Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Thread Closed

At&t Note / T-mobile 3g/4g fix Found- pledged donors step up[$455 Paid, $235 Left]

OP itsjusttim

9th March 2012, 10:18 PM   |  #271  
Thanks Meter: 33

193 posts
More
Can the op make this thread
a stiky thread.
10th March 2012, 12:01 AM   |  #272  
LA JOLLA
Thanks Meter: 551

5,311 posts
Donate to Me
More
Will do... once I become available

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
10th March 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #273  
Flag Jonesboro, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 222

958 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zozodouce

a stiky thread.

While XDA does not specifically ban bounty threads, the Powers That Be believe them to be basically against the free-form development they have been promoting since Day One. As such, they will not sticky or front-page a bounty thread, though they will also not ban them outright.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomin.fhl

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=10571

Best I could find but unfortunately it's not much help because of the low resolution of the images. Also it is a confusing teardown since it shows what looks like an International Note but lists U.S. Note specifications (LTE, NFC, 1.5GHz processor).

Yeah, saw those on Engadget, but as you say the low res does nothing for us. Couldn't find the original samsung post though, so thanks
Last edited by Snarksneeze; 10th March 2012 at 01:31 AM.
10th March 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #274  
Flag Jonesboro, Arkansas

958 posts
Donate to Me
More
No ADB in Download Mode
Okay, I get a decent connection via adb when the phone is turned on and the cable is connected to my computer.

But when I reboot into Download Mode (Volume Down + Power -> Volume Up), adb devices is empty. Tried multiple USB ports, multiple cables. I am currently using the OEM cable that came with my phone.

Any suggestions?

I've already tried uninstalling the Samsung drivers and re-installing.

-Edit 1-
FYI: I'm attempting to install the KJ3 Radio in order to pull a logcat of the results for our dev over in the Donate thread. I also intend to attempt different kernels to see if those make a difference. So this is for a good cause
Last edited by Snarksneeze; 10th March 2012 at 04:42 AM.
10th March 2012, 06:23 AM   |  #275  
Memphis
Thanks Meter: 53

657 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarksneeze

Okay, I get a decent connection via adb when the phone is turned on and the cable is connected to my computer.

But when I reboot into Download Mode (Volume Down + Power -> Volume Up), adb devices is empty. Tried multiple USB ports, multiple cables. I am currently using the OEM cable that came with my phone.

Any suggestions?

I've already tried uninstalling the Samsung drivers and re-installing.

-Edit 1-
FYI: I'm attempting to install the KJ3 Radio in order to pull a logcat of the results for our dev over in the Donate thread. I also intend to attempt different kernels to see if those make a difference. So this is for a good cause

ADB devices or ODIN devices?
10th March 2012, 06:42 AM   |  #276  
Flag Jonesboro, Arkansas

958 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSigler

ADB devices or ODIN devices?

I get a device under adb when the phone is on, but can't get Odin com no matter what.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note using the XDA Premium app.
10th March 2012, 06:53 AM   |  #277  
Thanks Meter: 15

97 posts
Did you try using the driver application in the heimdall package? I am not suggesting flashing anything with heimdall just pointing out there is a windows app (...xadig? Something like that...) that is helpful for drivers sometimes

I tried flashing the modem from the bounty thread but kept getting fail from odin once it started the process.

Good luck, if i can help and have time, I will.
10th March 2012, 07:07 AM   |  #278  
LA JOLLA
Thanks Meter: 551

5,311 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well you guys can't flash radios via Odin if it isn't for that carrier ie tmo radio on a att galaxy note only via cwm or adb ....

10th March 2012, 07:34 AM   |  #279  
Flag Jonesboro, Arkansas

958 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyitsme

Did you try using the driver application in the heimdall package? I am not suggesting flashing anything with heimdall just pointing out there is a windows app (...xadig? Something like that...) that is helpful for drivers sometimes

I tried flashing the modem from the bounty thread but kept getting fail from odin once it started the process.

Good luck, if i can help and have time, I will.

Yeah, tried heimdall too. I ended up with so many potential drivers in the Samsung device properties that I uninstalled everything and started over with just Samsung and ADK.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalkowni

Well you guys can't flash radios via Odin if it isn't for that carrier ie tmo radio on a att galaxy note only via cwm or adb ....

Right, but to get CWM working I need to install it. Only method I could find was via Odin or through ADB, neither of which are working for me.
10th March 2012, 03:06 PM   |  #280  
Flag Delaware
Thanks Meter: 114

1,106 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarksneeze

Yeah, tried heimdall too. I ended up with so many potential drivers in the Samsung device properties that I uninstalled everything and started over with just Samsung and ADK.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Right, but to get CWM working I need to install it. Only method I could find was via Odin or through ADB, neither of which are working for me.

You should technically be able to.do it from the phone in terminal emulator. Just take the adb shell parts off the command. Do I recommend doing it this way...not really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread