Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,935 Members 52,568 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][1.6+] Link2SD

Tip us?

youngsta2010
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kierrok View Post
You can't have both scripts. All your apps and dalvik-cache already are in the SD card because of a2sd. You have to move them back to internal memory and then you can do what you want with Link2SD.
You have to tell it to move them it doesn't do it on it's own. I also moved them back first and like I said link2sd is working fine it was just the mount warning but recreating the mount script seems to have fixed that. Can you explain why deleting the a2sd script (04dtapp) from init.d link2sd would reboot the phone on install and mess up my apps?

bsoplinger
Old
Thanks Meter 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by azcv View Post
Move Copilot's data with root explorer.This is the only solution for now.
Where can you move it to? And what else must you do so that CoPilot will see the moved data?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk

Kierrok
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsta2010 View Post
You have to tell it to move them it doesn't do it on it's own. I also moved them back first and like I said link2sd is working fine it was just the mount warning but recreating the mount script seems to have fixed that. Can you explain why deleting the a2sd script (04dtapp) from init.d link2sd would reboot the phone on install and mess up my apps?
I don't know why it reboots, but it messes the apps because, like I said before, they are all in the SD card and when you delete the script the phone can't find the apps anymore.

Read this post to see how to move all the stuff back to internal memory. You will need a terminal emulator or adb shell.

youngsta2010
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
I don't know why it reboots, but it messes the apps because, like I said before, they are all in the SD card and when you delete the script the phone can't find the apps anymore.

Read this post to see how to move all the stuff back to internal memory. You will need a terminal emulator or adb shell.
I already did that, they were not on the SD card! I said I moved them back first!

rence1234
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Default help

will it delete the content of my sdcard when i make a partition?

azcv
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsoplinger View Post
Where can you move it to? And what else must you do so that CoPilot will see the moved data?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P512 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk
With root explorer(latest version) move the folder /data/data/com.alk.copilot to a newly created folder in /data/sdext2(your second partition).For example/data/sdext2/moved.Then long tap on com.alk.copilot folder and from the popup menu select "link to this folder".Then go back to /data/data and press create link.Thats all.When you update copilot you dont have to do anything.When you want to uninstal copilot first delete the symlink from /data/data and then the folder from /data/sdext2.Finaly you can uninstall copilot normaly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to azcv For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kierrok
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngsta2010 View Post
I already did that, they were not on the SD card! I said I moved them back first!
Sorry. My diagonal reading sometimes fails.

Did you reboot after moving everything back? AFAIK the a2sd script at boot time moves everything to SD if it finds the stuff in internal memory.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kierrok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

azcv
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rence1234 View Post
will it delete the content of my sdcard when i make a partition?
It depends of the way you will create the patrtition.
If you resize your fat parition first and then create the new one on the non-allocated space the content of your sd card will remain.
But if you delete the partition and then create new two partitions everything will be deleted.
Sometimes it is not possible to resize the fat partition.

bakpinar
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by inzikmafia View Post
Link2SD is the BEST app ever!!!

[Q]:about Galaxy Wonder having problem with Link2SD
Phone: Samsung Galaxy Wonder (GT-I8150)

What i already know: i know how to use Link2SD with my OLD Galaxy Mini!
1. partition SD with 2 primary parts 1 FAT32 and 2nd Ext2 for extension!
2. plug into unit and install Link2SD and it will automatically read the 1st partition as SD Card and the 2nd Partition as SD Card 2nd Part.

now i bought a new phone Samsung Galaxy Wonder WHICH HAS A BUILT IN 1.70GB USB Storage.. (THIS IS MY PROBLEM using Link2SD)

now my problem is how do i fix this...
i partitioned my 16GB SD Cards into 1st Partition 30GB(fat32) and 2nd Partition 2GB(ext2)

BUT WHEN I PLUG IT IN Galaxy Wonder and RUN LINK2SD, Link2SD Reads the 1.7GB built-in phone USB Storage as the SD Card and 2nd partition 2GB(ext2) from the actual SD Card as it should be...

instead of reading the 1st partition of the actual SD card which is 30GB AS THE SD CARD!! hayyyy help....

Reason i need to fix this..
When i install HD games into my Galaxy Wonder WHICH NEEDS a 450MB "PATCH" (Ex. GTAIII 10th Anniversary) it automatically goes into the 1st partition SD CARD... so i need Link2SD to read the 14GB from my SD Card to be the actual SD Card read instead of the Built-in 1.7GB USB Storage of the phone..

coz when i LINK programs it only transfers the apk, dex (dalvik-cache) and lib into the 2nd Partition.. but the "450MB Patch will stay on the 1st partition...

So How do i MAKE LINK2SD read my 30GB 1st partition from the SD Card "AS THE SD CARD" and not the 1.7GB built-in USB Stroage of the Phone

Thank you very much and God bless!!!

PS.
may i make an upgrade suggestion??
is it possible to make an OPTION to choose which storage will the Link2SD recognize as the 1st partition??
coz my phone has 3 types of storage...
1. 1GB internal memory
2. 1.7GB Built in USB Storage
3. 30GB 1st & 2GB 2nd partition of my 32 GB SD CARD

so my phone selects the "1.7GB Built in USB Storage" as the default SD CARD and the 2nd partiton of my SD Card as the 2nd Partition..

sir Bakpinar is it possible can we make an option that the Link2SD program ask the user which will it recognize as 1st partition?

coz if i set the Link2SD the default installation path to "External" in Galaxy Wonder, it goes into the 1.7GB Build in USB Storage and not in the 1st partition of the SD Card...

Another suggestion if it is possible sir can we not only Link the "apk, dex (dalvik-cache) and lib" files of an application but also the "PATCH" Files that are being downloaded for some HD Games or programs? Example. "GTA3 10th Anniversary"?? it would really be a complete SUPER AWSOME app of all time if there 2 suggestion would be granted ^_^
Can you post the output of the following commands

mount
cat /proc/partitions
cat /sys/block/mmcblk0/device/type
cat /sys/block/mmcblk1/device/type
cat /sys/block/mmcblk2/device/type
cat /sys/block/mmcblk3/device/type

youngsta2010
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Sorry. My diagonal reading sometimes fails.

Did you reboot after moving everything back? AFAIK the a2sd script at boot time moves everything to SD if it finds the stuff in internal memory.
I did yes, I checked /system/sd, which is the sd-ext on my phone, after and it was empty so I then deleted the dta2sd script, rebooted and attempted to install link2sd. The thing is it's working fine all the apps I've moved are in /system/sd and the ones I haven't moved are in /data/app. Thanks for the help anyway I'm just going to leave it as is for now.

Tags
link2sd, link2sd issues