Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,742 Members 37,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How do I remove apps to be able to purchase through sale?

Tip us?

alteredlikeness
Old
(Last edited by alteredlikeness; 10th March 2012 at 02:11 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5154

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkh786 View Post

This is how you solve it mate (remember to thank )

The way to get around this issue on both Gingerbread & ICS is as follows:
  1. Wipe Market data, uninstall market (or uninstall market updates)
  2. Install old version of Market (version 2.3.6 - you need to find the .apk from XDA)
  3. Open old version of Market and buy/download the app

Tada!

This worked for me.. I was in a similar situation! Trust me you don't need to contact Google or create another account or any of that mallarky! Just do the three steps above and your laughing!

KKH
If you completely remove the Market/GoogPlay and reinstall, you're going to lose any other apps that you already legitimately paid for.. aren't you? I was going to do this but I was afraid to lose the more expensive apps that I purchased if I wiped the Market from my system..
I had a couple of non-market apps that I wanted to pay for through the market, and two gmails anyway so, I figured why not...
All apps from both accounts show up on my phone together, they are only separate when I go into the market - but that's why they have an Accounts button in the menu, right?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

UPDATE: I just received a reply email from a game dev and their response said it was Google's issue and there's no fix yet, but they advised me to another xda thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1534053 <--------SEE THIS THREAD FOR SIMPLE APP BY APP FIX - ONLY GOOG CHROME WEB BROWSER AND A PC (possibly Mac, if you swing that way) REQUIRED.

hramos20
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Finally got it working!! It seems that on old Market versions this bug did not exist. So I did the following:

Method 1:
1. Go to Settings\Applications\Manage applications\All\
2. Look for "Market" or "Google Play Store"
3. Click on "Uninstall Updates"
4. Now go to the Market (should be the old green/white version) and install your desired app. It should no longer say "Purchased" and Presto!!

But you have to be fast before the market updates itself to "Google Play Store" or you can freeze the "Market Updater" app using Titanium Backup so you can do your thing without worring of it updating to the new version.

Method 2:
Find an old Market apk and replace the current one. Not sure which version it works because once I purchased my app it immediately updated the market and didn't give me chance to see the version .Should be the green/white app we had before.

Hope it works for you guys too!

alteredlikeness
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5154

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteredlikeness View Post
If you completely remove the Market/GoogPlay and reinstall, you're going to lose any other apps that you already legitimately paid for.. aren't you? I was going to do this but I was afraid to lose the more expensive apps that I purchased if I wiped the Market from my system..
I had a couple of non-market apps that I wanted to pay for through the market, and two gmails anyway so, I figured why not...
All apps from both accounts show up on my phone together, they are only separate when I go into the market - but that's why they have an Accounts button in the menu, right?

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

UPDATE: I just received a reply email from a game dev and their response said it was Google's issue and there's no fix yet, but they advised me to another xda thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1534053 <--------SEE THIS THREAD FOR SIMPLE APP BY APP FIX - ONLY GOOG CHROME WEB BROWSER AND A PC (possibly Mac, if you swing that way) REQUIRED.

I wanted let everyone know that I added a 2nd google account and purchased the apps through that - worked like a charm - then removed the account, and the apps from the removed account are still there after reboot.. if I ever need to update, just add the other account again..

And, the above-referenced link works like a shiney-er charm...