Hard Brick Qualcomm HS-USB Qdloader 9008

Search This thread

Tynen

Aug 17, 2009
Kirkland, WA
I hard bricked my Galaxy S II but when I take the battery out hold both volume buttons and plug into USB I can get my computer to recognize it was a "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" Device

Odin can see the phone but it can't flash any roms it won't get past "
<ID:0/003> SetupConnection.."

Is there any hope?

Reactions: jesselmary

death1246

Jan 24, 2010
Florida
I hard bricked my Galaxy S II but when I take the battery out hold both volume buttons and plug into USB I can get my computer to recognize it was a "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" Device

Is there any hope?

how the hell did you manage that?

jordanishere

Sep 13, 2011
Where are people finding these pit files??

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

thats what im trying to figure out. there are not pit files posted anywhere in the t989 section.... must be something from another samsung phone like the vibrant.

did other popular samsung devices gain cwm thru .pit files? ours uses a .tar file.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Teo032

Apr 6, 2011
California
thats what im trying to figure out. there are not pit files posted anywhere in the t989 section.... must be something from another samsung phone like the vibrant.

did other popular samsung devices gain cwm thru .pit files? ours uses a .tar file.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Yeah, from what i read the older models did use a pit file... But i don't remember seeing any for our model

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Tynen

Aug 17, 2009
Kirkland, WA
I've had a vibrant since it came out and every time you odined the Vibrant you needed a pit file. I had a pit in the odin directory and I wasn't really thinking and used it... *facepalm*

In hindsight it was a very stupid thing to do, but my softkeys weren't working and I was frantically trying to figure out what was going on...

syale

Nov 26, 2007
Katy TX
Mobile Tech Videos unbricked my device. I believe it was the first one they did. The service was excellent. I put my faith in them even when no solution existed and they stepped up to bat. Communication was awesome. I would recommend the service to anyone. If amyone was going to fix it they were... and did!

Reactions: connexion2005

Tynen

Aug 17, 2009
Kirkland, WA
Mobile Tech Videos unbricked my device. I believe it was the first one they did. The service was excellent. I put my faith in them even when no solution existed and they stepped up to bat. Communication was awesome. I would recommend the service to anyone. If amyone was going to fix it they were... and did!

I sent my phone to them, I'm waiting to get it back.

SkOrPn

Jun 3, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
www.planetamd64.com
All of a sudden in the last few weeks I've had several emails asking me if a JIG will fix this exact error.

Looks like we need someone to try a JIG on their device with this error message.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

I can repair both your brick and the soft keys if you need it done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Hey bud please let me know if I can send peeps your way. I keep getting emails asking me who does JTAG on the SGSII lol or if my JIG will fix there phone... Id rather just refer peeps to someone who can JTAG instead of trying to guess if a JIG will fix this situation or not.

I'm sending a JIG today to a customer with this exact error message to let me know if it works or not. Thanks

blackerwater

Apr 17, 2007
Seattle
If you download the stock rom from (can't remember site but password is sampro.pl) it comes with a pit file. That's what bricks the phone. Don't use it

Reactions: cashmonkey

weasel5i2

May 8, 2008
Austin Texas
@connexion2005, I have the same problem with my T989. I (stupidly) attempted to flash Siyah kernel on it, CWM said everything went okay, but afterwards the phone never booted up again, just appears as a raw Qualcomm device. Been looking for someone who can do JTAG in the Austin area. I would be happy to bring it by (or send it to you) if you can resurrect it for me.

Alternately, I'm wondering if it's possible to software unbrick one of these, but I can't seem to get my hands on a copy of MPRG8660.HEX to use with QPST. I keep downloading ZTE firmware images but despite all of the mentions of this file, none of them seem to contain it. I still have access to a working T989. Can someone post or PM me this file, by chance?

This site gives me hope: http://www.anyclub.org/2012/05/how-to-generate-8660msimagembn.html

EDIT: Found a copy of the programming hex file and put it on my server: MPRG8660.HEX - can't wait to get home and try it out with QPST!! For the record, it was located in the ZTE firmware package known as "VDF_ES_V11AV1.0.0B07.zip".

Now I'm trying to track down a copy of QPST 2.7.369 or higher.

--W5i2

Last edited:

frescoraja

May 30, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If you still need a copy of qpst, let me know. i have 2.7.xxx and i think i have qpst 3.x or something like that.
i hard bricked my t989 a couple nights ago using teamwin recovery. i have jtagged embedded systems before, but not a cell phone. would not know what to flash, where to flash it, and what program to use. i could never get qpst to recognize my phone (listed as qualcomm qhusb_dload or whatever) or the COM port it was using.

what does that HEX file do?

thanks
frescoraja

kangelov

Mar 31, 2012
QPST 2.7.374! Haven't tried it yet though.

http://weasel.net/QPST_2.7.374.zip

The HEX files contain special bootloader code (I think) which allows QPST to speak to specific types of hardware. I may be mistaken on this, though. :)

--W5i2

weasel,

Would you please be kind enough and explain what you did to get your phone back from the dead? I just hardbricked my phone using Odin (I know, I know) and am trying to bring it back from the dead. My phone is in the special Qualcomm download mode (not to be confused with the Samsung one) and would not power on.

Thanks in advance!

Any updates on this. I borked a loaner T989 trying to flash a ROM I later realized was meant for i9100. Note-to-self: ALWAYS SEARCH FOR ROMS BY MFG's PRODUCT CODE, NOT MOBILE OPERATOR'S PRODUCT NAME.

Current status: A Windows 7 (x64) system detects the T989 Qualcomm HS-USB device and the correct drivers are installed. Odin detects the device on the COM port, but hangs on any flashing attempts at the "SetupConnection" step. "Download Mode" doesn't seem to be accessible by any button-pressing, head-patting, belly-rubbing methods i've tried. In 7 years of flashing hundreds of ROMs on dozens of devices this is the first potentially fatal hard-brick i've done.

Any tips or pointers for self-repair would be appreciated. Otherwise I'll send it for 3rd party JTAG. . .

kangelov

Mar 31, 2012
What you describe sounds painfully familiar. I spent a lot of time trying to bring my phone back from the phone heaven. Unsuccessfully. Phone was dead. Ultimately I sent it in for repair as it was still under warranty. It came back with a new logic board and relocked to its original carrier.

Problem you have is not how to flash it back to life, problem is what to flash. Your bootloader is dead and you need it recovered. This is what JTAG does. There was a reference in the thread to somebody being able to do that. I talked to him and he said he charges $50 for it, if I remember correctly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can you post the links of the drivers QHSUSB_DLOAD ...please..:fingers-crossed:

here you go
    I can repair both your brick and the soft keys if you need it done.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    @connexion2005, I have the same problem with my T989. I (stupidly) attempted to flash Siyah kernel on it, CWM said everything went okay, but afterwards the phone never booted up again, just appears as a raw Qualcomm device. Been looking for someone who can do JTAG in the Austin area. I would be happy to bring it by (or send it to you) if you can resurrect it for me.

Alternately, I'm wondering if it's possible to software unbrick one of these, but I can't seem to get my hands on a copy of MPRG8660.HEX to use with QPST. I keep downloading ZTE firmware images but despite all of the mentions of this file, none of them seem to contain it. I still have access to a working T989. Can someone post or PM me this file, by chance?

This site gives me hope: http://www.anyclub.org/2012/05/how-to-generate-8660msimagembn.html

EDIT: Found a copy of the programming hex file and put it on my server: MPRG8660.HEX - can't wait to get home and try it out with QPST!! For the record, it was located in the ZTE firmware package known as "VDF_ES_V11AV1.0.0B07.zip".

Now I'm trying to track down a copy of QPST 2.7.369 or higher.

--W5i2

Is there any hope?
    I put a .pit in odin

u might need one of these little guys to hopefully unbrick your phone.. it might just get you back into download mode.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526600