[ ROM ] Stock Rooted FC07 System [ ICS / OS 4.0.3 ]

Search This thread

cidica

Aug 9, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Odin is like my safe zone and I'd prefer to do everything I can through it but I'm trying to get more comfortable using cwm, however lol having said that I think I will in fact flash the modem via odin and then flash the rom via cwm.

Thanks again everyone for your responses.

I won't bash cwm it is a great tool. Odin however just IMOO is just safer and I'm sure a few people would agree. Knowing that we can flash even if it takes a few more minutes is always nicer then seeing a brick from something messing up in cwm. (at least with these ICS builds for now)

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

Really?
That would be wonderful!
Thank you very much... be sure to post your magic here, please. :D

We will all appreciate that!

Tiff is awesome dude if you didn't know now ya do :)

dtm_stretch

Dec 22, 2010
Albany
So I have made the smali edit to the phone.apk already so you don't have the increasing ringer. Thanks to Nivron for his guide. The apk is attached use root explorer.

does ring vibrate work on this? ty for zip also.

This isn't a flashable zip, this is just the apk to push to system/app. I am not sure what you mean by ring vibrate? This is just for when you get a call the first ring is quite then the second is loud, this puts them both at the same level.

Attachments

• Phone.apk
    3.1 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Reactions: DataHawg

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006
I like custom Roms, but with several releases per week it's easier to stick with stock so I don't have to wipe data daily.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Reignzone

Sep 2, 2009
Dallas, Texas
I won't bash cwm it is a great tool. Odin however just IMOO is just safer and I'm sure a few people would agree. Knowing that we can flash even if it takes a few more minutes is always nicer then seeing a brick from something messing up in cwm. (at least with these ICS builds for now)

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

... apparently, huh?
HA!

Yeah... she sure as hell is, especially for taking my request in a heartbeat like that!

I'm pleased to be among such a friendly community, on most days. :rolleyes:

Esoteric68

Jun 9, 2011
Hellabama
This is exactly my thinking. I'm trying to avoid bricking my phone while still enjoying playing around with all these leaks. To be honest I usually hold out for sfhub's stock-rooted packages for that very reason.

jamesey

Aug 1, 2006

What makes Odin safer? I thought the bricks were from touch temp recovery.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010

Lol. Thank you. I appreciate that and it's not a problem guys. It's downloading now. As soon as it gets down I'll drop it in a zip and upload for you all.

dante32278

Nov 13, 2010
You can flash whatever modem u want, all depends on what works best with ur phone and ROM.

I'm on fc06rom stock with fc07 modem and loving it. No issues to report, but if you have any....wipe cache/dalvik and let ur phone optimize ur apps.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This ROM is completely stock with exception that root/busybox is included and it uses the stock(No CWM) kernel.

All must be flashed through CWM, so flash the modem also in the same CWM session because once you reboot, you won't have CWM

Factory reset \ Data format is HIGHLY recommended(use FORMAT ALL attached before flashing)

Stock Rooted FC07 ROM (v1.0)
    md5 - 060b87256c378c08c1ea7c6116571a01

Stock Rooted De-odex'd FC07 ROM (v1.0)
    md5 - 9e68892ad40e09c4dd66ee4e21785d27

FC07 Modem
    md5 - 77504966a7a3399e2e12494560822ad3
    This is exactly my thinking. I'm trying to avoid bricking my phone while still enjoying playing around with all these leaks. To be honest I usually hold out for sfhub's stock-rooted packages for that very reason.
    Being put together now. Should be tested and uploaded within a few hours.
    Just flashed FC07 rom with repacked FC06 kernel.
    Went thru without any problems.
    Now I'll run few tests to see if anything broke.
    Here is the stock FC07 kernel for those that wanted it. This is a flashable zip so you'll need to have a kernel with a custom recovery like Rogue or CWM. Just boot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?l6f47h57ts5t109
    If you running FC06 or FC07 builds no need to wipe.
    Anything else I didn't try so can't say with certainty.
    If any of you guys planning to flash it now I'll wait a little before making it public.
    Let have couple of success stories before we start bragging.

Here is just the theme for anyone that has already flashed the rom. I updated it for FC07. The status bar is themed, along with the notification pull down, settings, mms and dialer. Just boot into custom recovery such as Rogue or CWM, wipe cache/dalvik cache and flash.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?0f0up64w4p6f2kb