[Q] about backup of appz and app data

Tip us?

abhibnl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Default [Q] about backup of appz and app data

Hey guys!
I need expert advice about appz and app data backup. Well i want to try a custom rom but i don't want to install all my appz again and don't want to play all game levels again. So i really would like to know the simplest and effective way to backup data?
PS: I heard about Titanitm backup but i also heard that it can brick device. Please suggest me a simple way with steps. :):)

djenis
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhibnl View Post
Hey guys!
I need expert advice about appz and app data backup. Well i want to try a custom rom but i don't want to install all my appz again and don't want to play all game levels again. So i really would like to know the simplest and effective way to backup data?
PS: I heard about Titanitm backup but i also heard that it can brick device. Please suggest me a simple way with steps. :):)
You can do a backup app + app data with Titanium backup, find them on Market just search Titanium

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to djenis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abhibnl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by djenis View Post
You can do a backup app + app data with Titanium backup, find them on Market just search Titanium

Sent from my GT-S5830 using xda premium
But mate i read on some sites that wrong titanium restoration can brick my device. That's why i 'm kinda afraid of using it.

hackerxx
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Dude, i do not understand how someone can brick a phone using titanium backup. Maybe that guy did not gain proper superuser access, resulting in a bricked phone? Also, I think a lot of users here in xda use this app everyday, and I don't think most of them get bricked as titanium is very easy to use
The Following User Says Thank You to hackerxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

virajjjj
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Hey don't worry I am using titanium backup since a year and am not getting any problem. Yeah I admit it that some times restored apps misbehave but that is all when you play with extreme level of setting believe me and also don't forget to press thanks button

FEEL "ACE"TEEMED
FEEL "ACE"Teemed
The Following User Says Thank You to virajjjj For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tents
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 11
Titanium backup is a good app.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

Pluip
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I use ultimate backup. That's also a good app.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

aadroid.dev
Old
Thanks Meter 173
Quote:
But mate i read on some sites that wrong titanium restoration can brick my device. That's why i 'm kinda afraid of using it.
Using Titanium Backup ever since I got my first Android.............

NEver had any kind of problems. and Titanium jst restores apps it won't do anything with system as long as you haven't asked it to. So no worries abt it.....
My Devices:

Samsung Galaxy S2:
Highly modified stock
DorimanX kernel
The Following User Says Thank You to aadroid.dev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

abhibnl
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 144
Thanks to all of you. Now i guess i'll be using titanium backup from now on.

musf
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
may be u mean the rom manager.. yep, rom manager restoration will brick our ace.. but titanium back up is safe to use..