Post Reply

[KERNEL][UV][CWM] Entropy's Daily Driver-GB, 03/07/2012 (Small Fixes))

9th March 2012, 07:10 PM   |  #2251  
ryude's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 643
 
2,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellc1052

Can I run extweaks and setcpu together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Yes. /10char
9th March 2012, 08:21 PM   |  #2252  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,414
 
13,302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbellc1052

Can I run extweaks and setcpu together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Apply common sense... If I'm telling people to use SetCPU for stuff AND adding ExTweaks support... Come on, THINK!
9th March 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #2253  
Member
SoCal
Thanks Meter: 17
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Entropy, I got crash again with 3/5 Test kernel; however, last_kmsg is not there after I turned my phone on... I am using root explorer btw but android terminal tells the same.
9th March 2012, 11:28 PM   |  #2254  
Member
Flag North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 7
 
42 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Apply common sense... If I'm telling people to use SetCPU for stuff AND adding ExTweaks support... Come on, THINK!

I know but I thought extweaks might have been a replacment for setcpu. Sorry
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
Red5
9th March 2012, 11:33 PM   |  #2255  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Apply common sense... If I'm telling people to use SetCPU for stuff AND adding ExTweaks support... Come on, THINK!

You know that attitude isnt practiced here. Expecting people to think, pfft...
10th March 2012, 12:02 AM   |  #2256  
OP Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 24,414
 
13,302 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeXel55

Entropy, I got crash again with 3/5 Test kernel; however, last_kmsg is not there after I turned my phone on... I am using root explorer btw but android terminal tells the same.

Hmm... So the phone completely shut off this time? Weird.

If you're not getting last_kmsg feedback, try 1/24.
10th March 2012, 12:28 AM   |  #2257  
Member
SoCal
Thanks Meter: 17
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

Hmm... So the phone completely shut off this time? Weird.

If you're not getting last_kmsg feedback, try 1/24.

It always complete shuts off during charging but only on some of your latest kernels past 12/8 ( big battery charging icon shows up after I press power button, then I take phone of the charger and press the key for 3 seconds and it boots). I though that what crash to LPM meant...

I think it would crash with 1/12 too (it did with 1/02), but it never did with 12/08. 2/28 also seems stable (used it for 2 continuous days) and 3/3 B crashed. I will try 3/3, 3/2 and 1/24 and report on Sunday.

P.S. I have to try stock kernel though for few days to exclude hardware failure. Last time I tried it, my phone never crashed.


Quote:

It always complete shuts off during charging but only on some of your latest kernels past 12/8 ( big battery charging icon shows up after I press power button, then I take phone of the charger and press the key for 3 seconds and it boots). I though that what crash to LPM meant...

I take my words back, I figured out the difference (last_kmsg disappears if phone gets totally off instead of crash to LPM). So this time it turned completely off I suppose.
Last edited by DeXel55; 10th March 2012 at 08:25 AM.
10th March 2012, 01:59 AM   |  #2258  
ryude's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag USA
Thanks Meter: 643
 
2,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Donate to Me
More
Been using 03/07 for the past 2 days, its very smooth and battery life is good as well. I haven't had any sod's either. I don't think its the best, but it is certainly moving in the right direction.
10th March 2012, 02:02 AM   |  #2259  
Senior Member
Flag Howell, NJ
Thanks Meter: 327
 
1,438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
More
Something interesting just happened. I was on the 3/05 test kernel and as I was in CWM to switch to 3/7, CWM recovery froze as I was selecting options, screen went black and it showed the battery indicator in the middle of the screen for a second or so. Then that went away and the phone re-entered CWM recovery.

It proceeded to do this a second time, time I tried to select an option again.

Hopefully you can find something in the attached last_kmsg.
Attached Files
File Type: txt last kmsg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (16.8 KB, 4 views)
10th March 2012, 05:27 AM   |  #2260  
Jank4AU's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Weaver
Thanks Meter: 1,761
 
3,012 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

That almost surely has nothing to do with the kernel and everything to do with Google Play, which did all sorts of janky ****.

Why does it have to be"janky" ****, huh? :) lol

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, kernel
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in AT&T Samsung Galaxy S II Android Development by ThreadRank