5,598,086 Members 41,502 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MyTouch 4G stuck on boot loop, s-on

Tip us?

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 931
As already mentioned, and I'll stress it: you DON'T need to move to FASTBOOT section of the bootloader. The auto-update is done on HBOOT section.

Format your SD card while it's connected to PC with card reader.
Put the file on SD card - it should be the only existing file. Name it correctly. If you don't have extensions showing in your OS - name it PD15IMG and not PD15IMG.ZIP. If you don't know - try once with and once without the .ZIP in the name.
Put the card in your phone.
Boot with VolDown+Power.
It should ask you for update.
If it doesn't - it means you can't follow the guides because you keep misunderstanding something, so give the phone back to your friend and advise him to take it to someone who can.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Glacier (MyTouch 4G / Panache) Wiki
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]
[MOD]NoClock for Sense ROMs
[MOD] Change WiFi hostname

[MOD]Gallery3D with high-res patch, for stock and HTC cameras

safdarhp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_R1 View Post
As already mentioned, and I'll stress it: you DON'T need to move to FASTBOOT section of the bootloader. The auto-update is done on HBOOT section.

Format your SD card while it's connected to PC with card reader.
Put the file on SD card - it should be the only existing file. Name it correctly. If you don't have extensions showing in your OS - name it PD15IMG and not PD15IMG.ZIP. If you don't know - try once with and once without the .ZIP in the name.
Put the card in your phone.
Boot with VolDown+Power.
It should ask you for update.
If it doesn't - it means you can't follow the guides because you keep misunderstanding something, so give the phone back to your friend and advise him to take it to someone who can.
Like I have said before, I have tried that. It isn't working. I have tried it with all the kinds of .zip files via the link provided earlier, but still the phone won't read it. I do the "volume down + power key" combo and it takes me to the hboot screen. It's not doing anything else.

If there is any other method of restoring the phone, please help. Maybe there is something wrong with the SD card reader? Is that problem common in MyTouch 4G?

safdarhp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnote74 View Post
Try one of these pd15IMG files they will work. http://www.4shared.com/folder/xDsyJF52/_online.html

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
Thanks for the link. Tried with all .zip files, no luck

The phone isn't reading the file. "S-on" means no superuser permissions right? Is that why I can't get the phone to read the .zip file?

coupetastic-droid
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by safdarhp View Post
Thanks for the link. Tried with all .zip files, no luck

The phone isn't reading the file. "S-on" means no superuser permissions right? Is that why I can't get the phone to read the .zip file?
then you're definitely putting the zip in the wrong place. You're putting the zip in a folder that's already in the sdcard and not on the actual sdcard itself.

safdarhp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupetastic-droid View Post
then you're definitely putting the zip in the wrong place. You're putting the zip in a folder that's already in the sdcard and not on the actual sdcard itself.
No no, it's definitely not in any folder, since there was no folder after I had formatted the card. It was just in the card, and the name was PD15IMG.zip (with extensions enabled).

safdarhp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Please someone, help me. I am still stuck here I have tried all the methods told so far, and followed them to the dot. However, I still don't have any luck. MyTouch 4G is still stuck on the "MyTouch 4G" screen boot-loop, and all I can do is get it into the hboot mode, however that has proven of no help so far.

Someone please tell me what's going on. Getting desperate now

coupetastic-droid
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
No no, it's definitely not in any folder, since there was no folder after I had formatted the card. It was just in the card, and the name was PD15IMG.zip (with extensions enabled).
That's probably why then. The extensions being enabled. Make sure the pd15img only has one .zip and not .zip.zip. the extension might be adding another .zip after the first .zip

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 931
Quote:
In that case, use another SD card, download PD15IMG again and verify its MD5SUM.

If you think you did everything correctly and your HBOOT won't load anything and won't prompt you for update ("Do you want to update? VolDown-yes, VolUp-no", something like that) - read the last part of my previous post.
Wiki on this forum exists for a reason. PLEASE READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

[Lockscreen MOD] Trackball/trackpad wake-sleep toggle for Sense ROMs - [Nexus One], [MyTouch 4G]

...Awesome...
Old
Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7224

DONATE TO ME
Lets go back to the beginning:
1: do u know what version your pphone had?
2 do u know if u got the upgrade
3: if ur phone had the upgrade and has current version u can't CANT load the file thru hboot YOU CANT!!!
4: You have to forcefully use Adb-Fastboot to downgrade install froyo 2.2.1 to gain temp root then root or just use it to downgrade and install the current version after you are able to boot up your phone

Sent from my ...Awesome... device XDA

Jack_R1
Old
Thanks Meter 931
He can't "forcefully use" anything, because he has no OS.
And no matter what his current OS is, the bootloader will STILL ASK FOR UPDATE, just notify that it fails, when it checks the ZIP. And in this case he can try to run Panache RUU.
Nexus One Wiki
Nexus One FAQ.

Tags
bootloop, htc, mytouch 4g, s-on, tmobile