OP droidstyle

9th March 2012, 04:57 PM   |  #121  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 1,362

1,312 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroLozen

Also, does Glitch need to be reflashed after ROM and GAPPS?

I think so, yes. Here's what I'd recommend:

flash rom and glitch in same recovery session
reboot into the rom, let it do some stuff
reboot back into recovery, flash gapps, reboot the rom

continue restoring whatever accounts and settings have vanished.

That's what I did and I has up and running pretty quick.
The Following User Says Thank You to ssewk2x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th March 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #122  
Thanks Meter: 20

443 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingcheetah

With the latest Glitch kernel...its better than CM7...in my opinion...

it is still in the earlier stages..not as customizable and tweak-able as CM7 ..just yet...But definitely a daily driver..at least for me..

There are some known issues....lock screen wallpaper doesn't work yet... some report some issues with wifi....I haven't had any major problems..actually incredibly stable...SMS works fine..MMS should work..I don't use it..so can't comment on it..

In general..most people find EC09 better..as they tend to get better speeds out of it...but mileage varies when it comes to radios...EH03...on my phone..in my service area...results in a stronger signal(reported anyway)...but less speed...

Superclean...isn't that a Touchwiz based rom....?...

You loose some stability/reliability going to MTD based roms from touchwiz....because touchwiz is designed specifically for the phone....going to other roms based on something else..it is a given that things may not be as smooth or reliable an experience..expect some bugs and hiccups...If you absolutely NEED your phone to work and function properly everytime use it..stick with touchwiz roms....if u want bleading edge and bragging rights with running the new stuff..then flash away....just do your homework and read thoroughly...

Touchwiz isn't smooth at all (well Touchwiz 3.0). It's also a huge memory hog, and isn't quite as stable as native android.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
9th March 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #123  
Flag NY State
Thanks Meter: 3

93 posts
More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssewk2x

I think so, yes. Here's what I'd recommend:

flash rom and glitch in same recovery session
reboot into the rom, let it do some stuff
reboot back into recovery, flash gapps, reboot the rom

continue restoring whatever accounts and settings have vanished.

That's what I did and I has up and running pretty quick.

Sounds good. Let you know how things go.
10th March 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #124  
Flag Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 11

53 posts
More
Calendar won't sync on Milestone 4. Came from Build 27. Wiped cache & dalvik. Do I need to wipe data? Is everyone using 3/4 gapps with MS4? Thanks!

edit: answered in Development Thread.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA
Last edited by pdubsfc; 10th March 2012 at 09:53 PM.
11th March 2012, 01:36 AM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 32

472 posts
More
Is there a device changelog for AOKP? Curious about the Fascinate specific bugs
11th March 2012, 04:51 AM   |  #126  
Flag West Palm Beach
Thanks Meter: 3,909

1,616 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroEdge

Is there a device changelog for AOKP? Curious about the Fascinate specific bugs

Bottom of the op

Sent from my glitched aokp unicorn.
11th March 2012, 04:43 PM   |  #127  
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Anyone experience a focus problem (takes a sec or two to focus) when scrolling web pages.
Using m4 with stock kernel and now glitch.
Otherwise a great rom
Last edited by pfindeis; 11th March 2012 at 04:51 PM.
11th March 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #128  
Thanks Meter: 32

472 posts
More
On THS 6.5 I would drop data and it would not return until I rebooted. This occurred to me today on AOKP Milestone 4. Now on Build 6.5 I suspected that it had something to do with being in no signal areas for a duration (parking garage etc). However, it happened today on AOKP in a decently covered area. It has never happened while I was using the phone, and would sometimes return after signal was reacquired.

So I am at a loss when I need to logcat. This bug would seem to coincide with possible the RIL fixes or maybe the MMS patches. Note that this never happened to me after I returned to THS 6.0 and I would wager on whatever AOKP predates any 6.5 inclusions.

As usual, when I make these posts I want to remind those involved in development that I appreciate your work.
12th March 2012, 02:22 AM   |  #129  
Thanks Meter: 432

2,353 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingcheetah

Good luck...

Also...if u use ur phone as a music player..I recommend installing DSP Manager....it is an awesome EQ app...I get amazing sound quality...deep slamming bass...clear mids and highs....

DSP Manager for ICS (flash in recovery): HERE

Wow, thanks a bunch for posting this, it was the only thing keeping me on CM9! I tried a few different things to get it working myself, but apparently missed some system files (after poking around the zip). Just out of curiosity, where did you find this?
12th March 2012, 02:36 AM   |  #130  
Flag Pridelands
Thanks Meter: 49

760 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_nivesout

Wow, thanks a bunch for posting this, it was the only thing keeping me on CM9! I tried a few different things to get it working myself, but apparently missed some system files (after poking around the zip). Just out of curiosity, where did you find this?

Google...my friend..

First thing I wanted to make sure that there was a DSP manager that would work in ICS...since I use my phone as my primary music player....and that app is AMAZING....btw..did u mean "keeping me on CM7"...not CM9..??

I believe I got linked to the thread by this page: http://androidspin.com/2012/02/13/do...ream-sandwich/

Not sure if this is the newest version...but it works....the "newest version" that is in that thread is on page 2...not the one in the OP...the one I linked to is the one I am using..and..(as far I as I can tell) is the latest version out there...at the moment..

The Following User Says Thank You to speedingcheetah For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread