Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,854 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy Note not waking up?

Tip us?

Mephisto_POA
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Still waiting for Samsung to collect the phone here...

citylimits
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Both me and my GF, have had our GT-N7000 galaxy notes for about 3 weeks now.

We've both had them turn off twice. I'm glad I found this thread! Some useful suggestions in here.

What should I be setting the WI-FI policy to?

'when screen turns off.'

or 'never.' ??

sandsm
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I am also facing the same problem.

Mephisto_POA
Old
Thanks Meter 2
you guys should contact samsung to complain about this issue as I did, the more you get in touch with them quicker they will realize that is a firmware problem and resolve it asap
Samsung collected yesterday my note, lets see what they will find.

cswithxda
Old
Thanks Meter 34
As you may noticed, I once experienced this issue and posted for help in this thread. I addressed the issue by changing to different ROMs together with kernel.

And just now I also saw this post by user schaggo (thanks!), here's the quote:

Quote:
This is probably related to minor changes of the hardware in newer Notes. It seems kernels basing on .35.7 do not properly work on those Notes, source .35.14 seems does. The device does work, its just a display problem. Try turning the device on and off a couple times, it'll eventually come back.
The symptoms though, is limited to this: (by agravier) (Thanks!)

Quote:
Some recent N7000 with non directly rootable ROMS have problems after downgrading to KJ1 and upgrading to some more recent ROM: once locked, the phone is not unlockable, white pixels are displayed instead of the lock screen.
So if you have exact same symptoms on ur phone, try flashing a different kernel!

GL!

citylimits
Old
(Last edited by citylimits; 12th March 2012 at 11:09 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I just had my N7000 go into a 'sleep of death'. This is the third time in a month. basically, it's happened once a week.

I have the WIFI sleep policy set to 'never when plugged in' at the moment, it has the added bonus of saving even more battery power, but has NOT resolved the issue.

I've created a file to keep track of the issue: how often it happens (and when) and also the settings i've changed to attempt to resolve it.

Today, under the display settings, I changed my screen mode from MOVIE to STANDARD. I also turned off the 'auto adjust screen power'.

I've kept my WIFI sleep mode settings the same.

I wonder if this is just certain batches made in China?

I've got a white g note GT-N7000 that is marked on the box as being made in China. Same with my GF's note.

What about everyone else? If you are having the 'SOD' issue, where was your device manufactured?

DamirArs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello! I have a problem with SOD, the phone was manufactured in Korea 10.2012 initially came with firmware KJ4 (DBT), to date, LB1 (DBT), I've tried a bunch of non-original firmware with the execution of all instructions to wipe, the same result. Are there programs or fixing the cause of an application for which the system freezes? Sorry for my bad english I'm from Russia.

EarlZ
Old
Thanks Meter 272
Issue is not limited to the note alone but also on the Tab7.7 and 7.0 Plus

Mephisto_POA
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamirArs View Post
Hello! I have a problem with SOD, the phone was manufactured in Korea 10.2012 initially came with firmware KJ4 (DBT), to date, LB1 (DBT), I've tried a bunch of non-original firmware with the execution of all instructions to wipe, the same result. Are there programs or fixing the cause of an application for which the system freezes? Sorry for my bad english I'm from Russia.
I got mine updated to several different firmwares and nothing changed, is with samsung on the repair center now

les_garten
Old
Thanks Meter 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephisto_POA View Post
I got mine updated to several different firmwares and nothing changed, is with samsung on the repair center now
Can you let us know if they find anything or are able to resolve it?
If I say something Useful Click the THANKS Button! If I say something totally Hilarious, click that baby TWICE!

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite, and furthermore always carry a small snake

SM-900T on AT&T (ViSiON X N3 NB7 N9005)
Galaxy NOTE 10.1 2014 SM-P600