Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 45,256 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO]Unlocking method for "file not found" problem

Tip us?

Tickie
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I really have a locked one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowsa2511 View Post
Before we start, ROOT access, along with the "usb debugging" to be enabled on your phone for this unlock to be successful. Your phone must be connected to the computer.

UPDATE:One-click unlock for PC & MAC Created: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=761751

The first step requires ADB which is a console that comes with the Android SDK, and is located in the C:\ Drive.

You can create a easy script to access adb by creating a text file and copying the following information:

Code:
Select Code
@echo off
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\Tools
adb devices
pause
adb shell
NOTE: The android sdk must be in the C:\ drive for the script to work, and you can rename the "android-sdk-windows" to something else if you have an alternate name for your android sdk folder.

name the script ADB, and rename the .txt extension to .bat (enable view hidden file extensions in folder options) and run it for quick, and easy access to adb.

Now that problem is solved, lets get on to extracting the actual file from the internal sd card, to your computer for the purpose of extracting the unlock code.

Run adb.bat to open up adb, or any other method you might use and you should see a cmd promt with A list of the devices attached along with your device.

Press any key, and you should see a $ -----> type "su" (without the quotation marks) and press [ENTER]. If your device has already granted "su" or Superuser permissions to your desktop adb console, then you should see a # now you type
the following:

cat /efs/nv_data.bin >> /sdcard/nv_data.bin

press [ENTER] and you should see a repetition of the command you just typed with the difference being that the "#" is not before it, but under it.

You have successfully transferred the file to your internal sd card!

Now to transferring the file that we will obtain the unlock code, to the computer to extract said code.

On your phone (while still connected to the computer) you must mount the USB storage to extract the file off the internal SD card, (to do this drag the notification bar down while connected, and click the "usb connected" button, which will prompt a pop up for "Mount" and "Don't Mount", we'll be mounting the sd card to extract the file)

now check "my computer" and look for the storage disk of the internal sd card for your phone (not the external!)

then move the "nv_data.bin" file to your C:\ drive

Now you need to download the "sgux.exe" unlock code finder, you can find it at the following:

http://www.mediafire.com/?js8dgn3nic5asb0 or http://www.multiupload.com/2IAYWWGF8A

after downloading the file from either mirror (the media fire one is zipped, which means you need to extract it) you need to move the sgux.exe file to your C:\

Now onto the last step:eek:btaining the Code!

after having both the sgux.exe, and nv_data.bin file in the C:\ drive

Run your command promt (run>cmd or if you have a "windows key" press the windows key+r) in the command prompt type "cd C:\" (without the quotation marks) then sgux.exe nv_data.bin and voila the proccess should generate your own 8-digit unlock code!!

Now give yourself a pat on the back for your hard work ;P

NOTE: Below I have attached the "adb.bat script, and the sgux.exe" files in zips, for those who want to download it directly from here.
Here is what I get in my reply... can you help with this ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What I get for code.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	473984  

telnet777
Old
Thanks Meter 38
mark this thread

Sent from my U8500 using XDA