FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Defy ear speaker is bust. Replacement?

411 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Bouncer5, Senior Member on 9th March 2012, 03:27 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So the ear piece is bust, Usings a hands free kit at the moment, Knows issue apprently, wondered if anyone knows about replacements? If I put pressure of the upper right of the screen works sometimes untill I let go.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

9th March 2012, 03:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I followed the instructions from here this thread.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=989183
Has been working fine since.
9th March 2012, 04:35 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I got a k850i earpiece as recommended but found that the case wouldn't close properly with it in, and as a result the screen lock button didn't work. This was after some filing of the component; I couldn't see how to do any more without wrecking it.

I then realised that Defy earpieces are now readily available on eBay and have one of those which works fine at least for the time being.

[edit] Also, be careful not to loose the plastic volume / lock buttons when you take the case apart....
Last edited by xinaesthete; 9th March 2012 at 04:44 PM.
9th March 2012, 04:40 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glasgow

More
Okay, Is there soldering required?

9th March 2012, 04:45 PM |#5  

More
No soldering, although it is a bit fiddly at times and the old earpiece takes some convincing to get out...
9th March 2012, 05:13 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Glasgow

More
Spoke to a shop who will do it, they gave different prices depended on if the ear piece is broken or if its the connection, Surely a new one will solve both issues?

9th March 2012, 05:22 PM |#7  

More
New earpiece should solve both problems and only costs a few quid, plus another couple for the right torx t5 screwdriver. It's a fairly simple job but if you're not comfortable you could get a shop to do it... Should save any mishaps like me loosing my volume button.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread