FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

Razr Maxx Battery Life

30 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By BrettXNA, Member on 9th March 2012, 01:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Had my Razr Maxx for two days and was wondering if this was good battery life.
Battery is at 70 per Battery Indicator Pro.
16 hours on battery - took off charger when I got up at 4:30 am.

Cell stand by 29% - time on 16 hours - no signal 20%.
Display 18% - 1 hr 50 mins.
Voice Calls 15% - 19 mins.
Android OS 13% - 30 mins.
Phone Idle 7% - 15 hrs.
Android System 6% - 11 mins.
Bluetooth was on 11.5 hrs.
Am running Galaxy Live Wallpaper.
Used Fresh Network when I got to work at 6 am.
CDMA only.
No GPS.
Had sim card removed while playing with another phone for an hour.
Had WiFi on for an hour.
Have a Smart Action to disable cellular data setup.
Am also syncing two gmail accounts.
Last edited by BrettXNA; 9th March 2012 at 01:55 AM.
 
 
9th March 2012, 03:25 AM |#2  
flashman2002's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Derby/Wichita Kansas
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
If you're at 70% with 16 hours that should tell you its good.

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk
9th March 2012, 03:54 AM |#3  
lucidvtec's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 49
 
More
I got this with a reg razr



Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA
9th March 2012, 04:31 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidvtec

I got this with a reg razr
Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA

I don't believe it.
10th March 2012, 04:36 PM |#5  
Junior Member
Flag Gahanna
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettXNA

Had my Razr Maxx for two days and was wondering if this was good battery life.
Battery is at 70 per Battery Indicator Pro.
16 hours on battery - took off charger when I got up at 4:30 am.

Cell stand by 29% - time on 16 hours - no signal 20%.
Display 18% - 1 hr 50 mins.
Voice Calls 15% - 19 mins.
Android OS 13% - 30 mins.
Phone Idle 7% - 15 hrs.
Android System 6% - 11 mins.
Bluetooth was on 11.5 hrs.
Am running Galaxy Live Wallpaper.
Used Fresh Network when I got to work at 6 am.
CDMA only.
No GPS.
Had sim card removed while playing with another phone for an hour.
Had WiFi on for an hour.
Have a Smart Action to disable cellular data setup.
Am also syncing two gmail accounts.

That's insanely good. I'm such a heavy user my battery barely makes it through the day.
10th March 2012, 08:03 PM |#6  
Junior Member
Flag Clark, NJ
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I got my Razr MAXX yesterday, fully charged it overnight. Woke up at 6am, battery was at 100%. It's 3:00pm now, and the battery is at 50%. Been using the phone quite a bit today, but don't think this is what I paid $300 for! Plaese tell me if I'm wrong...
10th March 2012, 10:36 PM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Battery break in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ari-nj

I got my Razr MAXX yesterday, fully charged it overnight. Woke up at 6am, battery was at 100%. It's 3:00pm now, and the battery is at 50%. Been using the phone quite a bit today, but don't think this is what I paid $300 for! Plaese tell me if I'm wrong...

The reason you are having less than expected battery life is because the battery isn't conditioned yet. Best way to do it is to charge it to 100% before using the first time. Then you discharge it as much as possible by using the flashlight all the time, turn on Bluetooth and GPS, wifi, etc. Then completely charge it. Do this for about a week and your battery life should get quite a bit better. Had to do it with both my stock battery and extended one for my Epic 4G Touch. Made all the difference in the world. The batteries do not come pre-conditioned from the manufacturer. Your mileage may vary though...

-Lil'Ross88-
11th March 2012, 01:27 AM |#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Actually don't do the above it doesn't help and if you do it too much you will hurt the battery. Also new Li-Ion batteries are conditioned when you get them. Keep it charged, keep the phone cool never hot, and never let the battery stay completely discharged.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx
11th March 2012, 03:04 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLongeCarabine

Actually don't do the above it doesn't help and if you do it too much you will hurt the battery. Also new Li-Ion batteries are conditioned when you get them. Keep it charged, keep the phone cool never hot, and never let the battery stay completely discharged.

Sent my new Droid Razr Maxx

If that is the case with Li-Ion batteries, then why did the manufacture say to do that as part of the conditioning process? Not meaning to be rude about it but conditioning a battery, Li-Ion or not, Is good for people that use the hell out of their phones. Same goes with car batteries. I aint saying to do it all the time with a cell phone but the first week aint going to mess it up. It is actually better on Li-Ion batteries to do complete cycles than partial. Do your research for yourself and see.

Also, my co-worker had an E4GT, with an extended battery like mine. I did the conditioning process that I described and that was recommended by the battery's MFG. My battery lasted almost TWO days. His would last about 18 hours off the charger. Proof is in the pudding.
Last edited by lilross88; 11th March 2012 at 03:09 AM.
11th March 2012, 03:10 AM |#10  
POQbum's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
Guys.. keep using your phone and let it cycle through normal charges for about a week. You should have better battery life. Android takes a while to learn where to stop your battery, and it often will undercharge it during the first few cycles.
The Following User Says Thank You to POQbum For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes