Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Detect, Avoid IMSI-Catcher Attacks with Android IMSI-Catcher Detector

Privacy is always an important topic, as well as a delicate one to … more

Materialized LeanDroid Fights Your Poor Battery Life

Battery life has always been one of the biggest problems facing most Android devices. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Widget Locker worth purchasing?

OP liquidraven

10th March 2012, 02:33 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oak Harbor, WA
Thanks Meter: 18

299 posts
More
Curious to know if this Locker actually works? ive tried go locker but it seems to randomly come up late when turning on the screen, no idea why..itl show stock lock screen but then show my go locker one a couple secs later..kinda annoying. Does this widget locker do the same?
10th March 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #2  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 199

810 posts
More
Did you delete the htc lockscreen when you had go locker installed?
10th March 2012, 03:34 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Oak Harbor, WA
Thanks Meter: 18

299 posts
More
i did not, how do i do that? using Titanium?

never mind i found it thanks for the help
Last edited by liquidraven; 10th March 2012 at 03:52 AM.
10th March 2012, 05:14 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 90

448 posts
More
I've used GoLocker and Widget Locker. Widget Locker is 10x better, more smooth and it almost literally replaces the new lockscreen. it has about 10 built in lock themes that are pretty standard, including Ice Cream Sandwhich, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb.

I definitely recommend it's purchase if you're looking for a new lockscreen. It's also super-customizable.

Sometimes you do still have that delay when it switches to the lockscreen, but it's not nearly as bad as Go Locker. usually the lagged lockscreen happens if you turn the screen off then turn it on right away. If you turn the screen off and wait a couple seconds, it grabs the Widget Locker screen completely when you turn it back on.
10th March 2012, 05:43 AM   |  #5  
Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 169

889 posts
Donate to Me
More
I love Widget Locker. Bought it launch for the intro price.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201
10th March 2012, 06:45 AM   |  #6  
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 83

562 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode

Sometimes you do still have that delay when it switches to the lockscreen, but it's not nearly as bad as Go Locker. usually the lagged lockscreen happens if you turn the screen off then turn it on right away. If you turn the screen off and wait a couple seconds, it grabs the Widget Locker screen completely when you turn it back on.

And if you have root access you can enable root helper which basically makes it so there is no lag, Definetly worth it in my opinion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenXSniper For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 08:08 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 90

448 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenXSniper

And if you have root access you can enable root helper which basically makes it so there is no lag, Definetly worth it in my opinion.

I never knew this. Just goes to show you how much I sit down and explore the application settings.
11th March 2012, 08:27 PM   |  #8  
Flag OKC
Thanks Meter: 337

2,718 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenXSniper

Thanks! I didn't know this either. I had stopped using WL because of the lag. Will test drive it again!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread