FORUMS

ZenFone 2 Lolliflash and ZenPower Giveaway!

We recently did an in-depth review of the Asus Zenfone 2 but one of the things people may … more

OnePlus 2 Forums: Discuss Everything About The OP2!

Now that the OnePlus 2 has been officially unveiled and that we have had close-up … more

Intel & Micron Announce “Revolutionary” Storage Tech

Intel & Micron have announced 3D Xpoint technology—”the … more

Google Now Interfaces With Third-Party Messaging Apps

Google has announced that Ok Google voice commands can now be used to send … more

Bodhi Linux

1,245 posts
Thanks Meter: 859
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Anyone hear about the Bodhi linux port and are running it?

http://forums.bodhilinux.com/index.p...7-hp-touchpad/

webOS Nation how to: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3275313
 
 
10th March 2012, 04:41 AM |#2  
JeffHoogland's Avatar
Member
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
The port has all the hardware functionality any Linux distro has on the touchpad - but the GUI is more touch-optimized than most others you will find.

If we can get audio and full 3D working under a mainline kernel Bodhi will be awesome on this little guy

~Jeff
10th March 2012, 06:54 AM |#3  
Nburnes's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 859
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHoogland

The port has all the hardware functionality any Linux distro has on the touchpad - but the GUI is more touch-optimized than most others you will find.

If we can get audio and full 3D working under a mainline kernel Bodhi will be awesome on this little guy

~Jeff

I assume it uses the E17 "tablet" profile for the GUI?

P.S you're in Bloomington, I'm about 2hrs north in Kankakee.
10th March 2012, 10:40 AM |#4  
JeffHoogland's Avatar
Member
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nburnes

I assume it uses the E17 "tablet" profile for the GUI?

P.S you're in Bloomington, I'm about 2hrs north in Kankakee.

It uses Bodhi's "tablet" profile which is based loosely on E17's Illume - but it has been a bit finer tuned over the last year.

I drive past Kankakee every time I go back to Chicago to visit family xD

~Jeff
10th March 2012, 12:13 PM |#5  
Nburnes's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 859
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffHoogland

It uses Bodhi's "tablet" profile which is based loosely on E17's Illume - but it has been a bit finer tuned over the last year.

I drive past Kankakee every time I go back to Chicago to visit family xD

~Jeff

Are there any pictures of said OS running on said device? This is all rather interesting to me. Sure Arch/Ubuntu/Debian are all nifty, but a more touch intuitive OS sounds like more fun.
11th March 2012, 06:44 AM |#6  
JeffHoogland's Avatar
Member
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
I haven't had time to do videos/images of the touch pad personally running Bodhi yet.

There are plenty of Youtube videos of our tablet profile running on everything from the Dell Duo to an ArchOS Gen8 tablet though.

~Jeff
11th March 2012, 07:42 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Which do you think is the best: Ubuntu, ARM, or this one?

I currently use Ubuntu.
11th March 2012, 08:17 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 226
 
Donate to Me
More
Can someone post screenshots of how this looks on the tablet?
11th March 2012, 08:35 PM |#9  
JeffHoogland's Avatar
Member
Flag Bloomington, IL
Thanks Meter: 21
 
Donate to Me
More
Heres a demo video of the tablet profile - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qMTCXPybH4

It's running on a Dell Duo - but it works the same on the Touchpad.

~Jeff
The Following User Says Thank You to JeffHoogland For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes