Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Part2---NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis---ROMS and more

OP JDfense

9th March 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #551  
stevemp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Palatka
Thanks Meter: 307
 
752 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Twk pm install script
#!/system/bin/busybox sh
# Install any addon .apks that need "real" installation.
#
# Todo: Automatically find and loop through any .apks rather than
# hard coded like now. Also, investigate if we can make "pm" terminate
# gracefully rather than just forking and waiting "for a while"
#
# /Twk
#

if [ -f /system/.twk ]; then
if [ -f /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk ]; then
/system/bin/busybox sleep 30
/system/bin/busybox echo "`/system/bin/busybox date` Beginning apk installation..." > /data/twk-install.log
while [ ! -f /data/app/com.magicandroidapps.betterterm.apk ]
do
/system/bin/busybox sh -c "/system/bin/pm install /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk" >> /data/twk-install.log 2>&1 &
/sbin/busybox sleep 20
done
/sbin/busybox sleep 20
/sbin/busybox mount -o "rw,errors=continue,data=ordered,noatime,remou nt" /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
rm /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk
/sbin/busybox mount -o "ro,remount" /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
fi
/sbin/busybox echo "`/system/bin/busybox date` Installation complete," >> /data/twk-install.log
fi

Twk copies system to an ext3 partition, so may not work on aufs.
twk.m7-series.007-beta4-jit-N3.img> http://www.mediafire.com/?z5j39n41gvv79uz
Modified to work on Next3.
stevemp
Last edited by stevemp; 9th March 2012 at 04:40 AM. Reason: link
9th March 2012, 08:45 AM   |  #552  
Member
Flag Zwolle
Thanks Meter: 23
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemp

#!/system/bin/busybox sh
# Install any addon .apks that need "real" installation.
#
# Todo: Automatically find and loop through any .apks rather than
# hard coded like now. Also, investigate if we can make "pm" terminate
# gracefully rather than just forking and waiting "for a while"
#
# /Twk
#

if [ -f /system/.twk ]; then
if [ -f /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk ]; then
/system/bin/busybox sleep 30
/system/bin/busybox echo "`/system/bin/busybox date` Beginning apk installation..." > /data/twk-install.log
while [ ! -f /data/app/com.magicandroidapps.betterterm.apk ]
do
/system/bin/busybox sh -c "/system/bin/pm install /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk" >> /data/twk-install.log 2>&1 &
/sbin/busybox sleep 20
done
/sbin/busybox sleep 20
/sbin/busybox mount -o "rw,errors=continue,data=ordered,noatime,remou nt" /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
rm /system/twkdata/Betterterm.apk
/sbin/busybox mount -o "ro,remount" /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
fi
/sbin/busybox echo "`/system/bin/busybox date` Installation complete," >> /data/twk-install.log
fi

Twk copies system to an ext3 partition, so may not work on aufs.
twk.m7-series.007-beta4-jit-N3.img> http://www.mediafire.com/?z5j39n41gvv79uz
Modified to work on Next3.
stevemp

The system copying of ro cramfs to ext3 rw system is an old trick which I used some roms ago and I think you got it also in your roms. I still don't see an added benefit for a completely rw system partition. It also brings security issues and reflashing issues if you use the RK2818 reflash method (which reminds of the gingerbread recovery.img. I'm getting old I think)

I'm impressed though the way twk tweaked the rom. He does a lot of extra things in the init.rk28board.rc. Really something to use from now on (proudly stolen elsewhere as the saying goes).
His standard unix redirecting / error catching for the pm install is something I should have used myself
Thanks for sharing this with us!
9th March 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #553  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
market bewilderment
so, my NEXT3 adventures continue.

I've got another NEXT 3 that I've flashed for a friend. I get the gmail account associated and then I run the market and that's were my troubles begin.

The market will work on all the roms I've tested, my problem is that he market selection is nil.

The free games section show 2 games for download and that's it.

Is there something I'm missing here?
10th March 2012, 02:06 AM   |  #554  
DaremoS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 70
 
484 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Angry sysinit
I was checking if this Supercharger really work as it should, and I found out that we have had a problem in my rom from some time ago.

Probably is the reason for this disgusting issue of USB Mass Storage screen. BTW the solution provided by surfer63 AKA hvdwolf (froyo adbd) still have such problem.

In system/bin in some moment disappear the module sysinit. So the following instruction is never executed

Code:
# Run sysinit
    exec /system/bin/sysinit

    class_start default


Maybe that's why is needed to execute a reboot to activate above mentioned screen.

Let me know if the issue is solved adding enclosed file in mentioned directory.

God bless you all (Pope Marcial maciel)
Attached Files
File Type: rar sysinit.rar - [Click for QR Code] (170 Bytes, 4 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to DaremoS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 08:23 AM   |  #555  
Recognized Developer
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 125
 
865 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Donate to Me
More
can anyone make "Draw Something apk" work on anyof the roms :P
I get an error... does not support SW rendering or HW ...
10th March 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #556  
JDfense's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Wiesbaden
Thanks Meter: 128
 
916 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsoe

so, my NEXT3 adventures continue.

I've got another NEXT 3 that I've flashed for a friend. I get the gmail account associated and then I run the market and that's were my troubles begin.

The market will work on all the roms I've tested, my problem is that he market selection is nil.

The free games section show 2 games for download and that's it.

Is there something I'm missing here?

I don't know which roms you mean, I have seen this problem sometimes.
1. update some apk over the market except fileexpert app or
2. delete data cash from framework and stop file, then delete cash from market an stop too,

finally reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDfense For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 09:12 AM   |  #557  
Member
Flag Zwolle
Thanks Meter: 23
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaremoS

I was checking if this Supercharger really work as it should, and I found out that we have had a problem in my rom from some time ago.

Probably is the reason for this disgusting issue of USB Mass Storage screen. BTW the solution provided by surfer63 AKA hvdwolf (froyo adbd) still have such problem.

In system/bin in some moment disappear the module sysinit. So the following instruction is never executed

Code:
# Run sysinit
    exec /system/bin/sysinit

    class_start default


Maybe that's why is needed to execute a reboot to activate above mentioned screen.

Let me know if the issue is solved adding enclosed file in mentioned directory.

God bless you all (Pope Marcial maciel)

Hmm, Are you sure? In all my Archos roms starting from eclair, but also froyo and the gingerbread/cyanogenmods, this sysinit binary is missing.What's more: my init.rk28board.rc doesn't contain this command set and I found out that not one single Archos/Arnova rom (eclair/froyo/GB) contained this binary or command set in the init.rk28board.rc. USB mass storage on the other hand always worked in eclair and froyo.
My trick to use the froyo adbd in (CM7) GB always works for me: no reboots or whatever necessary. Did you use the adbd from one of your own tablet froyos?

Never the less: If your solution works for others than that's nice.
10th March 2012, 12:47 PM   |  #558  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Red face
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer63

Hmm, Are you sure? In all my Archos roms starting from eclair, but also froyo and the gingerbread/cyanogenmods, this sysinit binary is missing.What's more: my init.rk28board.rc doesn't contain this command set and I found out that not one single Archos/Arnova rom (eclair/froyo/GB) contained this binary or command set in the init.rk28board.rc. USB mass storage on the other hand always worked in eclair and froyo.
My trick to use the froyo adbd in (CM7) GB always works for me: no reboots or whatever necessary. Did you use the adbd from one of your own tablet froyos?

Never the less: If your solution works for others than that's nice.

I'm guilty of that has disappeared sysint (I removed it) haha ...
I removed it because I did not see utility, now has utility for new scripts.
A greeting!
10th March 2012, 02:18 PM   |  #559  
Member
Flag Zwolle
Thanks Meter: 23
 
87 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsoe

so, my NEXT3 adventures continue.

I've got another NEXT 3 that I've flashed for a friend. I get the gmail account associated and then I run the market and that's were my troubles begin.

The market will work on all the roms I've tested, my problem is that he market selection is nil.

The free games section show 2 games for download and that's it.

Is there something I'm missing here?

Yes, you are missing something here.
Use the by now world known market fix:
  • [1] start the market and wait till everything is synched. (wait for the sync icon to disappear in the status bar).
    [2] go to settings->applications.
    [3] Clear the cache of the Market, not the data! Then stop the Market.
    [4] Clear the data of the Google Framework Services. Then stop the Google Framework Services.
    [5] reboot immediately and go to Market, it should now fully work.
When you are too fast (not synced completely) you sometimes have to repeat step 3,4,5.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart_crafter

o wow it was that easy :eek: grr
i hope chmod copies the ownership also...
thanksss

No it doesn't. chmod changes the file/folder attributes.
chown changes the owner:group attributes.
The Following User Says Thank You to surfer63 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th March 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #560  
DaremoS's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 70
 
484 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer63

Hmm, Are you sure? In all my Archos roms starting from eclair, but also froyo and the gingerbread/cyanogenmods, this sysinit binary is missing.What's more: my init.rk28board.rc doesn't contain this command set and I found out that not one single Archos/Arnova rom (eclair/froyo/GB) contained this binary or command set in the init.rk28board.rc. USB mass storage on the other hand always worked in eclair and froyo.
My trick to use the froyo adbd in (CM7) GB always works for me: no reboots or whatever necessary. Did you use the adbd from one of your own tablet froyos?

Never the less: If your solution works for others than that's nice.

I'm not sure there is such instruction in init.rc so I insert back the binary (from last fun_image).
BTW such instruction is present in your rom: I've been using it for comparisons in my 7" RK2818.

I load your rom in the tablet and it work fine... but... the damn issue of elusive USB Mass Storage is still present.

Was very nice to find your rom for comparisons in my 7" tablet.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
rk2818
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes