Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,086 Members 54,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Android Market - Can't Buy Software - Says I already bought it

Tip us?

Benzoman
Old
Thanks Meter 204
@stephan-thanks. might be a little easier. especially if you can't get you your PC. I think I froze everything but the market updater, trying to find a fix for this.
I did notice in my seaches that some time ago Google acknowledged it was a "known issue and was working on it", but they were probably really working on the Google Play Store.
Now that its out maybe they will get to this, but who knows?
Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 USA Wi-Fi
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 USA Wi-Fi

If I have helped you in any way Please use the "Thanks" button.

nguyen2011
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzoman View Post
Just got pointed to this link with many reports of it fixes this issue. Looks promising but haven't tried it.
Looks as your PC may be needed to do it... A little German wouldn't hurt but If you pay enough attention I think you'll figure it out without knowing any German.
The link comes from user "zephiK"
"http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=18 is a workaround. Currently there is a bug with the Android Market (or now Google Play) where if you load a apk using the same signatures, it will think that you purchased the app (such as installing the APK in OP) and won't let you buy it. The link I linked is a workaround and will allow you to buy..."
All credit goes to zephiK For pointing it out and the OP for the Actual fix.
Make sure you find a way to thank him if this helps you.

EDIT: Just tried this myself and it WORKS! Used Chrome Browser and the instructions and it allowed me to purchase a side loaded app that was not free in the Market, I'd not bought anywhere, but was marked Purchased. Even after changing true to false it still read "purchased" on the button but when I clicked the "purchased" button it allowed me to purchase the app.
Works for me too. Thanks a lot!

godsmacked4653
Old
Thanks Meter 87
Quote:
Just got pointed to this link with many reports of it fixes this issue. Looks promising but haven't tried it.
Looks as your PC may be needed to do it... A little German wouldn't hurt but If you pay enough attention I think you'll figure it out without knowing any German.
"http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=18 is a workaround. Currently there is a bug with the Android Market (or now Google Play) where if you load a apk using the same signatures, it will think that you purchased the app (such as installing the APK in OP) and won't let you buy it. The link I linked is a workaround and will allow you to buy..."

EDIT: Just tried this myself and it WORKS! Used Chrome Browser and the instructions and it allowed me to purchase a side loaded app that was not free in the Market, I'd not bought anywhere, but was marked Purchased. Even after changing true to false it still read "purchased" on the button but when I clicked the "purchased" button it allowed me to purchase the app.
I can confirm this works, too. Nice find.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

parads
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

I was having this issue with a paid app that I've installed after download it from internet to try it. After use this workaround on Chrome I could buy the app online

Zugshad
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.pieri View Post
I had a similar issue before. My issue was I downloaded an apk to try it out first before purchasing. Once installed, it syncs with the market (now Google Play) which flags it as purchased. I couldn't properly buy it until a little workaround.

To do this, you need to do the following (they worked for me, sorry if this is not the case for you)

1. Using Titanium Backup, freeze Market Updater and backup Google Play Store (Or Market if you are still on that one).
2. Uninstall (if you have it already) the app you would like to purchase
3. Download and install Android Market 2.3.6. A simple search will help you find the apk.
4. In my case, I could not open the old market easily. I had to add a widget to the home screen then access it from there. Note: It may open up a webpage to do with Google Play, in that case, open up the task manager and switch to the market.
5. Locate the app you want to purchase and it should let you proceed. Buy it, let it download and install fully before proceeding.
6. Open up Titanium Backup again and unfreeze Market Updater.
7. In Titanium Backup, find Market and restore the one you backed up in step 1.

The above steps worked for me twice. I was able to purchase the app and download it, as well as receive updates too.

Hope this helps
I can confirm this worked for me and really appreciate it.. dont use chrome and tried the ot her one and was having issues with it. trierd the one above and worked great.. the only issue running into is that I backed up Play Store and after the process, went in and unfroze updater, but then couldnt find the backup of play store to restore.. rebooted and checking now.. ;( but i was able to at least buy the app it was giving me an issue with..

thanks
Current Phone :
Samsung Galaxy Note III
ROM-
Kernel-

Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB

Previous Phones :
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Motorola Atrix
Samsung Captivate
Iphone 3G