Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Anyone Else Tired of Their Desire Z/G2?

OP Visi0nofExcellence2

2nd March 2012, 03:30 PM   |  #31  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
I wouldn't say that I'm bored with my G2. In fact, I am very happy with it. I find that it's stable, has decent battery life, and runs most of the apps I want the way I want.

I have to say "most" because there are two hardware features that I really wish the G2 had that could enable some nice software capabilities.

1) Front-facing camera: Sure, I can get Skype and G+ to use the rear camera, and they can do the job sometimes, but I wish there was another camera on the front.

2) HDMI out. This one isn't what I would call critical. In fact what I would really like is an app that would let me wirelessly stream the framebuffer to a remote computer at a decent framerate.

I watched the announcements from CES and MWC, and it really doesn't look like there is anything coming down the pipe (T-Mobile/Wind Mobile compatible) that has everything the G2 has, plus those two features.
The Following User Says Thank You to terminal addict For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 11:13 AM   |  #32  
Senior Member
Flag California, USA
Thanks Meter: 502
 
2,384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushAOZ

What you need to understand is that this is a PUBLIC forums full of people with their own opinions and thoughts. If you don't like what you're reading, don't contribute. Don't poop on our party. Just makes you look like massive trolls. I've had my g2 for about 4 days now. It was a massive step back from my nexus s and I'm personally tired of it already. See? That's an opinion. Everyone has them. Learn to live with it k?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

What YOU need to understand is these stupid posts appear all the time because someone feels the need to justify buying a new phone. If you want to buy a new phone, then go buy it. No one is telling you that because you're bored of it you must never buy a newer and/or better phone.
Opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got them and more often it's annoying to hear (or in this case: read) their whinings about it. You don't like it, make the change, but crying around will not suddenly make the phone more interesting nor will it make you get a special discount for QQing in the forums to buy a new phone.
You don't like my opinion? Then I suggest you take what you said and apply it to yourself: "Learn to live with it k?"

TLDR Version: Cry some more. You don't like it, then don't reply back to me. That's MY opinion.
Last edited by mputtr; 3rd March 2012 at 11:16 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mputtr For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #33  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 436
 
1,910 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mputtr

What YOU need to understand is these stupid posts appear all the time because someone feels the need to justify buying a new phone. If you want to buy a new phone, then go buy it. No one is telling you that because you're bored of it you must never buy a newer and/or better phone.
Opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got them and more often it's annoying to hear (or in this case: read) their whinings about it. You don't like it, make the change, but crying around will not suddenly make the phone more interesting nor will it make you get a special discount for QQing in the forums to buy a new phone.
You don't like my opinion? Then I suggest you take what you said and apply it to yourself: "Learn to live with it k?"

TLDR Version: Cry some more. You don't like it, then don't reply back to me. That's MY opinion.

Lol sounds to me like you're the one who's crying. No matter your pov youre the minority in this thread. So is your hair purple, troll? I'm a massive asshole and have been banned before for putting little fags like you in your place. Naoh crymore troll cuz that's what you are. A troll.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
4th March 2012, 04:11 AM   |  #34  
Senior Member
Flag California, USA
Thanks Meter: 502
 
2,384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushAOZ

Lol sounds to me like you're the one who's crying. No matter your pov youre the minority in this thread. So is your hair purple, troll? I'm a massive asshole and have been banned before for putting little fags like you in your place. Naoh crymore troll cuz that's what you are. A troll.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

lol, sounds like you're just hurt from being banned. You're welcome to continue lashing out though, I don't really care.
p.s: sick of hearing people whine does not mean i'm crying about it.
4th March 2012, 06:57 AM   |  #35  
sino8r's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Birmingham, Alabama
Thanks Meter: 631
 
3,435 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushAOZ

What you need to understand is that this is a PUBLIC forums full of people with their own opinions and thoughts. If you don't like what you're reading, don't contribute. Don't poop on our party. Just makes you look like massive trolls. I've had my g2 for about 4 days now. It was a massive step back from my nexus s and I'm personally tired of it already. See? That's an opinion. Everyone has them. Learn to live with it k?

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

I totally get what you're saying but I think people felt like you were dumping on the G2/Desire Z, that's all...

Guys please no more fighting. No one needs to get into trouble over such petty stuff. You both seem like respectable members here so can we end this before the mods get pissed? Thanks
4th March 2012, 08:34 PM   |  #36  
Senior Member
Flag Corvallis, OR
Thanks Meter: 34
 
183 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushAOZ

Doubleshot?
I still like this phone a lot. I've never gotten such amazing battery life. I went 26 hours yesterday.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Now that's a testament to the G2! 26 hours of battery life in a day!
4th March 2012, 08:38 PM   |  #37  
Senior Member
Flag California, USA
Thanks Meter: 502
 
2,384 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBDub

Now that's a testament to the G2! 26 hours of battery life in a day!

I unplugged my phone yesterday at around 11am and it's currently 11:37am. My battery life is at: 76%
I used it only a tiny bit, but considering it's been checking my emails every hour, I'm pretty impressed...(oh this also includes a normal restart which usually drains 8% battery for some odd reason...)
9th March 2012, 08:00 AM   |  #38  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 73
 
415 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushAOZ

Yes believe be it is. With voodoo sound app you can push the sound chip another 15 decibels past what Sammy sets it at stock. So you can power low impebdance high quality buds or cans with audio quality thats crystal clear. Don't get me wrong the g2 isn't a piece of crap, but for me its just "good enough". The wolfson chip has introduced many sounds and effects laid in the background music I've never heard before. The wolfson dac is in all of the galaxy s phones btw. Not sure about the gnex.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Thanks for the tip. On your word alone. I know what my next phone purchase might be. I sought out a friend who has a Vibrant and oh my god...the Wolfson chip w/ voodoo is a huge difference in sound quality for the better. Now if only the Captivate Glide would make its way to T-MO will I know for sure what I'll be investing in.
9th March 2012, 04:51 PM   |  #39  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 436
 
1,910 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha-niner64

Thanks for the tip. On your word alone. I know what my next phone purchase might be. I sought out a friend who has a Vibrant and oh my god...the Wolfson chip w/ voodoo is a huge difference in sound quality for the better. Now if only the Captivate Glide would make its way to T-MO will I know for sure what I'll be investing in.

No prob man

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
10th March 2012, 04:01 PM   |  #40  
tapeworm4602's Avatar
Member
Flag St. Paul
Thanks Meter: 14
 
83 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
I'm still ultimately pleased with mine. It's a solid device that holds up and competes with the majority of most dual core devices out there. To state the obvious, the boredom sets in from Gingerbread becoming stale and tapped of it's "wow" factor.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes