Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,164 Members 38,875 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

giving up on this device

Tip us?

vodovodo
Old
Thanks Meter 14
is it the original car charger ?

maybe the problem is with the charger itself not the phone ?

netnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodovodo View Post
is it the original car charger ?

maybe the problem is with the charger itself not the phone ?
it' a motorola car charger, it works fine with all my other phones, all of them never overheat like lg. lg is the only phone that give me "overheat detected, phone stop charging" <-something like that.
i used to have sony x10, samsung infuse, samsung galaxy s2 international (already sold on ebay, i like to play with all the latest phone and doesnt lost that much money).

Epyoch
Old
Thanks Meter 9
never seen a problem like that...gets about the same temp as my garminfone while charging and using gps...and about the same temp as my netbook....doesn't seem to affect anything...

netnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epyoch View Post
never seen a problem like that...gets about the same temp as my garminfone while charging and using gps...and about the same temp as my netbook....doesn't seem to affect anything...
it doesnt matter how hot it is compare to garminfone.
it pops up this message "heat detected, phone stop charging"
you know you will run out of battery cus it refuses to charge!

Archector
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default Have you

Have you tried another car charger? those are really cheap, i don't think it's a reason to switch to another phone without trying that.

netnerd
Old
Thanks Meter 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archector View Post
Have you tried another car charger? those are really cheap, i don't think it's a reason to switch to another phone without trying that.
yeah. i bought that motorola car charger for 5$ on amazon but it never overheat my other phones except lg nitro.
going to try another car charger to see what happen.

liteon163
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I bought a Spectrum because I like the hardware; it's a huge improvement over my old CM7 AMOLED DROID Incredible. Sure, the developers aren't here. But it's still a great phone. And I can change launchers, which eliminates its biggest weakness.

I buy phones based on what they ARE, not on what they "should" become. If the Spectrum never gets CM9, I'll still be satisfied with the phone I DO have, not disappointed in the phone it should have become.

Sent from my VS920 4G using XDA

debugger919
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Just curious, I wonder if the Spectrum can flash the ICS rom leaked rencently, I think it's the same device as LU6200.

LiViD
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by liteon163 View Post
I bought a Spectrum because I like the hardware; it's a huge improvement over my old CM7 AMOLED DROID Incredible. Sure, the developers aren't here. But it's still a great phone. And I can change launchers, which eliminates its biggest weakness.

I buy phones based on what they ARE, not on what they "should" become. If the Spectrum never gets CM9, I'll still be satisfied with the phone I DO have, not disappointed in the phone it should have become.

Sent from my VS920 4G using XDA
These phones were designed to run ICS, as they were intended for. LG is just dragging their heals on it. Chances are that the 4X with ICS will be released to the market before that happens. They've already made a profit on these phones, and are now aggravating people by teasing them with a new product.
SAMSUNG Galaxy Nexus i337M - Bell Mobility
ROM: Goldeneye 35
Modem: MK6

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0"
ROM: Baked BlackBean 6
Kernel: CM 3.0.8
RETIRED

Epyoch
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by netnerd View Post
it doesnt matter how hot it is compare to garminfone.
it pops up this message "heat detected, phone stop charging"
you know you will run out of battery cus it refuses to charge!
I've never seen it say that...maybe you've got a bad one...or what you are using to charge it is not good for the phone....try another charger...it might work for all other phones...but might be off for this one.