Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,235 Members 51,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[XAP] SMSBackup V0.9, Backup & Export SMS/MSN/Facebook Messages [Updated 2012-05-19]

Tip us?

NOOB4ALL
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hi
thx for da job seems nice

I have some questions :
Does da erased text messages are in da CommsBackup.xml file ?
I try to recover some erased messages

Can the backup be automatic ?
So if i erased a message by mistake without doing backup manually i'll still be able to restore it ?

Thx

VNavratil
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi, I uploaded my backup on the skydrive in txt. only, but I dont know how to restore them. Or if I backuped them correctly. Is it possible to restore smsīs with txt. only?

konker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNavratil View Post
Hi, I uploaded my backup on the skydrive in txt. only, but I dont know how to restore them. Or if I backuped them correctly. Is it possible to restore smsīs with txt. only?
The TXT & XML files are merely for backup purposes only. The utility is currently not capable of using this data to restore the SMS. For that, you would have to use the Restore function in the Backup & Restore menu & place the store.vol (& PimIndex.vol) in the location shinichi_wtn showed a few post back.
My Devices: Thinkpad T410 Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Core i7-2.67GHz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD, 4Gb DDRIII-1067 RAM; Motorola Atrix 4G Stock ROM; Thinkpad Tablet 32Gb + 3G Stock ICS

kahiro
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Default same contact linking problems

hi shinichi,

tried v0.6 but still have the same problem as previously. tried to restore both before and after syncing and same problem. duplicate contacts created in the people hub but when clicked on nothing happen. I guess these are coming from the backup. Also problem with wrong contact photos being assigned.

anyway, my contact index using the test option is 05-00-00-00-02-00-07-00-59-00-00-00. hope you can find the solution soon as this is one of the most need tools for us flash junkies.

keep up the good work. thanks.

shinichi_wtn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOOB4ALL View Post
Hi
thx for da job seems nice

I have some questions :
Does da erased text messages are in da CommsBackup.xml file ?
I try to recover some erased messages

Can the backup be automatic ?
So if i erased a message by mistake without doing backup manually i'll still be able to restore it ?

Thx
CommsBackup.xml is generated by the phone every day or every two days but not at regular time. So it is very likely to have your deleted messages because new CommsBackup.xml is not generated yet. But the real database store.vol never contains your deleted messages(erase it immediately after you delete), so can not restore them.

shinichi_wtn
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahiro View Post
hi shinichi,

tried v0.6 but still have the same problem as previously. tried to restore both before and after syncing and same problem. duplicate contacts created in the people hub but when clicked on nothing happen. I guess these are coming from the backup. Also problem with wrong contact photos being assigned.
Yes, restore feature is not perfect at now. Since we do not know how WP manage accounts and other infos, so different problems may happen after restoring. But at least we can keep our sms in the computer
The Following User Says Thank You to shinichi_wtn For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jcsy
Old
(Last edited by jcsy; 11th March 2012 at 01:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 924

DONATE TO ME
OK
I am using 0.7

I selected BACKUP STORE.VOL

I navigvate into here;
\Applications\Data\09125ea9-95de-469a-aedc-22e35389ab0a\Data\IsolatedStore\BackupVols

I can see this file now, store.vol

so I copy paste this (within windows) to my Laptop

and when I want to restore, I restore it to
\Applications\Data\09125ea9-95de-469a-aedc-22e35389ab0a\Data\IsolatedStore\BackupVols
and upload the store.vol there
(using Windows Phone Device Manager, or any Isolated Storage explorer)

and now enter the app, and select "RESTORE.VOL" correct?

honestly, i think these instructions would be easier ^_^
and also, not so technical (though I understand that there are many technicalities prior to 0.7 version )
good job mate

going to give this a go

43 thanks, 44 posts
AWESOME

on another note, i just restored store.vol , after syncing live account
do i need to backup and restore the pimindex? i just need my SMS's
Primary: HTC EVO3D GSM HBOOT 1.49.0007 S-OFF
ROM: Johnnyslt CM11 (20 June 2014)
Radio: 11.77.3504.00P

CID: HTC__044
CPU: 384-1180mhz (Interactive)
Kernel: KSM OFF, NOOP

SD Card: Sandisk 4x 32GB

Secondary: HTC HD2 HSPL 2.08
ROM: WP7.8 PDAIMATEJAM v8.9
Radio: 2.15.50

Soft Radio: 5.51
CPU: 998mhz

SD Card: Sandisk 4x 16GB

THANK POSTS ARE TEMPORARY, THANKS BUTTON IS PERMANENT

lordmago
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Unhappy Numbers don't add up after backup

Hello all

Yesterday I made backup of store.vol and pimindex.vol with 0.6 version, because I wanted to install different custom rom (from NewTech 8107 22L TU to Dynamics7 v1.0 8107, for HTC 7 Pro). Then I made backup in my pc using Wp7EasyBackup.

I installed ROM, new 0.7 version and all other application using Reinstaller (this imply I set up my Wi-Fi connection and Live account to download from marketplace).
Then I restored files backup in my pc with Wp7EasyBackup.
I started SMSBackup V0.7 to restore store.vol and pimindex.vol and most recent sms I found was 19/02/2012!!! and yesterday was 10/03/2012...
Did anyone experienced something like this??

konker
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmago View Post
Hello all
I installed ROM, new 0.7 version and all other application using Reinstaller (this imply I set up my Wi-Fi connection and Live account to download from marketplace).
Then I restored files backup in my pc with Wp7EasyBackup.
I started SMSBackup V0.7 to restore store.vol and pimindex.vol and most recent sms I found was 19/02/2012!!! and yesterday was 10/03/2012...
Did anyone experienced something like this??
Are you sure you can use Wp7EasyBackup to restore your ROM backup to a new ROM? I use the same utility but not across different ROM. I cannot comment on the date/time stamp though. I successfully restored the Store.vol & PimIndex.vol from my HD7 to my Samsung Focus (v.1.3) & the date/time stamp was preserved. Only issue I observed was the SMS did not associate with the contact database thus I was not able to view my contact's SMS from within the contact...but this is expected.
My Devices: Thinkpad T410 Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Core i7-2.67GHz 500Gb 7200rpm HDD, 4Gb DDRIII-1067 RAM; Motorola Atrix 4G Stock ROM; Thinkpad Tablet 32Gb + 3G Stock ICS

andreacorti
Old
Thanks Meter 79

DONATE TO ME
I have a problem.. it worked correctly 'till some weeks ago.. then.. I opened it and "error copying messages" or "import failed no sms to import"... also manualy refreshing.

I have an Omnia 7 interop unlock on 8107.
I'm able to copy manually with WP7 root tools the store.vol or the commsbackup file.. but sms backup doesn't work anymore...

Tags
backup, export, short message, smsbackup