FORUMS

How Strong Is Your Connection? – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Everyone is always talking about their bars. How many bars of WiFi do they … more

OnePlus 2 Announced: Specs, Price and Details

The OnePlus 2 has just had its Virtual Reality Launch event, and at the XDA Office we all … more

A Helpful Guide to Music Streaming Services

With the launch of Apple Music, music streaming services have recently gained a lot of … more

An Inside Look at the Redesign of Business Calendar

The much-acclaimed calendar app, Business Calendar, underwent a major design … more

[Q] P990 new rom

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By RestInPiss, Junior Member on 9th March 2012, 02:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello masters,
I have some problems with ( maybe ) my stock rom V20L. ( twice daily, sometimes more than once, i hear scrap sound or noise and after this sound dont play ( silent mode) any sound or notification, alarm just nothind
i must restart phone ... and after restart is all OK

I Want try instal new rom maybe test CyanogenMod9 ? or i need yours expression, because I do not know what to expect..
I never had custom rom. ( what is +pros or -cons for this rom )

I cant reclamation because i have Root
Sorry for english.

9th March 2012, 04:45 PM |#2  
Flag Enschede
Thanks Meter: 113

More
Hi!

At least you got root, that makes things easier...

Anyway, the thing is, you actually need to read yourself in order to choose the best rom... But, I can give you my opinion.

The best custom rom so far is in my opinion Temaseks CM7 KANG (my signature). I know CM9 is already available to us, thanks to our awesome developers , but it's still in alpha phase and not everything is working properly, So if I were you I would stick to CM7 until CM9 totally works. (which shouldn't take very long) But, it's your choice obviously...

Make sure to make a full backup though when you want to flash either CM7 or CM9, because you need to wipe everything when you come from stock...
9th March 2012, 07:31 PM |#3  
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Yeah he's right - in my opinion, try temasek's latest 71- its quite stable and awesome .....

Wipe everything after backup before flashing any rom so that everything works good

Sent from my Optimus 2X using XDA
9th March 2012, 07:48 PM |#4  

More
Hi RestInPiss,
Personnaly i use CM7 nightly With kernel swiftextrem power save.
Sorry, i can't give you the links of download because i am new user.
And it's very stable
11th March 2012, 04:56 PM |#5  
Flag Serravalle Scrivia
Thanks Meter: 17

More
hi , the best rom is cm7 temasek 72..
make sure u do a full nandroid backup first and when u want to come back to stock rom remember to convert to ext3 filesystem first of restore the backup..
To increase the volume like stock rome use the app volume+, and to increase the camera photo and videos quality install stock camera mod by Kostia..
Hope this helps..
Cheers
12th March 2012, 07:22 PM |#6  
Flag Stuttgart
Thanks Meter: 486

Donate to Me
More
I really love nova HD +. It's CM9 based and it's getting updated a the time. But there are are few things which doesn't walk perfectly.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda premium
12th March 2012, 09:41 PM |#7  

More
aokp 4.0.3 or kang 2.3.7
I use AOKP Mileston 4. In this rom there are same bugs of CM9 (no decoding/encoding video, some app for ICS are glitchy), but there rom is quite stable and smooth.

Also Temasek Kang CM7 with EtAna kernel by vadonka is a good choice =)
14th March 2012, 02:17 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
For me, the Chuck Norris Edition 1.1 is the most stable and fastest ROM!

Try it and luv it!
16th March 2012, 09:59 AM |#9  

More
hi,
i think you should flash the rom again
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread