Tip us?

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2937

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidmatt View Post
In regards to Verizon's upgrade list here; even though it isn't complete, I think it is ridiculous that carriers aren't more worried about getting their phones upgraded. I recognize that the manufacturers do the development, but you'd think that the carriers would try to light a fire under their ass.
Verizon works with the OEMs on the phone(s) they want to update. The decision to update the devices rests solely on VZW and not the OEMs.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this

mkuehl06
Old
Thanks Meter 135

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Verizon works with the OEMs on the phone(s) they want to update. The decision to update the devices rests solely on VZW and not the OEMs.
Seems like vzw is always royally screwing Samsung users. I had a fascinate (still do with jts cm9 kang) and their gb update screwed the phone up, so i had to flash Justin's leak of eh03 on it. I know its off topic but just another example of sorry ass vzw ideas

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App

piizzadude
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Is this still the same list that has NO Samsung phones on it? So none of them are getting an upgrade?

List is obviously not near complete....

imnuts
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2937

DONATE TO ME
I have heard from more than one person that Samsung has internal ICS builds for the Charge. I don't see them working on builds internally if there are no plans to upgrade the phone. Just look at the Continuum, it had internal builds of Froyo and it got updated, though it was about 8 months after every other Galaxy S phone got updated. Odds are, they will just roll out ICS to fix problems rather than working on fixing stuff in GB in the next update.
Setup a Development Environment
Setup and Use the Android SDK
Stock Odin Restore files

You can find the answer to all of your questions right here. If that doesn't work, then try this or this
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BleedsOrangeandBlue
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
what repercussion is there if the manufacturer doesn't oblige a request to upgrade a certain device?

Hindle1225
Old
Thanks Meter 156
If and(or) when the Charge gets ICS I"ll most likely have a different phone. have my doubts it will get it though.
I'm just glad the charge devs around here have kept me content with this phone for so long.

Charge-TwStock 1.4 / Bought this app!

jager420
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindle1225 View Post
If and(or) when the Charge gets ICS

NO IF'S AND OR BUTTS!

DirgeExtinction
Old
Thanks Meter 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindle1225 View Post
If and(or) when the Charge gets ICS I"ll most likely have a different phone. have my doubts it will get it though.
I'm just glad the charge devs around here have kept me content with this phone for so long.

Eh,I'm currently running JT's CM9 and, personally, it's very close to a daily driver. All I need is data/mms/camera and I'd be set. I have faith the RIL will be figured out in due time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
Owned: Motorola Rokr, LG Dare, Motorola Droid, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Droid Charge
Currently rocking: Samsung Galaxy Nexus

andrewjt19
Old
Thanks Meter 99

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction View Post
Eh,I'm currently running JT's CM9 and, personally, it's very close to a daily driver. All I need is data/mms/camera and I'd be set. I have faith the RIL will be figured out in due time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
I agree- JT and imnuts have done alot with the Charge- I know we will have ICS working soon with or without VZW & Samsung.
Andrewjt19
"Rule Your Phone"

not just the air.

Current Devices: HTC One Max (Verizon), Samsung Galaxy Note II (used by my wife ), Asus Transformer Prime

Retired Devices: Droid X, HTC Incredible, Droid Charge, Galaxy Nexus (never giving this thing up)...

Check out my website: www.ProjectIntercession.Blogspot.com

droidxrooting
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
I think it will get ICS, one way or another
Your glass is half full sir! I like optimists!

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote:
I have heard from more than one person that Samsung has internal ICS builds for the Charge. I don't see them working on builds internally if there are no plans to upgrade the phone. Just look at the Continuum, it had internal builds of Froyo and it got updated, though it was about 8 months after every other Galaxy S phone got updated. Odds are, they will just roll out ICS to fix problems rather than working on fixing stuff in GB in the next update.
I know verizon and samsung is working on the patch for the charge. It will mostly fix audio quality issues with droid charge. It supposed to come out soon. I dont have any other information yet. Once I fiund out will let you guys know.