Originally Posted by 78Staff
Hmm... not good news. I've had SetCPU off with the kernel change (as I've been reading SetCPU might be part of the problem) - Are you guys using SetCPU?
I'll re-enable and see if anything changes.
I'm using the current version of Voltage Control. SetCPU gives me fits sometimes on my Transformer TF101, so I elected not to use it on my phone. Voltage Control is really nice and seems very stable.
I have the following settings configured:
bfq/smartassV2. I've also used bfq/lulzactive with no issues.
(I'm pretty sure this is stock -50mV across the board.)
I've not had a single SoD on either 2.0.1 or 2.1 and this ROM on this phone has been solid as a rock for me. On 2.1, I've used version 2.6.12 of Siyah and updated to 2.6.13 the day it came out. I don't know if the I777 has different hardware revisions as the Captivate did, but under my battery it reads "Rev0.1".
For what it's worth, my Cappy would *always* have SoD issues when it was less than 35 degrees on all stock kernels. The only thing that actually fixed this was running a custom ROM (actually kernel) and undervolting. If you are getting constant SoDs, try feeding it less voltage instead of more - that's what it took for my Cappy to work right.
The absolute only issue that I've had in this regard with this ROM is that sometimes when I turn it on, it does nothing and might take 3-10 seconds to actually come on. This once or twice a day occurance is easily overshadowed by the sheer awesomeness of this ROM. Great job Jivy!
I hope this helps some of you guys get your devices working better.