Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,501 Members 45,585 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

At&t Note / T-mobile 3g/4g fix Found- pledged donors step up[$455 Paid, $235 Left]

Tip us?

zozodouce
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Default Can the op make this thread

a stiky thread.

yalkowni
Old
Thanks Meter 551

DONATE TO ME
Will do... once I become available

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Snarksneeze
Old
(Last edited by Snarksneeze; 10th March 2012 at 12:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zozodouce View Post
a stiky thread.
While XDA does not specifically ban bounty threads, the Powers That Be believe them to be basically against the free-form development they have been promoting since Day One. As such, they will not sticky or front-page a bounty thread, though they will also not ban them outright.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomin.fhl View Post
http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=10571

Best I could find but unfortunately it's not much help because of the low resolution of the images. Also it is a confusing teardown since it shows what looks like an International Note but lists U.S. Note specifications (LTE, NFC, 1.5GHz processor).
Yeah, saw those on Engadget, but as you say the low res does nothing for us. Couldn't find the original samsung post though, so thanks

Snarksneeze
Old
(Last edited by Snarksneeze; 10th March 2012 at 03:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Default No ADB in Download Mode

Okay, I get a decent connection via adb when the phone is turned on and the cable is connected to my computer.

But when I reboot into Download Mode (Volume Down + Power -> Volume Up), adb devices is empty. Tried multiple USB ports, multiple cables. I am currently using the OEM cable that came with my phone.

Any suggestions?

I've already tried uninstalling the Samsung drivers and re-installing.

-Edit 1-
FYI: I'm attempting to install the KJ3 Radio in order to pull a logcat of the results for our dev over in the Donate thread. I also intend to attempt different kernels to see if those make a difference. So this is for a good cause

MSigler
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarksneeze View Post
Okay, I get a decent connection via adb when the phone is turned on and the cable is connected to my computer.

But when I reboot into Download Mode (Volume Down + Power -> Volume Up), adb devices is empty. Tried multiple USB ports, multiple cables. I am currently using the OEM cable that came with my phone.

Any suggestions?

I've already tried uninstalling the Samsung drivers and re-installing.

-Edit 1-
FYI: I'm attempting to install the KJ3 Radio in order to pull a logcat of the results for our dev over in the Donate thread. I also intend to attempt different kernels to see if those make a difference. So this is for a good cause
ADB devices or ODIN devices?
Nexus 5 32GB
Nexus 7 LTE
Toshiba Thrive

Snarksneeze
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSigler View Post
ADB devices or ODIN devices?
I get a device under adb when the phone is on, but can't get Odin com no matter what.

Sent from my AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note using the XDA Premium app.

thatguyitsme
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Did you try using the driver application in the heimdall package? I am not suggesting flashing anything with heimdall just pointing out there is a windows app (...xadig? Something like that...) that is helpful for drivers sometimes

I tried flashing the modem from the bounty thread but kept getting fail from odin once it started the process.

Good luck, if i can help and have time, I will.

yalkowni
Old
Thanks Meter 551

DONATE TO ME
Well you guys can't flash radios via Odin if it isn't for that carrier ie tmo radio on a att galaxy note only via cwm or adb ....

Snarksneeze
Old
Thanks Meter 216

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguyitsme View Post
Did you try using the driver application in the heimdall package? I am not suggesting flashing anything with heimdall just pointing out there is a windows app (...xadig? Something like that...) that is helpful for drivers sometimes

I tried flashing the modem from the bounty thread but kept getting fail from odin once it started the process.

Good luck, if i can help and have time, I will.
Yeah, tried heimdall too. I ended up with so many potential drivers in the Samsung device properties that I uninstalled everything and started over with just Samsung and ADK.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalkowni View Post
Well you guys can't flash radios via Odin if it isn't for that carrier ie tmo radio on a att galaxy note only via cwm or adb ....

Right, but to get CWM working I need to install it. Only method I could find was via Odin or through ADB, neither of which are working for me.

jamesd86
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snarksneeze View Post
Yeah, tried heimdall too. I ended up with so many potential drivers in the Samsung device properties that I uninstalled everything and started over with just Samsung and ADK.

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Right, but to get CWM working I need to install it. Only method I could find was via Odin or through ADB, neither of which are working for me.
You should technically be able to.do it from the phone in terminal emulator. Just take the adb shell parts off the command. Do I recommend doing it this way...not really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Past: HTC Dream, HTC Mytouch 3g, Samsung Vibrant, HTC Mytouch 4G, Samsung Infuse, Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket, Samsung Galaxy S II i777, Samsung Galaxy S II GT-i9100

Present: Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 PARANOID!

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe