Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 48,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy R is discontinued, so says Samsung outlets

Tip us?

micrographics
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Yesterday I visited several stores in Jayanagar, Bangalroe and everyone said no stock, product discontinued. Then I visited one of the Samsung Smartphone store i.e. Samsung Flagship store and the guy sitting there confirmed availability though he had only one piece in stock. I agreed for the price and then brought the box from store and to my surprise, the flagship store saleguy was having resealed box and clear marks on that showing "Speaker and Headphone problem - Brigade Road"

Secondly, the box had double seal on it. One Original; Samsung Seal with Samsung Logo and another pasted on top of it. This made be doubtful that sale person is trying to sell either a defective piece of a used piece which a customer returned and that too for 22K.

Is this the standard of Samsung Brand store.
The Following User Says Thank You to micrographics For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

'cooleagle'
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by micrographics View Post
Yesterday I visited several stores in Jayanagar, Bangalroe and everyone said no stock, product discontinued. Then I visited one of the Samsung Smartphone store i.e. Samsung Flagship store and the guy sitting there confirmed availability though he had only one piece in stock. I agreed for the price and then brought the box from store and to my surprise, the flagship store saleguy was having resealed box and clear marks on that showing "Speaker and Headphone problem - Brigade Road"

Secondly, the box had double seal on it. One Original; Samsung Seal with Samsung Logo and another pasted on top of it. This made be doubtful that sale person is trying to sell either a defective piece of a used piece which a customer returned and that too for 22K.

Is this the standard of Samsung Brand store.
These re-sealed boxes are usually the demo pieces which are put up for display. I was being given such a piece but I flatly refused to buy it.

I bought from another shop which had stock. I would suggest you not to buy any such re-sealed handsets as there's no way we can check what has been done to the handset or if there's any hardware defect.

Moreover if you saw some remarks indicating some hardware problems with that particular handset then it makes no sense to buy that piece.

But do try some other shops if you are lucky enough you'll get one.

AbShake96
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoBoiix3 View Post
Android Kitchen ? I heard they can extract .img files

Herpderp Defy.
Thank You! I finally extracted the files. Someone should have told me this earlier.

D.I.T.M. Developer In The Making. : )

CallMeVentus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2866

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbShake96 View Post
Thank You! I finally extracted the files. Someone should have told me this earlier.

D.I.T.M. Developer In The Making. : )
I guess it's time for me to make an ICS Kernel too

Herpderp Defy.
Current phone: Sony Xperia SP LTE (C5303), Samsung Galaxy S Advance NFC (GT-I9070P)
Here's my Twitter. Follow me, block me, suit yourself.
Old phones: Galaxy R, Motorola Defy, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Motorola Backflip

Galaxy Ace newbie guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1225493

"The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself"

ishafiq
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
It might be a temporary issue.

Today found the Galaxy R with ST Ericsson CPU. Probably the TEGRA2 was the PITA for Samsung and they are doing away with this.

Fingers crossed this phone is reborn with less issues.

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consume...GT-I9103MAATGY

CallMeVentus
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2866

DONATE TO ME
I can't even find a kernel .
This is worse D:

Herpderp Defy.
Current phone: Sony Xperia SP LTE (C5303), Samsung Galaxy S Advance NFC (GT-I9070P)
Here's my Twitter. Follow me, block me, suit yourself.
Old phones: Galaxy R, Motorola Defy, Samsung Galaxy Ace, Motorola Backflip

Galaxy Ace newbie guide: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1225493

"The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself"

'cooleagle'
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1139
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishafiq View Post
It might be a temporary issue.

Today found the Galaxy R with ST Ericsson CPU. Probably the TEGRA2 was the PITA for Samsung and they are doing away with this.

Fingers crossed this phone is reborn with less issues.

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consume...GT-I9103MAATGY
But what about our R ?

raghavafitt
Old
Thanks Meter 1115

DONATE TO ME
GALAXY R will not discontinious......

If it is out of stock now, then it might come again with ICS pre-loaded. Don't think Sammy will discontinue SGR so soon.The available device was imported/manufactued in Oct'11. So, after price drop it was sold out. Guess,it should be available with ICS by March-April.
You can join in facebook LG G2 community

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lgmobiles

you can join in facebook Galaxy note II community

https://www.facebook.com/groups/galaxynote2

$$$...The Warrior SAINT...$$$

Xperia X10 Mini >> Galaxy Fit >> Galaxy S I9000 >> Galaxy R I9103 >> Galaxy S2 I9100 >> Galaxy Note >> Galaxy Note II >> LG G2

Google86
Old
Thanks Meter 33
what do you think about a galaxy R with STE cpu? our tegra2 is I9103 , the ste version shoun't be a diffent code? like ie I9103T,or I9103G? like S2 that exists variants like I9100, I9100T, I9100G regarding the diferent SoC or specs.

Our SGR i9103 has already confirmed by samsung ICS since Dec 20th. and we dont know anything about this new CPU on SGR. even if will be sold outside hong kong.

shafee005
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Samsung Official Response

This is how Samsung responded on their official forum

"We would like to inform you that galaxy R was launched with limited stocks and whatever quantity is available would be with retailers, please check with them for the same. However, alternatively you can check out galaxy S which offers great value with similar features: check the link- Forum not letting me post the source link here

It is evident from this response that, they have no plans for bringing Galaxy R back to market. The chances of Galaxy R getting ICS is diminishing. I was using Galaxy SL i9003, prior to Galaxy R and got the GB update after posting some really "GOOD COMMENTS" on all available samsung resources and forums on internet. We users will have to start cribbing Samsung from day 1, once ICS for Galaxy S2 is released

Tags
discontinued, galaxy r, i9103