Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 42,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][IML74K][4.0.3] CM 9 experimental Build [2/29/12]

Tip us?

wase4711
Old
Thanks Meter 3467

DONATE TO ME
over the years, LOTS of devs have made it clear that asking for ETA's, and asking other obnoxious questions cause them to either stop developing, or, not publicly release their products..those of us who have been modding phones for a long time, understand this, and respect dev's wishes about this..

Also, they do NOT want this ignorant banter to take place in their DEV threads; thats why there is a "GENERAL" area on this board, to post NON DEVELOPEMENT discussions

The ones here, who continually ask, whine, and complain about about long release waits RUIN it for everyone...

I apologize to Scott for posting this in the Dev thread; ALL of this BS belongs in the discussion thread...
LG Flex
HTC One Maxx
Samsung Note2
Samsung Note
Samsung S3
HTC Evo 3d
HTC Evo 4g
Samsung G2
IBones 3,4
Palm Treo
PPC 6700
HP IPAQ
Moto StarTac's, several
BlackBerry's, several
and on and on...

ASKING FOR THANKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE IS SO LAME - IF YOU DESERVE ONE, YOU'LL GET ONE..
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dbaybay
Old
Thanks Meter 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbizzle View Post
Because of the mantra. Everyone wants to be the xda bodyguard. Thinking that if they get bent out of shape because someone is breaking the rules, they'll get noticed, the skies will open up and they will be touched by the mobility gods. "Your good deeds have been noticed my child." Pitiful.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App
I don't think that's the case at all. It's just annoying when a dev specifically says this thread is for development discussion and please do not ask for ETAs and people can't use the friggin' discussion thread for stupid **** & NOT ASK FOR ETAs.

It's two simple requests. Some of us actually respect Scott and the very little he's asked for. I would never want to be a mod here, if I was about half of the member base would be immediately IP banned because there are some seriously childish and annoying people here (not you persay).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dbaybay For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerdog
Old
Developer Committee / OEM Relations / XDA Portal Team - Harbinger of Doom
Thanks Meter 4087
Location: Gallifrey; Likes: Family,XDA,Android; Dislikes:Self-Entitled Twits
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSwagSauce View Post
I dont understand why people get so bothered by people asking about etas. If the dev wants to answer with one they can. If not, then they should just ignore the impatience. Very simple.

Sent from my Super Sexy Epic touch.
I'm sorry - let's ask you for an ETA on when you'll poop the next time...

I've said this before, and I will say it again. You need to read and understand the XDA Mantra. No matter what you want to think/believe/contrive, XDA-Developers does not exist for you to ask when a new update to your FREE ROM is coming. XDA-Developers always has been and always will be for the Developers.

Let's break this down a little bit here - XDA is....
  • XDA is a developers site
  • XDA is a free forum you are ALLOWED to use. We could make it invite only
  • XDA is and always will be about the developers. And before you say without the users there would be no XDA, Bull****, who do you think used the stuff before normal people even knew what a smartphone was......wait for it.........other developers. People that could give good feedback with relevant info. Not just "dahhh this is broken, please fix".

XDA is not....
  • XDA is not a place to come and make your phone cool.
  • XDA is not the cool place for idiots to hang out.
  • XDA is not your friends house
  • XDA is not a democracy
  • XDA is not a place to make Money.

Now I think that should clear up anyone else asking about ETAs.... Next person who asks gets a short vacation.

Quote:
Notify your physician if after exposure to XDA n00bs you experience any of the following symptoms: rapid or irregular heartbeat, chest pain, shortness of breath, leg cramps, headache, nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, tremors, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, heat intolerance, fever, changes in menstrual periods, hives or skin rash, or any other unusual medical event.

BTC: 131x7i37dEsDmQpy1T1tz34Mc8wtRUHuoa
The Following 57 Users Say Thank You to jerdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jerdog
Old
Developer Committee / OEM Relations / XDA Portal Team - Harbinger of Doom
Thanks Meter 4087
Location: Gallifrey; Likes: Family,XDA,Android; Dislikes:Self-Entitled Twits
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrissen View Post
Code:
Select Code
** These CyanogenMod builds are highly experimental and unsupported.
** If one of this builds bricks your phone, kills your cat or causes
** a thermonuclear war, don't point at us. We'll laugh at you.
** You decided to make this modifications to your Phone.
** Please refrain from submitting bug reports for any issues
** you may encounter while running one of these builds.
** Submitting bug reports on experimental builds is the leading 
** cause of male impotence.
Please use this thread for discussion:http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=22057346
Per OP's request - all discussion should take place at the link above.

Quote:
Notify your physician if after exposure to XDA n00bs you experience any of the following symptoms: rapid or irregular heartbeat, chest pain, shortness of breath, leg cramps, headache, nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness, tremors, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, vomiting, diarrhea, excessive sweating, heat intolerance, fever, changes in menstrual periods, hives or skin rash, or any other unusual medical event.

BTC: 131x7i37dEsDmQpy1T1tz34Mc8wtRUHuoa
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to jerdog For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbrissen
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 4789

DONATE TO ME
OP updated with Alpha2
If you like my work please consider donating to my coffee/beer fund.

TeamSbrissenMod

Twitter: sbrissen23
IRC: sbrissen #TeamSbrissenMod

Help me get more DropBox Space!
The Following 99 Users Say Thank You to sbrissen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbrissen
Old
Thanks Meter 4789

DONATE TO ME
ALPHA 3 / 3.1 up

TeamSbrissenMod

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to sbrissen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbrissen
Old
Thanks Meter 4789

DONATE TO ME
alpha4 is up

TeamSbrissenMod

The Following 55 Users Say Thank You to sbrissen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sbrissen
Old
Thanks Meter 4789

DONATE TO ME
Darchstar and I will be collaborating on CM9, no sense having 2! Look for updates to our combined efforts in his cm9 thread.

TeamSbrissenMod

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to sbrissen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe