FORUMS

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Make Your Lockscreen More Productive With Widgets

Are you running Android Lollipop? Do you miss the ability to add widgets to your lock … more

Power Case for Kindle Fire - 2x Battery Life

79 posts
Thanks Meter: 16

By DesDr0id, Member on 12th January 2012, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Just announced during the Consumer Electronics Show:

Power Case for Kindle Fire:

http://nyko.com/products/product-det...e=Power%20Case

http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/11/n...tand-hands-on/ (Has video)

Features:
2x Battery Life
Moves Power Button to Front

Looks like a very cool accessory, though I feel they'll need to do better with the pricing..

12th January 2012, 02:32 PM |#2  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 295

More
Very cool and I agree with you that the price needs to come down a bit. These companies making cases need to keep in mind that the tablet itself cost $200. Paying $60 for a case is not very practical imo. People put $30 cases on their $500 phones which seems a bit more reasonable.

Although tablets are bigger than phones....I don't think it constitutes twice the cost.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
12th January 2012, 11:48 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
looks neat though there is no way to order it online
13th January 2012, 12:32 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1ForFun

Very cool and I agree with you that the price needs to come down a bit. These companies making cases need to keep in mind that the tablet itself cost $200. Paying $60 for a case is not very practical imo. People put $30 cases on their $500 phones which seems a bit more reasonable.

Although tablets are bigger than phones....I don't think it constitutes twice the cost.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

I don't see how paying $500 for a phone is reasonable. My leather Belkin case cost 40 bucks. $60 is reasonable considering it double battery life.
8th February 2012, 05:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Just what the Fire needed - the added weight of an additional battery!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
10th February 2012, 02:29 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I don't think I've ever had enough battery problems to warrant spending $60 on 2x the battery life. I do throw my kindle into my book bag often though, so I will stick with my durable case so the screen stays pristine.
10th February 2012, 05:01 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Yeah, for the price ill stick with the chargers.
13th February 2012, 04:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My only wish is the battery pack would have in integrated mic and volume buttons. Other than that it looks pretty neat!
9th March 2012, 08:13 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
SD Card slot would of been nice too!
The Following User Says Thank You to wbales For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th March 2012, 04:27 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
That looks like a nice case. The price doesn't seem that bad saying it doubles the battery life. The extra size would probably almost be a good thing for me since the Kindle Fire is a smaller sized tablet. I might consider getting that case eventually.
12th March 2012, 08:23 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
This is pretty slick if you are away from a place where you can charge on a frequent basis. The price is a tad high but not that much more than the leather Marware case my wife bought me. Personally, I'm holding out for when USB OTG is enabled and evaluating my options (maybe a case with keyboard or sdcard).

Sent from my Kindle Fire (CM7) using xda premium

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread