[Q] Strange issues with Google Maps navigation?

OP Nate2

4th March 2012, 05:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

473 posts
I was using Google Maps navigation today, and as I got to my destination, it force closed on me.

I was able to use the phone and other social networking apps after that FC incident.

On my way back home, I tried to use Google Maps navigation again. It launched, locked my device really bad, and shut my device down! I was not able to turn the device back on using the power button. Had to do a battery pull.

Since when did Android apps have the ability to shut down the device and prevent the power button from working?

Google Maps navigation worked fine for the drive back home after the battery pull.

Stock DroidX (.621 OTA updated) Android 2.3.4

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
6th March 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 11

51 posts
More
I was having an issue with Maps draining my battery because it wouldn't close properly, never locked my phone up to where I needed to reboot though. It would just keep starting in the background and running, even a force close wouldn't fully work.
7th March 2012, 04:23 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 232

1,140 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaFloyd

I was having an issue with Maps draining my battery because it wouldn't close properly, never locked my phone up to where I needed to reboot though. It would just keep starting in the background and running, even a force close wouldn't fully work.

For some reason Maps is one of those applications that runs non-stop, regardless of rom or device.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
9th March 2012, 12:38 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

51 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by infazzdar

For some reason Maps is one of those applications that runs non-stop, regardless of rom or device.

Very true, I went into ROMToolbox under Auto Start MGR and stopped it from opening all the time, works great. No more drain!

9th March 2012, 03:14 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 10

105 posts
Sunspot activity today caused problems with GPS systems today. Maybe the cause of your problem.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA
10th March 2012, 05:57 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50

473 posts
Google blaming the Sun for my Google Navigation app locking up (on many occasions) would be like the Captain of the Exxon-Valdez/Titanic blaming the Sea for his ship sinking. LOL.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread