5,599,135 Members 34,790 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Anyone Else Tired of Their Desire Z/G2?

Tip us?

terminal addict
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I wouldn't say that I'm bored with my G2. In fact, I am very happy with it. I find that it's stable, has decent battery life, and runs most of the apps I want the way I want.

I have to say "most" because there are two hardware features that I really wish the G2 had that could enable some nice software capabilities.

1) Front-facing camera: Sure, I can get Skype and G+ to use the rear camera, and they can do the job sometimes, but I wish there was another camera on the front.

2) HDMI out. This one isn't what I would call critical. In fact what I would really like is an app that would let me wirelessly stream the framebuffer to a remote computer at a decent framerate.

I watched the announcements from CES and MWC, and it really doesn't look like there is anything coming down the pipe (T-Mobile/Wind Mobile compatible) that has everything the G2 has, plus those two features.
Carrier: Wind Mobile (Canada)
Smartphone History
UTstarcom PPC 6700 (Telus)
HTC P4000 (Telus)
HTC G1 (Wind Mobile)
HTC G2 (Wind Mobile)
Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G (Wind Mobile)
LG/Google Nexus 5 - current
The Following User Says Thank You to terminal addict For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mputtr
Old
(Last edited by mputtr; 3rd March 2012 at 10:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushAOZ View Post
What you need to understand is that this is a PUBLIC forums full of people with their own opinions and thoughts. If you don't like what you're reading, don't contribute. Don't poop on our party. Just makes you look like massive trolls. I've had my g2 for about 4 days now. It was a massive step back from my nexus s and I'm personally tired of it already. See? That's an opinion. Everyone has them. Learn to live with it k?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
What YOU need to understand is these stupid posts appear all the time because someone feels the need to justify buying a new phone. If you want to buy a new phone, then go buy it. No one is telling you that because you're bored of it you must never buy a newer and/or better phone.
Opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got them and more often it's annoying to hear (or in this case: read) their whinings about it. You don't like it, make the change, but crying around will not suddenly make the phone more interesting nor will it make you get a special discount for QQing in the forums to buy a new phone.
You don't like my opinion? Then I suggest you take what you said and apply it to yourself: "Learn to live with it k?"

TLDR Version: Cry some more. You don't like it, then don't reply back to me. That's MY opinion.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
Rom: Omega v56
Kernel: Boeffla v5.2 Beta 1
(Current)

--------------------------------------------------
HTC Desire Z NAM (A7275)
Rom: Virtuous 2.0
(Handed down to GF)
HTC Touch Pro
Rom: NRG
(Retired)

For those that like to post before you search:
Stop being a noob. Watch and learn.

XDA's Purpose
The Following User Says Thank You to mputtr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RushAOZ
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by mputtr View Post
What YOU need to understand is these stupid posts appear all the time because someone feels the need to justify buying a new phone. If you want to buy a new phone, then go buy it. No one is telling you that because you're bored of it you must never buy a newer and/or better phone.
Opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got them and more often it's annoying to hear (or in this case: read) their whinings about it. You don't like it, make the change, but crying around will not suddenly make the phone more interesting nor will it make you get a special discount for QQing in the forums to buy a new phone.
You don't like my opinion? Then I suggest you take what you said and apply it to yourself: "Learn to live with it k?"

TLDR Version: Cry some more. You don't like it, then don't reply back to me. That's MY opinion.
Lol sounds to me like you're the one who's crying. No matter your pov youre the minority in this thread. So is your hair purple, troll? I'm a massive asshole and have been banned before for putting little fags like you in your place. Naoh crymore troll cuz that's what you are. A troll.

mputtr
Old
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
Lol sounds to me like you're the one who's crying. No matter your pov youre the minority in this thread. So is your hair purple, troll? I'm a massive asshole and have been banned before for putting little fags like you in your place. Naoh crymore troll cuz that's what you are. A troll.

lol, sounds like you're just hurt from being banned. You're welcome to continue lashing out though, I don't really care.
p.s: sick of hearing people whine does not mean i'm crying about it.
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
(Current)

HTC Desire Z NAM (A7275)
(Handed down to GF)
HTC Touch Pro
(Retired)

XDA's Purpose

sino8r
Old
Thanks Meter 529
Quote:
What you need to understand is that this is a PUBLIC forums full of people with their own opinions and thoughts. If you don't like what you're reading, don't contribute. Don't poop on our party. Just makes you look like massive trolls. I've had my g2 for about 4 days now. It was a massive step back from my nexus s and I'm personally tired of it already. See? That's an opinion. Everyone has them. Learn to live with it k?

I totally get what you're saying but I think people felt like you were dumping on the G2/Desire Z, that's all...

Guys please no more fighting. No one needs to get into trouble over such petty stuff. You both seem like respectable members here so can we end this before the mods get pissed? Thanks
evolution
HTC Wizard G3
HTC Excalibur
HTC Dream
HTC Sapphire
HTC Rhodium
HTC Espresso
HTC Glacier
HTC Vision
HTC Doubleshot
Samsung Note 2

My recent works:
2G/3G/4G/H+ icons for CM7.1 and Nightly

How to defeat data throttling

2.1 with JIT enabled on MTS

boot animation (Nexus "X"/HTC "quietly brilliant") for MTS

TheBDub
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Doubleshot?
I still like this phone a lot. I've never gotten such amazing battery life. I went 26 hours yesterday.

Now that's a testament to the G2! 26 hours of battery life in a day!

mputtr
Old
Thanks Meter 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBDub View Post
Now that's a testament to the G2! 26 hours of battery life in a day!
I unplugged my phone yesterday at around 11am and it's currently 11:37am. My battery life is at: 76%
I used it only a tiny bit, but considering it's been checking my emails every hour, I'm pretty impressed...(oh this also includes a normal restart which usually drains 8% battery for some odd reason...)
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300
(Current)

HTC Desire Z NAM (A7275)
(Handed down to GF)
HTC Touch Pro
(Retired)

XDA's Purpose

alpha-niner64
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Quote:
Yes believe be it is. With voodoo sound app you can push the sound chip another 15 decibels past what Sammy sets it at stock. So you can power low impebdance high quality buds or cans with audio quality thats crystal clear. Don't get me wrong the g2 isn't a piece of crap, but for me its just "good enough". The wolfson chip has introduced many sounds and effects laid in the background music I've never heard before. The wolfson dac is in all of the galaxy s phones btw. Not sure about the gnex.

Thanks for the tip. On your word alone. I know what my next phone purchase might be. I sought out a friend who has a Vibrant and oh my god...the Wolfson chip w/ voodoo is a huge difference in sound quality for the better. Now if only the Captivate Glide would make its way to T-MO will I know for sure what I'll be investing in.

RushAOZ
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha-niner64 View Post
Thanks for the tip. On your word alone. I know what my next phone purchase might be. I sought out a friend who has a Vibrant and oh my god...the Wolfson chip w/ voodoo is a huge difference in sound quality for the better. Now if only the Captivate Glide would make its way to T-MO will I know for sure what I'll be investing in.
No prob man

tapeworm4602
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I'm still ultimately pleased with mine. It's a solid device that holds up and competes with the majority of most dual core devices out there. To state the obvious, the boredom sets in from Gingerbread becoming stale and tapped of it's "wow" factor.