Car dock...

OP skifreek

8th March 2012, 02:43 AM   |  #81  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 40

356 posts
More
What I did is I modified my iPhone 4 holder from ProclipUSA.com

The holder can be expanded and contracted according to the size of the bumper/case. It can go as far wide as a Galaxy Note + Elago thin case, no problem.

I had to remove the iPhone 30 pin charger (there's two screws and a bit of glue, it's hard but doable), I did that and I could put it back again if I needed to. Now I have to figure out a way to stick out the Samsung charger through that hole, but that's is waiting for a case. I think just a piece of wood (painted black) with foam should be enough to hold the tip in place. The phone itself would be held by the sides of the case.

Better than sell the iPhone dock (very new) and now I have a flexible case to boot, it could go well with any usb phone with charger in the bottom, I think.
8th March 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #82  
Thanks Meter: 60

573 posts
I bought some ghetto 6 dollar one that sticks to the window a year ago and it still works great even w/ the Note. Kinda ghetto though.
8th March 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #83  
Flag Cool, CA
Thanks Meter: 97

414 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Bombay

I bought some ghetto 6 dollar one that sticks to the window a year ago and it still works great even w/ the Note. Kinda ghetto though.

If it works, then it works
8th March 2012, 04:15 PM   |  #84  

573 posts
This is the one I purchased many moons ago.

Universal Car Mount Holder
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WXC4P0/..._am_us?ie=UTF8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717
8th March 2012, 04:17 PM   |  #85  

573 posts
Anyone buy this one? Looks good and its only 4 bucks. I might have to downgrade.

Heavy-Duty Universal Car Mount Holder for Cellphone, MP3 Player, iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Droid, GPS Garmin, TomTom, Magellan
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002YESWOQ/..._am_us?ie=UTF8

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717
8th March 2012, 10:08 PM   |  #86  
Memphis
Thanks Meter: 53

653 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dustman

That is fantastic, I had no idea this dock had a 3.5mm input on the back, I just ordered mine after reading this post. Thank you!

Yeah, i didn't know it did until I got it, I was very pleased to see it too. Make sure you go into settings > Dock > and enable "Audio Output Mode" or you'll be pulling your hair out trying to figure out why you aren't getting audio out, like I was
The Following User Says Thank You to MSigler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 12:17 AM   |  #87  
Flag So Cal
Thanks Meter: 18

462 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsc7080xsc

Outside of creating a hard bolt mount on my dash, I am looking for recommendations on which car dock has the best mount stability that can stand some precision driving and many lateral g-forces. Suggestions ? (even if home crafted)

I'm liking the Pro Clip base, but the mount itself would be unusable for me. Right now I've got a Speck case and planning on going to something with more protection as soon as it comes out (read bigger). So, I'm looking for a universal-type mount that can both handle the phone in the case, handle some spirited driving, and mount to the ProClip hard mount.

Did you ever find something?
10th March 2012, 06:12 AM   |  #88  
Flag WARRENTON
Thanks Meter: 11

124 posts
Donate to Me
More
OEM DOCK
Just received and installed my OEM car dock. Really like the plug and go (same as my atrix)...however. I use volume+ and it doesn't seem to work 100% of the time...more testing needed, but I think it has something to do with Bluetooth being on, and weather it is active and working before placing in the dock/activating BT. It did not work at first, but later, I was using it on Pandora, then inserted in dock (no BT on) and it was working. I turned on BT, and it quit. Anyone else using both of these? I also am not happy with the plug in for audio in the back, but may just be my cable. It does not seem to "click" in all the way, going to try a different cable tomorrow.
21st March 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #89  
Flag Fayetteville, NC
Thanks Meter: 169

731 posts
More
Decided I'm going to mod a couple mounts to get the best of what I need an want.

ProClip mount to mount to my truck. The mount is a flat surface which should lend itself to being a good mod foundation. $30 sucks, but will be worth it in the long run as it offers a 3'oclock position in relation to the steering wheel (see attached).

I have a samsung desk dock from my Vibrant that I am going to dismantle tonight and see if I can make it work with what I 've got in mind to give the docking feature. Now I need to choose something that can be mounted to this dock that will accomadate a Seidio case as that is the one I plan to order. I may order some kydex and make my own as this may be the only thing that will work right and will allow me to easy drill the holes to mount to the proclip.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	958401  
Last edited by Chief Geek; 21st March 2012 at 06:13 PM. Reason: added picture
The Following User Says Thank You to Chief Geek For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st March 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #90  
Flag Fayetteville, NC
Thanks Meter: 169

731 posts
More
Just ordered my sheet of kydex. Wife and kids go out of town this weekend for a week or so, plenty of time to screw with this.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread