CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Battery Charged in 30 Seconds? Maybe in 2016

Phones and tablets are getting more and more power hungry with each passing generation. Their … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Beats Audio and xLoud mod

OP Gadgetz

9th March 2012, 10:20 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 40

130 posts
Tried this tweak last week and it's great. My highs have come alive and it sounds much cleaner.
10th March 2012, 02:28 AM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 10

109 posts
More
So how does the mod affect the Motorola stock equalizer?
I'm assuming the beats audio is only effective in the My Music app? So do I have to disable the "Effects" in settings to hear the Beats Audio? Or should I switch that to custom?
10th March 2012, 08:16 AM   |  #13  
Flag Ct,Eastern
Thanks Meter: 190

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
This work well seems crisper...... Did notice if the bass is overpowering the mids and lows go to sound settings and un-tick enable audio effects..... For me with headphones will set effects enabled effects profile custom surround ambient eq bass punch WOW!!!!!
Last edited by hankbizzo5; 10th March 2012 at 08:18 AM.
10th March 2012, 04:36 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 495

2,289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iarejohnsmith

I'm assuming the beats audio is only effective in the My Music app? So do I have to disable the "Effects" in settings to hear the Beats Audio? Or should I switch that to custom?

Nope, it's not only in My Music, I use PowerAmp and it works perfectly
10th March 2012, 09:24 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 10

109 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 916x10

Nope, it's not only in My Music, I use PowerAmp and it works perfectly

wait, so, it works by default, and all the additional effects are additional? but my system sounds are not any louder than they were before, which other people seem to be reporting
11th March 2012, 05:26 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 495

2,289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iarejohnsmith

wait, so, it works by default, and all the additional effects are additional? but my system sounds are not any louder than they were before, which other people seem to be reporting

Mine are....I have had to turn all my volumes down since installing this mod. I haven't done any critical listening since I don't use my phone like that anyway, I was just hoping for louder system sounds and that's exactly what I got. The Beats is just an added bonus.
11th March 2012, 06:45 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 164

788 posts
Ok are we supposed to download the one that says older zip files test301.zip or the allandroidzip.zip that looks to be the newest?

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
11th March 2012, 06:47 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 12

89 posts
Awesome
Works great thanks! Sounds a lot better ican tell right away
11th March 2012, 10:03 AM   |  #19  
Recognized Contributor
Flag CA
Thanks Meter: 3,167

1,948 posts
Donate to Me
More
So im sorry but I did this. And to be honest it didn't sound better at all. In fact I think it was worse everyone keeps saying stuff like wow... what a difference. But I hear worse clarity, more bass but... im a musician and so sounds I hear more clearly maybe than most but Idk.... anyways like I said im not trying to be rude.
11th March 2012, 01:20 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 164

788 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliberate

So im sorry but I did this. And to be honest it didn't sound better at all. In fact I think it was worse everyone keeps saying stuff like wow... what a difference. But I hear worse clarity, more bass but... im a musician and so sounds I hear more clearly maybe than most but Idk.... anyways like I said im not trying to be rude.

Yea these are some of the same complaints I've heard about the actual beats headphones because they're made really for more hip hop songs and not a wide range of music the highs are where those headphones usually suffer IMO

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread