Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Battery drain of HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) under Android Ftoyo FRX06

OP kuzmos

30th March 2011, 03:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I am using the latest Froyo build 06 of Android - clean installation on SD. CurrentWidget displays powerdrain constantly over 325 mAh. From what I read on forums, in deep sleep mode the device should take around tens of milliAmpers per hours. Usage of ~300 mAh means that my battery is drained after 4 hours! I tried disabling data on backgrund, wifi and gps, turning off the screen, setting pm.sleep_mode in startup.txt on 0,1,2,3 - no change. The power consumption won't go under 300 mAh. It means that device is not going to the sleep mode and I have no idea why. "Battery history" shows that Android OS is the most active "preventer" of the device swtching to deep sleep, however no details are available. Do any owners of HTC Touch Pro have some tips'n' tricks how to lower the consumption under 100 mAh in Android?

Thanks!
1st August 2011, 12:26 PM   |  #2  
Flag Prague
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
More
I got "FroYo Bundle** FRX07!!" which works nicely (but not so smooth with no animations though), but I resigned after my Touch Pro drains the battery from 100% to death during an afternoon. I noticed the backlight was mostly on even when I switched the phone to standby (power button).

FroYo may be too much for Touch Pro HW, but I'm affraid the ROM has a glitch, which results to the baterry drain.
1st August 2011, 01:39 PM   |  #3  
Flag location! location!! (somewhere in the vast array of question marks)
Thanks Meter: 146

1,878 posts
My RAPH100 runs for two days straight before notifying me that it needs to be recharged. Perhaps it matters that we run different kernel packages, variations of that and roots or perhaps it's device dependent? I hear others with similar issues say that development for their device has been somewhat halted partly due to negligence of other testers not coming forward with issues for that particular device. Perhaps this is to be expected for any device IF we don't start reporting such things either in the appropriate thread OR even IRC page(hint)? There are only so many devs and literally tens of thousands of devices out there to attempt this port for and others that it was never intended for.
Last edited by R^7Z; 1st August 2011 at 01:41 PM.
9th March 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I have a similar issue with a touchpro using Raphael FRX7.1MR. I wanted to test for use as an inexpensive device in an experiment. But, the battery drain meant I could not test it let alone use it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread