Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,536 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Whats next....?

Tip us?

3xeno
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaassaus View Post
dont think so.
maby but idont think idont have the time for it
Good luck to you if you do. I was going through the Neo V forums for a mate of mine who has one of these, and, it seems they don't take too kindly to ROM chefs. Its a big bad world outside the Wildfire Forums, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2516 View Post
Lulz so much hate. Umadbro

I still have another yr of my sgs, zzz 24 month contracts. Might as well wait for the sgs3/4 or get a nexus.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
Get a Nexus (Whichever one releases next year). From what I have gathered so far from the GS2 Dev Forums, Samsung coding and releases are a complete mess. Trust a flagship GS2 to not get a 100% working ICS ROM yet. (You got lucky there since the internals of the Nexus S and SGS are pretty similar )
LGE Google Nexus 4 16GB - AOSPA 4.5+ | NVidia Shield Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB - Stock

Device History -Nokia 5110 >> Nokia 8310 >> Nokia N-Gage QD >> Nokia 6681 >> Nokia N82 >> Nokia 5320 XM >> HTC Wildfire >> Samsung Galaxy SII

kevin2516
Old
Thanks Meter 1,351
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xeno View Post
Good luck to you if you do. I was going through the Neo V forums for a mate of mine who has one of these, and, it seems they don't take too kindly to ROM chefs. Its a big bad world outside the Wildfire Forums, really.

Get a Nexus (Whichever one releases next year). From what I have gathered so far from the GS2 Dev Forums, Samsung coding and releases are a complete mess. Trust a flagship GS2 to not get a 100% working ICS ROM yet. (You got lucky there since the internals of the Nexus S and SGS are pretty similar )
I'm not planning on flashing any of the ICS roms, until they are stable, could take a few more months. They may be "RC", but not really imo. Still too many bugs and I has need for fully working phone now.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium
Phone: OnePlus One 64GB

Scratch0805
Old
Thanks Meter 1,193
Ok, I'm sorted now, got a sim only contract today so I now have to wait 3-6 months then I can upgrade to just about any phone I want!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using xda premium

My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
2 x Samsung Galaxy Ace 5380i's
HTC Wildfire

mycolourscreen

My Dropbox

rent0n
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch0805 View Post
Ok, I'm sorted now, got a sim only contract today so I now have to wait 3-6 months then I can upgrade to just about any phone I want!

How did you do that? In UK? Can you provide a few more details please?
Sony Xperia S | OpenSEMC

Scratch0805
Old
Thanks Meter 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by rent0n View Post
How did you do that? In UK? Can you provide a few more details please?
Simple really, I went to the O2 shop and setup a sim only contract, its pretty basic 100 mins, unlimited texts and only 500mb of internets (how o2 expect people to live on that I'll never know!) but its cheap. Then in 3-6 months I can go back to the shop and provided I've paid my bill on time etc I can then switch over to a full 12/24 month contract choosing any phone I want,

I had to do it this way instead of just jumping straight into a full contract because I wouldn't have passed the credit check for a full one straightaway, but that's a very long messy story, I won't go into!

My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
HTC Wildfire

mycolourscreen

My Dropbox

3xeno
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1,428
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratch0805 View Post
so I now have to wait 3-6 months then I can upgrade to just about any phone I want!
So which one will it be? Still got your sights on the Xperia Arc?
LGE Google Nexus 4 16GB - AOSPA 4.5+ | NVidia Shield Tablet Wi-Fi 16GB - Stock

Device History -Nokia 5110 >> Nokia 8310 >> Nokia N-Gage QD >> Nokia 6681 >> Nokia N82 >> Nokia 5320 XM >> HTC Wildfire >> Samsung Galaxy SII

Scratch0805
Old
Thanks Meter 1,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xeno View Post
So which one will it be? Still got your sights on the Xperia Arc?
Spoilt for choice now mate......... I'll need to do some research when the time comes I think and by research I mean send you a pm.....lol jk

My Devices
Samsung Galaxy S2
Asus Nexus 7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
HTC Wildfire

mycolourscreen

My Dropbox

pauch_19@yahoo.com
Old
Thanks Meter 150
I'll never sell my wildfire. I may not learn much in terms of development but its with this device that I learned to risk doing things I never imagined doing to my phone. I enjoy checking the threads here and I think everything is very organized. I dont know if its me but somehow I feel the S2 forums are a little messy I'm trying to familiarize myself though and what's nice is they have made a thread for S2 owners in our country. But I will always be visiting the wildfire forums. The people and the members here are really nice.

Cheers!
DEVICE: SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II

SAMSUNG GALAXY SII

HTC BUZZ WILDFIRE
The Following User Says Thank You to pauch_19@yahoo.com For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yash_p90
Old
Thanks Meter 58

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauch_19@yahoo.com View Post
I'll never sell my wildfire. I may not learn much in terms of development but its with this device that I learned to risk doing things I never imagined doing to my phone. I enjoy checking the threads here and I think everything is very organized. I dont know if its me but somehow I feel the S2 forums are a little messy I'm trying to familiarize myself though and what's nice is they have made a thread for S2 owners in our country. But I will always be visiting the wildfire forums. The people and the members here are really nice.

Cheers!
+1

Current Devices:
Google Nexus 4
iPad 4th Gen
Previous Devices:
Sony Ericsson Xperia x10 mini
ZTE Blade
HTC Wildfire
Sony Xperia Play
Pantech Burst
Sony Xperia Z

Join Dropbox
Follow me on Twitter

rajumack07
Old
(Last edited by rajumack07; 9th March 2012 at 05:00 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qarl View Post
"MkBy" has answered my question!
Here for interested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=30
I go to try it!

Regards!
@Qarl : I also installed the CM-9 ROM. But as "MkBy" said to use 180MB as the system partition, I will say that the system is using 186.4MB (checked in Terminal) with the ROM by ErwinP and the basic gapps having size 51.88MB. So, you should put 190+ as the system rom size while creating the partition.

Tags
android, htc wildfire