5,600,483 Members 32,914 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

WARNING: B&N Reader app + CM7 = BAD SURPRISES!!!

Tip us?

nashdude
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default WARNING: B&N Reader app + CM7 = BAD SURPRISES!!!

Okay, maybe I'm overreacting a tad, but I really hate it when stuff catches me off guard like this

Anyway, after flashing to CM7, I had a hard time getting the Nook app to recognize any of the books I sideloaded. Maybe I was putting them in the wrong folder (now taking suggestions on what the RIGHT folder is!) but it just wouldn't pick any of them up. Wound up having to use the MyDocuments folder.

But the BIG one happened about five minutes ago. I'm getting ready to burn a few chapters of Patrick Rothfuss' AWESOME "Kingkiller" series, when I noted that the screen was too bright and hurt my eyes to read in the dark, so I bottomed out the brightness...

...and the screen went PITCH BLACK!

Long story short, it took a few minutes of goofing around, rebooting and whatnot, before I realized that if I squinted REALLY HARD I could just barely make out the settings bar at the bottom enough to stumble across the brightness controls.

Don't let this happen to you :

Sent from my CM7 Nook Tablet using Tapatalk 8)

ckevinwelch
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I had that problem once, and it didn't have anything to do with the B&N reader (I don't even have it installed). I recommend using Screen Filter.

Zercher
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashdude View Post
Wound up having to use the MyDocuments folder.
That is normal for sideloaded material in the Stock Rooted version. I tried several of the B&N Book folders with no luck. It also has nothing to do with CM7.

Ed

sgschwend
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Using the BN file browser the side loaded books are in Myfiles/digital media

Looking using ES file explorer the file are in:
local/media/Digital Editions/

I haven't put any books on the SD card so.....