Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,216 Members 53,457 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CM7 8GB &16GB Compatible Beta for the Nook Tablet.., Updated 7th July to Beta

Tip us?

kingchris90
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Working very nicely.

Thank you for all your efforts, having video playback back is great.

I had to manualy download Google Play (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1535071) as the market in the GAPPS zip was not working for me, and did not auto upgrade to Play.

Aleq
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Just a note, that Android Market was automatically updated to Play for me. I just installed the final Alpha and flashed recommended Gapps.

The ROM is running well, I love it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA
[GUIDE][JB4.2+]Backup/Restore app data of all Multi-User Accounts in Jelly Bean 4.2+
My enhanced/fixed version of Sztupy's ADB FileSystem plugin for Total Commander
CM9+ BatteryMod Theme Holo2

SGS4 (i9505) - Google Edition ROM
Nexus 10 - Stock KitKat
SGS2 (i9100) - CM10.1
B&N naNOOK Tablet - CM10.2

GeekyMaestro
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks to Celtic and others for your encouragement to move forward with this build and install it on my device. Things worked out just fine (had to do a bit of searching on how to install CWM Recovery) and I'm up and running with the latest internal build.

Frankly there are fewer bugs than the results I got using Indirects root with Home Catcher and more apps function correctly. Good job!

I'm guessing the hardware accelerated video only works with the internal video player and not things like MXVideo Player that I use to watch networked shared videos from my desktop via ES File Browser. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

In all, excellent job. It's great to have the microphone actually work in apps like Dolphin Browser HD. You can finally do a voice serach!

I would encourage everyone to install this and check out the troubleshooting section if you run into problems.

Pete1612
Old
Thanks Meter 35
awesome work with the Alpha final. I've recorgnized that you removed the reboot into recovery function when you press the power key and choose to reboot your deivce. was that on purpose or is it just becuase of the upgrade to CM7.2 ?

bocaccio
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Is there any way I can get the B&N reader on this rom to be the way it is on the stock os? That is my only complaint on this rom. I have it backed up w cwm waiting to restore it. Not all that crazy over the other roms.
download dj mixes and check out my dance music radio

CelticWebSolutions
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2,021

DONATE TO ME
This is a development thread and is not for questions and bug repoerts.

Please go HERE instead
If I've helped you out, no need to post saying thanks. Just click the button to thank me.

Thank you for your donations, They'll be used towards buying another device to play with

If you'd like to donate to Team-B (Thatís Myself and Goncezilla)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CelticWebSolutions For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bocaccio
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticWebSolutions View Post
This is a development thread and is not for questions and bug repoerts.

Please go HERE instead
Apologies; can you delete my post? I put it in the appropriate place now.
download dj mixes and check out my dance music radio

TheBigBentley
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wow fantastic!

This is working so good I'm loading it on my wife's now as well!
Wi-Fi issues while sleeping seem completely fixed and hardware acceleration works perfect with Hulu+, Netflix, YouTube HD videos and everything else I have thrown at it!

Thank you so much for the hard work guys! This is the whole reason I bought Nooks! Thanks again!

Redman247
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDvr View Post
How to copy system files into "system" partition (ext4) in Windows 7:

This is kinda advanced, be warned...
The whole idea is that I found ext4fsd driver/software that allows Windows to work with ext4 partitions. Thing is, partition has to be primary and, apparently, the first one on the drive. So, "boot" has to be temporarily removed to get access to "system".

Here's the break-down:

Download and install ext4fsd (free online).
Reboot your PC, it installs a driver for Win7-Ext4 interaction
Using MiniTool Partition Wizard, remove the "boot" partition (keep the space unallocated), so that the first actual partition on the SD is system.
Make system partition primary.

Launch Ext2 Volume Manager (may be in your systray)
Tools - Refresh and reload
Find your Linux partition in the list below.

Double click it.
Click Mount Points
Click Add...

Click OK.
You'll see that letter appear in the list. Click Done, then Exit.
Browse to that drive. Driver *should* allow you to use that ext4 partition as regular FAT32 or-what-have-you drive, converting everything to ext4 as needed to preserve the format.
Copy whatever you need to the system partition.
GO back to MiniTool, re-create the original boot partition.

This is as far as I got. Thought I'd post this.
If someone has an easier way to copy stuff to ext4 in Windows, please post a guide below, we could all use it.
In looking at this I seemed to recall something in the far reaches of my memories that allowed a person from an X86 Windows platform to not only make partitions through Disk Management, but also to mount those partitions with drive letters.

Quote:
By modifying the included INF file the filter driver can be used with any other 'removable' drive.
For the device detection there are the lines in section [cfadisk_device]:

[cfadisk_device]
%Microdrive_devdesc% = cfadisk_install,IDE\DiskIBM-DSCM-11000__________________________SC2IC801

"IDE\DiskIBM-DSCM-11000__________________________SC2IC801" is the device ID of one of the supported Microdrives.
In analogy to these lines we add one line for each 'removable' USB drive we want to turn into an USB hard drive. The information is located in subkeys of the Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Enum\USBST OR. The name of the USB stick can be found by clicking on the [+] sign in front of the key. All USB devices should be listed there. The name of the USB stick can be copied by left-clicking the subkey, right-clicking afterwards and selecting Copy Key Name from the context menu.

Sample:
USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_LEXAR&PROD_JUMPDRIVE&REV_1.30\K32 6441127040&0
We need the Bold part:

[cfadisk_device]
%Microdrive_devdesc% = cfadisk_install,USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_LEXAR&PROD_JUMPDR IVE&REV_1.30

In the device manager again right-click the USB drive, "Update driver...", then "No, not this time" -> Next -> "Install from a list or..." -> Next -> "Don't search." -> Next -> "Have Disk" -> browse to the INF file here. Now "Hitachi Microdrive" should be in the list -> Next -> Confirm the two warnings -> Finish.
Now the drive is re-detected, actually as USB hard drive. The drive can be partitioned, the policy "Optimize for performance" indeed activates a write cache on FAT formatted drives and Windows will create the beloved folder "System Volume Information"
Sources:
ubcd4win.com (Can't post full URL's yet, sorry!)
I did modify the information a bit since it was speaking to WinXP at the time. I can validate that it still works on Windows 7 32 bit, it will not work on Windows 64 bit systems. Also, you will have to do the whole process again if you want to see the partitions on another system.

kenblat
Old
Thanks Meter 33
Dear Mr. CelticWebSolutions,

Pls kindly help update changelog for the Alpha final realease!

Hopefully that we will have hardware decoding WORKING on this final as well!

BR.