Ice Cream Sandwich

OP Theshawty

29th February 2012, 01:30 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshawty

It's not really necessary to have a repartitioned hboot for ICS because it can still fit on the stock partition. BUT! Doing so will leave you with such low internal memory for installing apps, that it's generally no idea to leave it at that.

Surly it is far easier to to do this and just install apps to SD?

I have this version of MIUI installed and there is approx 100mb left over for apps - this is typically enough for my essential needs - any others you can just put on the sd card?

The issue is that installing the blackrose thing and then installing one of the ICS roms that use it (texas) is quite complicated - and there are no instruction for the entire process - that also explain the more advanced functions to do this.

Hopefully i'm wrong and someone can point me in the right direction for this?

How hard would it be to release a non blackrose version of a rom (say texas) as well as the usual one - like the aforementioned miui rom?

D
29th February 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #42  
Thanks Meter: 17

95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannytomlinson

Surly it is far easier to to do this and just install apps to SD?

I have this version of MIUI installed and there is approx 100mb left over for apps - this is typically enough for my essential needs - any others you can just put on the sd card?

The issue is that installing the blackrose thing and then installing one of the ICS roms that use it (texas) is quite complicated - and there are no instruction for the entire process - that also explain the more advanced functions to do this.

Hopefully i'm wrong and someone can point me in the right direction for this?

How hard would it be to release a non blackrose version of a rom (say texas) as well as the usual one - like the aforementioned miui rom?

D

There was a non blackrose Medroid ICS build but people didn't care too much about it so it got discontinued. IMHO it just doesn't make sense.
Blackrose is no rocket science and it's quite safe if you read a bit before flashing. You can change the nand layout later on so that you can use old roms without wasting nand space. The instructions are in the blackrose thread.
29th February 2012, 05:47 PM   |  #43  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommes_Schranke

There was a non blackrose Medroid ICS build but people didn't care too much about it so it got discontinued. IMHO it just doesn't make sense.
Blackrose is no rocket science and it's quite safe if you read a bit before flashing. You can change the nand layout later on so that you can use old roms without wasting nand space. The instructions are in the blackrose thread.

Can you point me in the direction of a good tutorial for blackrose to installing the roms - is it just like flashing a normal rom once the partitioning is complete?

D
1st March 2012, 10:25 PM   |  #44  
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 12

190 posts
More
Check it here...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1270589

Its pretty simple.. just follow the instructions carefully..
9th March 2012, 11:12 PM   |  #45  
Flag buenos aires
Thanks Meter: 56

350 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmike21

Texasice's ICS is doing pretty well on my N1 right now..

yes pretty and stable,so it have several bugs.
10th March 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #46  
Flag Atlanta

11 posts
More
I think some day Nexus One will get full functionality of ICS. I have MIUI on my N1 but still have problems with A2SD. I hope to have ICS on phone soon because it's great!
12th March 2012, 12:36 AM   |  #47  
Flag Barcelona

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzordzyk

I hope to have ICS on phone soon because it's great!

As said, we already have a couple of pretty nice ICS roms, TexasIce here and MedroidMod here.

They actually have all the functionality of ICS, including HWA but with some minor bugs, check the threads for more info.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread