FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

No ICS for Droid Charge

7th March 2012, 05:14 PM |#21  
imnuts's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,059
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatkidmatt

In regards to Verizon's upgrade list here; even though it isn't complete, I think it is ridiculous that carriers aren't more worried about getting their phones upgraded. I recognize that the manufacturers do the development, but you'd think that the carriers would try to light a fire under their ass.

Verizon works with the OEMs on the phone(s) they want to update. The decision to update the devices rests solely on VZW and not the OEMs.
 
 
7th March 2012, 06:26 PM |#22  
Senior Member
Flag Kouts
Thanks Meter: 170
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

Verizon works with the OEMs on the phone(s) they want to update. The decision to update the devices rests solely on VZW and not the OEMs.

Seems like vzw is always royally screwing Samsung users. I had a fascinate (still do with jts cm9 kang) and their gb update screwed the phone up, so i had to flash Justin's leak of eh03 on it. I know its off topic but just another example of sorry ass vzw ideas

Sent from my SCH-I510 using XDA App
9th March 2012, 02:14 AM |#23  
Senior Member
Flag Harrisburg
Thanks Meter: 58
 
More
Is this still the same list that has NO Samsung phones on it? So none of them are getting an upgrade?

List is obviously not near complete....
9th March 2012, 02:26 AM |#24  
imnuts's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag West Chester
Thanks Meter: 3,059
 
Donate to Me
More
I have heard from more than one person that Samsung has internal ICS builds for the Charge. I don't see them working on builds internally if there are no plans to upgrade the phone. Just look at the Continuum, it had internal builds of Froyo and it got updated, though it was about 8 months after every other Galaxy S phone got updated. Odds are, they will just roll out ICS to fix problems rather than working on fixing stuff in GB in the next update.
The Following User Says Thank You to imnuts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 02:31 AM |#25  
BleedsOrangeandBlue's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Charleston, SC
Thanks Meter: 50
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

Verizon works with the OEMs on the phone(s) they want to update. The decision to update the devices rests solely on VZW and not the OEMs.

what repercussion is there if the manufacturer doesn't oblige a request to upgrade a certain device?
9th March 2012, 02:34 AM |#26  
Hindle1225's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 169
 
More
If and(or) when the Charge gets ICS I"ll most likely have a different phone. have my doubts it will get it though.
I'm just glad the charge devs around here have kept me content with this phone for so long.

Charge-TwStock 1.4 / Bought this app!
9th March 2012, 08:35 PM |#27  
Senior Member
San Fernando Valley
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindle1225

If and(or) when the Charge gets ICS


Charge-TwStock 1.4 / Bought this app!

NO IF'S AND OR BUTTS!
10th March 2012, 02:41 PM |#28  
DirgeExtinction's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 282
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindle1225

If and(or) when the Charge gets ICS I"ll most likely have a different phone. have my doubts it will get it though.
I'm just glad the charge devs around here have kept me content with this phone for so long.

Charge-TwStock 1.4 / Bought this app!

Eh,I'm currently running JT's CM9 and, personally, it's very close to a daily driver. All I need is data/mms/camera and I'd be set. I have faith the RIL will be figured out in due time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium
11th March 2012, 03:45 AM |#29  
andrewjt19's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 145
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirgeExtinction

Eh,I'm currently running JT's CM9 and, personally, it's very close to a daily driver. All I need is data/mms/camera and I'd be set. I have faith the RIL will be figured out in due time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

I agree- JT and imnuts have done alot with the Charge- I know we will have ICS working soon with or without VZW & Samsung.
15th March 2012, 07:19 AM |#30  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

I think it will get ICS, one way or another

Your glass is half full sir! I like optimists!

---------- Post added at 07:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts

I have heard from more than one person that Samsung has internal ICS builds for the Charge. I don't see them working on builds internally if there are no plans to upgrade the phone. Just look at the Continuum, it had internal builds of Froyo and it got updated, though it was about 8 months after every other Galaxy S phone got updated. Odds are, they will just roll out ICS to fix problems rather than working on fixing stuff in GB in the next update.

I know verizon and samsung is working on the patch for the charge. It will mostly fix audio quality issues with droid charge. It supposed to come out soon. I dont have any other information yet. Once I fiund out will let you guys know.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes