Post Reply

[WIP][4.0.3]ICS CM9 ThinkPad Tablet PORT

OP Jon2555

9th March 2012, 08:49 AM   |  #221  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
405 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
I've tested Splashtop HD (remote desktop) and the display is not working correctly.

I didn't try it before on 3.1 (so doesn't know if it works before), but I think it's related with the HW acceleration (, Youtube HD)
9th March 2012, 05:18 PM   |  #222  
Koshu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 449
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by opnsrcaddict

Here is the logcat of me plugging in the folio.

http://pastebin.com/S8Qs9w5C

Here is the interesting part:

Code:
D/EventHub(  151): No input device configuration file found for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet'.
E/KeyLayoutMap(  151): /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl:161: Expected key code label, got 'YEN'.
E/Keyboard(  151): Could not determine key map for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet' and no default key maps were found!
I/EventHub(  151): New device: id=8, fd=228, path='/dev/input/event7', name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', classes=0x80000001, configuration='', keyLayout='', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false
I/InputReader(  151): Device added: id=8, name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', sources=0x00000101
D/EventHub(  151): No input device configuration file found for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet'.
E/KeyLayoutMap(  151): /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl:161: Expected key code label, got 'YEN'.
E/Keyboard(  151): Could not determine key map for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet' and no default key maps were found!
I/EventHub(  151): New device: id=9, fd=229, path='/dev/input/event8', name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', classes=0x80000009, configuration='', keyLayout='', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false
I/InputReader(  151): Device added: id=9, name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', sources=0x00002103
D/InputReader(  151): BatchSize: 1 Count: 1
D/InputReader(  151): Input event: device=9 type=0x0000 scancode=0x0000 keycode=0x0000 value=0x00000000 flags=0x00000000
D/dalvikvm( 1249): GC_CONCURRENT freed 346K, 21% free 8183K/10311K, paused 1ms+4ms
D/InputReader(  151): BatchSize: 5 Count: 5

Ah thanks. Could you try to replace the /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl file with this one? -> http://koshu.de/Generic.kl You might need to reboot after this but pluging out and in the folio should be enough.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koshu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 07:28 PM   |  #223  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
100 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2011
The Generic.kl did not fix Folio keyboard usage. Pointer and buttons only, still. After replacing file, cold booted, then inserted TPT into folio keyboard. No keypresses are shown, On screen keyboard remains.
9th March 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #224  
Koshu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 449
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwstein

The Generic.kl did not fix Folio keyboard usage. Pointer and buttons only, still. After replacing file, cold booted, then inserted TPT into folio keyboard. No keypresses are shown, On screen keyboard remains.

Please try again with http://koshu.de/Generic.kl (Reuploaded a new file). If this isn't working i need another logcat with the changed Generic.kl. The parts with Eventhub and Keylayout are indeed the important parts (for now).

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Koshu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 02:17 AM   |  #225  
Member
Flag Waterford,MI
Thanks Meter: 0
 
57 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Still no luck on my end:

Logcat
http://pastebin.com/kj2n22d8

Code:
D/dalvikvm( 1176): GC_CONCURRENT freed 355K, 22% free 7727K/9863K, paused 1ms+4ms
W/InputManagerService(  149): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@414f5490
D/EventHub(  149): No input device configuration file found for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet'.
E/KeyLayoutMap(  149): /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl:108: Expected key code label, got 'KEYBOARD_LESS'.
E/Keyboard(  149): Could not determine key map for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet' and no default key maps were found!
I/EventHub(  149): New device: id=10, fd=166, path='/dev/input/event6', name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', classes=0x80000001, configuration='', keyLayout='', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false
I/InputReader(  149): Device added: id=10, name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', sources=0x00000101
D/EventHub(  149): No input device configuration file found for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet'.
E/KeyLayoutMap(  149): /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl:108: Expected key code label, got 'KEYBOARD_LESS'.
E/Keyboard(  149): Could not determine key map for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet' and no default key maps were found!
I/EventHub(  149): New device: id=11, fd=167, path='/dev/input/event7', name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', classes=0x80000009, configuration='', keyLayout='', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false
I/InputReader(  149): Device added: id=11, name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', sources=0x00002103
D/InputReader(  149): BatchSize: 1 Count: 1
D/InputReader(  149): Input event: device=11 type=0x0000 scancode=0x0000 keycode=0x0000 value=0x00000000 flags=0x00000000
D/dalvikvm(  427): GC_CONCURRENT freed 446K, 24% free 7013K/9223K, paused 2ms+3ms
D/InputReader(  149): BatchSize: 3 Count: 3
D/InputReader(  149): Input event: device=10 type=0x0004 scancode=0x0004 keycode=0x0000 value=0x00070004 flags=0x00000000
D/InputReader(  149): Input event: device=10 type=0x0001 scancode=0x001e keycode=0x0000 value=0x00000001 flags=0x00000000
D/InputReader(  149): Input event: device=10 type=0x0000 scancode=0x0000 keycode=0x0000 value=0x00000000 flags=0x00000000
D/InputReader(  149): BatchSize: 3 Count: 3
EDIT: I followed your lead and commented out the line that define "KEYBOARD_LESS" (Line 108?) and now the folio seems to work! I'll continue testing all the keys and let you know how it looks, but it seems as if that was the fix.
10th March 2012, 05:58 AM   |  #226  
Member
Flag Stumptown
Thanks Meter: 10
 
81 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by quyTam

I've tested Splashtop HD (remote desktop) and the display is not working correctly.

I didn't try it before on 3.1 (so doesn't know if it works before), but I think it's related with the HW acceleration (, Youtube HD)

Works fine on 3.1,

Sent from my ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to noefects For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 10:27 AM   |  #227  
Koshu's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 449
 
347 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2007
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by opnsrcaddict

Still no luck on my end:

Logcat
http://pastebin.com/kj2n22d8

Code:
D/dalvikvm( 1176): GC_CONCURRENT freed 355K, 22% free 7727K/9863K, paused 1ms+4ms
W/InputManagerService(  149): Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: com.android.internal.view.IInputMethodClient$Stub$Proxy@414f5490
D/EventHub(  149): No input device configuration file found for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet'.
E/KeyLayoutMap(  149): /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl:108: Expected key code label, got 'KEYBOARD_LESS'.
E/Keyboard(  149): Could not determine key map for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet' and no default key maps were found!
I/EventHub(  149): New device: id=10, fd=166, path='/dev/input/event6', name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', classes=0x80000001, configuration='', keyLayout='', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false
I/InputReader(  149): Device added: id=10, name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', sources=0x00000101
D/EventHub(  149): No input device configuration file found for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet'.
E/KeyLayoutMap(  149): /system/usr/keylayout/Generic.kl:108: Expected key code label, got 'KEYBOARD_LESS'.
E/Keyboard(  149): Could not determine key map for device 'Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet' and no default key maps were found!
I/EventHub(  149): New device: id=11, fd=167, path='/dev/input/event7', name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', classes=0x80000009, configuration='', keyLayout='', keyCharacterMap='/system/usr/keychars/Generic.kcm', builtinKeyboard=false
I/InputReader(  149): Device added: id=11, name='Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet', sources=0x00002103
D/InputReader(  149): BatchSize: 1 Count: 1
D/InputReader(  149): Input event: device=11 type=0x0000 scancode=0x0000 keycode=0x0000 value=0x00000000 flags=0x00000000
D/dalvikvm(  427): GC_CONCURRENT freed 446K, 24% free 7013K/9223K, paused 2ms+3ms
D/InputReader(  149): BatchSize: 3 Count: 3
D/InputReader(  149): Input event: device=10 type=0x0004 scancode=0x0004 keycode=0x0000 value=0x00070004 flags=0x00000000
D/InputReader(  149): Input event: device=10 type=0x0001 scancode=0x001e keycode=0x0000 value=0x00000001 flags=0x00000000
D/InputReader(  149): Input event: device=10 type=0x0000 scancode=0x0000 keycode=0x0000 value=0x00000000 flags=0x00000000
D/InputReader(  149): BatchSize: 3 Count: 3
EDIT: I followed your lead and commented out the line that define "KEYBOARD_LESS" (Line 108?) and now the folio seems to work! I'll continue testing all the keys and let you know how it looks, but it seems as if that was the fix.

Ah, great to hear. Are other keyboards working with this fix, too? Will include it into the next release.
The Following User Says Thank You to Koshu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 10:29 AM   |  #228  
Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 4
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
I'll try the fix with my folio today. It is a UK layout one if that makes a difference.
10th March 2012, 02:37 PM   |  #229  
claytonjn's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 703
 
1,404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
I installed this last night on my US 16GB WiFi ThinkPad, and I'm happy to report that I was also able to get my keyboard folio working, in fact I'm using it to post this! The only buttons I can find that are not working are the sound mute button, microphone mute button, notification pannel button, settings button, and the zoom buttons. A few other things I noticed right off the bat:
  • Almost every word in this post has been flagged as not in the dictionary. More than not.
    I was unable to connect to my VPNs - both are PPTP
    I unchecked the option to show pattern when unlocking, however the pattern is still shown.
    The signal strength for cell is always showing in the status bar even though I have a WiFi only version
    The Emergency Call button is shown on the lock screen
    I have also noticed issued with flicking or scrolling

I personally may have to switch back to HC until VPN works, but I will definetly miss ICS on here. All of the other bugs I've encountered are reletively minor.
10th March 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #230  
Member
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 4
 
47 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
After commenting out KEYBOARD_LESS on line 108 I can use 95% of the keyboard although @ and " are swapped because I'm using a UK layout. Tilde and hash are also non-functional.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes