba at fullspeed and you managed to put the side buttons menus while replacing the green button menu to stop the white square glitch, as sad as it is im changing my treo for a new phone but ill keep my treo as my trusty one.
Yep, my Treo is still that second phone in addition to my Epix. In fact, I still miss the d-pad.

By the way, I've been testing a Hermann V3.0 WM6.5.3 build that can disable/enable the Windows Start icon on the bottom bar. Perhaps you would like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by razvann View Post
It's incredible to have the creator of this ROM here with us, answering our questions!

I have reports of very low mic gain on my 750 (Hermann 6.1 v3.0). Hardware is fine (rubber thingy is clean).
I have a registry editor, but do not know which keys must be changed. Any idea?
Have you tried the "Micrphone AGC" setting in the System settings? (Start->Settings->System) That doubles the microphone input on the Treo.

Other than that, that's all I know of for fixing it via software. If it's a hardware problem..... maybe there's dirt covering the mic. Mine had a lot of dirt, in fact, every port at the bottom of the phone had dirt
If you like my work, a donation is the best thanks
-Palm Treo750, v3 Hermann development (resumed)
-LG VS750 Fathom (my Android development thread)
-Visit my personal blog

razvann
Old
(Last edited by razvann; 9th March 2012 at 10:19 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by einsteinecker View Post
Have you tried the "Micrphone AGC" setting in the System settings? (Start->Settings->System) That doubles the microphone input on the Treo.

Other than that, that's all I know of for fixing it via software. If it's a hardware problem..... maybe there's dirt covering the mic. Mine had a lot of dirt, in fact, every port at the bottom of the phone had dirt
Tried AGC, no joy. Probably the max gain is the same low, the software just adjusts between that and really low...

I have moved the board of an unlocked Treo 750 in the near-perfect case of a locked 750V, and so the opportunity arised for a general cleanup with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush, followed by a hot-air bath to ensure proper soldering. So the mic is clean. I have found on some threads directions to certain registry keys that can amp-up mic and speaker gain (kinda like VolumeCare software for Palm OS), but my OS does not have those specific keys. I will ask there. Thanks!

Simonas0
Old
Thanks Meter 11
If you know better way, do as you know, I am not sure about 1 - 5 steps. Thanks

Samueldw
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
I finally got a new battery for my palm treo. Now, i'm going to try one of your roms. Which one would you recommmend?
One of my parrents is using it as mobile phone so it has to be stable, fast and good ;P

And bubble breaker must be present. Kind of addicted you could say

JorgeMontano
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
hi Samueldw,

I could recommend you the ROM V3.2 Herman Series, I think its the coolest ROM for your Palm Treo 750. Don't forget to install the last patch for that ROM if you don't want to miss calls when ringer is off :P.

Kind Regards,
-Jorge
Palm Treo750 (ROM: v3.2 Hermann)

Samueldw
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Have you also tested the 6.1 version? Normaly, they are faster and more stable.

JorgeMontano
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samueldw View Post
Have you also tested the 6.1 version? Normaly, they are faster and more stable.
Yep, and I like more the ROM 3.2 Version with Win Mo 6.5.0. It has a cool start menu and almost every option is finger friendly touch version, no stylus needed anymore.

Also tested the Win Mo 6.5.3, but its not stable and reliable as the 6.5.0 version (ROM 3.2).

Hope that helps you to decide .

Kind Regards,
-Jorge
Palm Treo750 (ROM: v3.2 Hermann)