Focus i917 AT&T USA and i917R ROGERS CANADA RETAIL ROMs

Search This thread

thegod2012

Jul 22, 2010
Coachella ca
Sadly for you, you have a hardware issue.
You shouldn't give up easy. I personally have a 10" 4.0.3 ICS android tablet, but it's nowhere near WP7 in any terms.
As for the phone, if it doesn't boot up I doubt they'll be able to see anything ;)
Good luck!

yeah my last resort will be to use a riff box still debating though rather to save for the focus s will see

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
I've also mirrored them in my MediaFire Share, but due to MediaFire restrictions, I've had to break them into two parts ea. Download both parts, then run the first part to extract (the first part has my SuperSport icon ;)).

Trying out the downloads, I'm getting 1.4MB download speeds.

MediaFire Link Samsung Driver Included also

Last edited:

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Lost in Europe :)
will this help if i can still get to download mode

I'm not sure what your ask is. If you can get into download mode, you can flash either of these AT&T/Rogers roms. If you can't get into download mode, you need a USB jig to put your phone in download mode and that's a few bucks on eBay.

LE: I've been reading your posts here and here, it seems that you might have some defective memory in your phone. If you can put the phone in download mode, this is something you definitely should try. The executable contains the flasher too, and for a mini-guide on flashing, read here.
Does Zune see your phone? If it does and you have a backup, you could try to restore there too.
Last resort, you could ask in the DFT thread
Good luck mate.

Last edited:

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
if you need to know what is a USB jig, look below.

Last edited:

thegod2012

Jul 22, 2010
Coachella ca
actually it work out but i just cant figure out how i cant root/unlock this phone but that aside this is really a life saver thanks the first time i tried rooting this device

rajindder

Sep 6, 2009
help please

I am getting error code 80090002 while updating to mango , flash with original at&t rom , using zune 4.8, pls help?

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008
Try updating on another computer or read here (quote):
delete the content of Windows Phone Update folder in AppData on Win7 it's stored under your account (C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update)
- try to update again (make sure you are using genuine device USB cable that was included with the device)

Last edited:

superkid.net

Apr 7, 2011
Try updating on another computer or read here (quote):
delete the content of Windows Phone Update folder in AppData on Win7 it's stored under your account (C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Phone Update)
- try to update again (make sure you are using genuine device USB cable that was included with the device)

Thread refresh:
Links in the first post no longer work. Working links are here or see previous page for Mediafire links (thanks to SuperSport).

Hey i have tried all the above but im getting same error on zune 4.8 while updating to mango! and custom roms are giving me a lot of reboots and are buggy! is there any cab sender file through which i can get mango update? thanks

svtfmook

Aug 14, 2007
is there a mirror for these roms? it just keeps taking me to some hollywood internet beef.

EnderPsp

Apr 6, 2008

_SGY

Apr 26, 2012
Hi there,

I am trying to solve an issue with my friends Samsung Focus i917 which went to boot loop post he tried to upgrade his firmware and accidently disconnected the cable... post that phone does not boot at all.. I have tried to flash it using your stock rom but still the Samsung logo flashes for a second and then goes off and on again...

Here is the log that is generated when tried to flash..

Open Phone image at : C:\Users\Desktop\Samsung\signed_phone_Cetus_ATT.bin
Open Eboot image at : C:\Users\Desktop\Samsung\signed_eboot_Cetus_ATT.eb0
Open PDA image at : C:\Users\Desktop\Samsung\signed_pda_Cetus_ATT.nb0
Open CSC image at : C:\Users\Desktop\Samsung\signed_CSC_Cetus_ATT_i917ATTJK2.csc
Detect COM5 Port
[Channel 0] Confirm Model Name
[Channel 0] FLASH UNLOCK
[Channel 0] FLASH UNLOCK Success!!!
[Channel 0] Send Partition Table
[Channel 0] Partition Table is correct
[Channel 0] Erase APPSBL Region
[Channel 0] Write APPSBL Data
[Channel 0] APPSBL Download Success!!
[Channel 0] Erase CSC Region
[Channel 0] Write CSC Data
[Channel 0] CSC Download Success!!
[Channel 0] Erase PDA Region
[Channel 0] Write PDA Data
[Channel 0] PDA Download Success!!
[Channel 0] FLASH LOCK

So for a noob like me I assume it completed successfully but still no joy as far as the phone is concerned..

Please help!!

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Hi there,

I am trying to solve an issue with my friends Samsung Focus i917 which went to boot loop post he tried to upgrade his firmware and accidently disconnected the cable... post that phone does not boot at all.. I have tried to flash it using your stock rom but still the Samsung logo flashes for a second and then goes off and on again...
Others will know better than me, but that sounds like the error that happens when you try to flash the wrong ROM to your phone. ie: Version 1.3 to a v1.4, or v1.4 to a v1.3. You will find your Version number under the battery on the sticker inside. You HAVE to flash the correct version, or it can brick your phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

so i was FINALLY able to manage them! you was waiting so long for them?
    first really Retail ROMs for Focus i917 and i917R

Enjoy them!

signed by WP7_PRODUCT (1.3 HW):

Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK2 AT&T USA

Samsung i917R Focus firmware UXJL2 ROGERS CANADA

signed by WP7_PRODUCT_4K (1.4 HW):

Samsung i917 Focus firmware UCJK3 ATT USA 4K

Happy Flashing
    These roms bring your phone basically back to factory with os version 7004. Its useful if you have a focus in demo mode or just wanna downgrade to 7004 to do the chevron unlock and upgrade. But to answer youre question, in order for the program to see your phone, you have to put ur phone in download mode.
    Turn off phone, hold camera, volume up, n power then connect to pc. Make sure you have samsung drivers installed. If you have windows vista or 7, if drivers are not there it will automatically install from windows update.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Just found your answer after I finished flashing my focus and want to give a little tutorial for people who don't know how to do it. But thanks anyway :)

And yes, I bought my focus from ebay, already updated in 7390, but I want to unlock my device. Have been struggling since yesterday, searching here and there. Now I can sleep tight :)

How to flash your focus !! said:
    To wrap it up :

1. Download Samsung USB Driver (Windows 7 can't find it for me) and install it.
    http : //mirror.batteryboss.org/SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

2. Unplug your device (if it's plugged).

3. Put your focus in download mode (I found this from Omnia forum), as astaccz already stated, press Volume UP + Camera + Power button, then after you see Exclamation Mark inside Yellow Triangle, release the button.

4. After the driver installed, Run the application (I use the 7.21 version) then load all of the files needed. (nb0, bin, etc)

5. Plug your device !! The Start button will be clickable now !!

6. Press start, and enjoy the flashing progress.

7. Wait until you get the Getting Started screen.

8. Enjoy !!!

Original Omnia 7 flashing guide here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=973420
    Hello, how can I flash my phone using this firmware ??? The "Start" button always disabled (greyed out).

Is this only for developer unlocked device ??

My phone is Samsung Focus rev 1.3 in 7390 Update (zune said it's already updated to latest version, but someone here said there's may update 7392)

These roms bring your phone basically back to factory with os version 7004. Its useful if you have a focus in demo mode or just wanna downgrade to 7004 to do the chevron unlock and upgrade. But to answer youre question, in order for the program to see your phone, you have to put ur phone in download mode.
    Turn off phone, hold camera, volume up, n power then connect to pc. Make sure you have samsung drivers installed. If you have windows vista or 7, if drivers are not there it will automatically install from windows update.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
    I've been waiting for this for a long time. My replacement phone came with 7390 installed, so I was locked out. Now, I've flashed this 7004 ROM, Unlocked, Updated, and am currently running 7390 UNLOCKED. Very much appreciated. :D

Be sure to browse for all the file parts in the Flash Program, then be sure to select ALL the check boxes. Next, put your phone into DOWNLOAD mode (Volume UP, Power, Camera) and then start the flash. See the attached images. Of course your files will be in slightly different locations.