Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,799 Members 49,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Considering to buy a Razr..

Tip us?

romdroid.
Old
(Last edited by romdroid.; 10th March 2012 at 01:40 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Really starting to doubt this and I dont know if to return the phone or not. The main problem is the bootloader, will it be unlocked with official ICS update or not? Motorola as always does not come with information and kholk (awesome man) is working to unlock the bootloader but it takes time and I understand that, and we don't know in theory how it works or if it will work. anyone else in the same situation?

still haven't bought any case or screen protection. Also from what I understand there is few Motorola phones with unlocked bootloaders (Atrix, Milestone the only two?)

I think I will return the phone and buy it again if the bootloader get unlocked with the ICS update (or with kholk). You really can't sit and wait with a 750$ phone to get the bootloader unlocked..
Samsung Galaxy Note II 4G - Stock JB rooted

Semseddin
Old
Thanks Meter 305
I was in the same boat like you. I sold mine and bought an atrix. It's a pity to wait for motorola to unlock bootloader.

Jamalleelee
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by romdroid. View Post
Hello

I am atm considering to buy Motorola Razr. I really don't know why but the design appeals. Just wondering how many people have problem with: The screen (very yellowish colour, is that true?), sim-card losing connection, headphone jack stop working etc. I can buy the Razr brand new for 615$ (without contract) is it worth? Previously owner of: SGS, ZTE Blade and HTC Desire Z. Horrible build quality on these phones imo. I know the Razr have pentile but does it really matther? My brother owns an SGS atm, I think SGS I9000 also have pentile but I never noticed it. Any suggestions? please feel free to comment
I have only had a issue with my headphone jack. I took it back and they gave me a new phone. But I have the Razr Maxx. I think the hardware is all the same though except for the battery of course. Sucks you can't get the maxx though. :/

romdroid.
Old
(Last edited by romdroid.; 10th March 2012 at 06:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semseddin View Post
I was in the same boat like you. I sold mine and bought an atrix. It's a pity to wait for motorola to unlock bootloader.
Yes I decided to return it, it's a pity really because the build quality is one of the best i've seen. Maybe I'll buy one again if the bootloader gets unlocked and we see more roms. The only Motorola device I will own untill they unlock ALL the bootloaders for phones is the Xoom.