HX4700 WM6.1 ROMs

Search This thread

chapito

May 12, 2007
ROM PhamQuang HP4700 WM6.1 ROM v26 - Build 19591.1.1.6

There is a new verion of ROM PhamQuang HP4700 WM6.1 ROM v26 - Build 19591.1.1.6. :)
I have not tested it yet. Continuing with the ROM Kozhura. :confused:
I believe the version of Kozhura is the most stable of ROM `s of WM6.1 I installed until this day.
A greeting.

Note: Sorry for my English, I'm using an automatic translator

elparra72

Aug 13, 2007
Madrid
There is a new verion of ROM PhamQuang HP4700 WM6.1 ROM v26 - Build 19591.1.1.6. :)
I have not tested it yet. Continuing with the ROM Kozhura. :confused:
I believe the version of Kozhura is the most stable of ROM `s of WM6.1 I installed until this day.
A greeting.

Note: Sorry for my English, I'm using an automatic translator
Hi Chapito,

Please,can you shared the link?. Thanks a lot in advance.

Edit1: I found it ;-)

http://www.pdaviet.net/showthread.php?t=27980

I don't understand why v25 use [CE OS 5.2.19915 Build 19915.1.2.0] and v26 use [CE OS 5.2.19591 Build 19591.1.1.6] if v25 looks like newer core than v26

Last edited:

sanjay1951

May 21, 2007
Toronto!
Are these new cores really any better than the others just a few weeks old?

TBH, I don't notice much difference...

I don't believe there is any significant difference - at least I have not seen any noticeable performance increases. However this is an observation only. I've not run any formal benchmarks.

Regards,
Sanjay

lhasistos

Mar 6, 2008
Hello
Can something explain me ( shortly) differeces betwenn Agasys 1710 and new versions from Kozura 6. 1 , PhamQuang HP4700 ... the only issue that I have with 1710 rom is ( i dont know if its a rom trouble) when I receive new mails in Outlook the old ones dont show me anymore , goes to messaging folder (in CF card) , i can read anymore . I try all settings posibilities , show all mesagges , from the past 7 days ..etc.
Thanks at all people thats make this possible

Regards

grayme

Oct 3, 2006
Hertfordshire
Hello
Can something explain me ( shortly) differeces betwenn Agasys 1710 and new versions from Kozura 6. 1 , PhamQuang HP4700 ... the only issue that I have with 1710 rom is ( i dont know if its a rom trouble) when I receive new mails in Outlook the old ones dont show me anymore , goes to messaging folder (in CF card) , i can read anymore . I try all settings posibilities , show all mesagges , from the past 7 days ..etc.
Thanks at all people thats make this possible

Regards

Are you using gmail?

lhasistos

Mar 6, 2008
Hello
No , Im not using Gmail with OUTLOOK , I only use with my internet pop 3 provider account , for gmail account Im use netfront browser or opera mini
Thank you for yours response , can you tell me something about?

Regards

Linus_18

Dec 23, 2007
issues with kozhura 6.1 mod. ramses v.1a

fast battery drain issue, so i turned back to phamquang old version, though this has less free ram.

Mr Joshua

I don't believe there is any significant difference - at least I have not seen any noticeable performance increases. However this is an observation only. I've not run any formal benchmarks.

Regards,
Sanjay

i'll hazard a guess of it being a driver compatibility issue? it's possible that the older core was found to be more stable with the drivers, etc. that were being used?
i'll give it a go and see what shakes loose..
all i get when extracting the nbf is
! C:\Documents and Settings\k1\Desktop\HP4700_2.08.26_B19591.7z: CRC failed in HP4700_2.08.26_B19591\nk.nbf. The file is corrupt
! C:\Documents and Settings\k1\Desktop\HP4700_2.08.26_B19591.7z: Error - operation failed

Last edited:

sanjay1951

May 21, 2007
Toronto!
i'll hazard a guess of it being a driver compatibility issue? it's possible that the older core was found to be more stable with the drivers, etc. that were being used?
i'll give it a go and see what shakes loose..
all i get when extracting the nbf is

Thank you for taking the time to do some tests. The files have a password without which you will see the errors you saw. The password to uncompress them is: PhamQuang.

Hope this helps.

Sanjay

Mr Joshua

Thank you for taking the time to do some tests. The files have a password without which you will see the errors you saw. The password to uncompress them is: PhamQuang.

Hope this helps.

Sanjay

not a problem i've got all my software on an SD, and my job has alot of down time that i use to test all the roms and software posted on xda and other forums. i like testing them out, posting issues that i've found so they can be fixed, giving something back to the community. i kind of wish i had another hx4700 so i could test more than one rom or combination of software at once.. like the IRD issue, etc.. eventually i'll hopefully get to the point were i can actually fix some of the issues that crop up.

i entered the password in Vietnamese doh! :D

Edit:
i changed the initial 8MB pagepool file to a 4MB with Modpp.exe
and flashed PhamQuang's v26 rom to my 64Meg HX4700.
seems just as quick as all the other WM6.1 roms. also looks to have a custom boot screen.
it also has a few added programs. psShutXP, PHM Registry Editor, Synchro Time and USB HDD.
booted up fine after doing two hard resets just like all the other roms.
i'll post more after i've had some time to look at it fully.

Last edited:

grayme

Oct 3, 2006
Hertfordshire
Hello
No , Im not using Gmail with OUTLOOK , I only use with my internet pop 3 provider account , for gmail account Im use netfront browser or opera mini
Thank you for yours response , can you tell me something about?

Regards

Sorry I can't.

I use gmail, but I forward most gmails (not some exceptions) to my isp email account which I can access via pop on my hx4700.

sanjay1951

May 21, 2007
Toronto!
not a problem i've got all my software on an SD, and my job has alot of down time that i use to test all the roms and software posted on xda and other forums. i like testing them out, posting issues that i've found so they can be fixed, giving something back to the community. i kind of wish i had another hx4700 so i could test more than one rom or combination of software at once.. like the IRD issue, etc.. eventually i'll hopefully get to the point were i can actually fix some of the issues that crop up.

i entered the password in Vietnamese doh! :D

Edit:
i changed the initial 8MB pagepool file to a 4MB with Modpp.exe
and flashed PhamQuang's v26 rom to my 64Meg HX4700.
seems just as quick as all the other WM6.1 roms. also looks to have a custom boot screen.
it also has a few added programs. psShutXP, PHM Registry Editor, Synchro Time and USB HDD.
booted up fine after doing two hard resets just like all the other roms.
i'll post more after i've had some time to look at it fully.

PhamQuang does seem to like the custom screen and the other programs. I may share a clean version of this. But this takes time, so I would be interested in knowing if this ROM adds value over earlier versions in either performance or function.

Regards,
Sanjay

Mr Joshua

PhamQuang does seem to like the custom screen and the other programs. I may share a clean version of this. But this takes time, so I would be interested in knowing if this ROM adds value over earlier versions in either performance or function.

Regards,
Sanjay

the only thing it seems to be lacking so far is a good cleaning psShutXP is kind of pointless at least in my opinion.
it's missing Remote Desktop Connection which i use fairly frequently.
but i tested his rom for awhile yesterday and the wifi issues seemed to be resolved when compaired with kozhura's rom and it's mods. i'm not sure what he's done. but it's been rock stable for me so far.. i'll have to compair it with andy's new v1g to be sure..
i've just downloaded spb backup so i'll post up that data as well when i have time.
cheers
~J

engner

Jun 17, 2008

Regards,
Sanjay

I like this new ROM, very responsive. I feel that it's more stable (until now), than the previous version.
Acrobat Reader and other programs work well (this ROM contains .NET v3.5 not v2.0 like Kozhura's),
but I found two issues:
- I was unable to connect to my hidden WiFi AP using PWA-PSK TKIP
(problem solved with wzcsvc.dll found at post #545)
- Battery life was very poor with my brand new third party extended battery
(I tried different battery driver dll-s, but none of them worked. Then I installed "hx4700 MISC XIP_ENG.PPC300_2577.cab" file and after hard reset battery indicator worked properly, however responsiveness is much worse now)

Last edited:

Mr Joshua

when comparing phamquongs rom to andy's modded kozhura v1g rom
phamquong's is defiantly quicker. it doesn't require waiting for filesys.exe to catch up. however i can't seem to understand why it seems to randomly turn Bluetooth & WIFI off and on randomly. it seems to have the same issue as every other rom i've tested, once you configure a connection and try to connect w/ it. it fails and goes back to available re-connecting again sometimes fixes it but more than likely you'll have to turn wifi off and on.
it seems to recover quicker and more stable from resume than previous roms as well. i tried to run SPB Benchmark on it. i got to the opening pocket word document test and it went into a loop.. would only do 1/13 of that test. hrmm
the custom boot screen and included software was a nice touch, PHM registry editor, and the synchro time. but does anyone really use USB hdd ? and psShutXP? Remote Desktop is also missing but btphone is there? Cipchase2.exe is also absent from this rom, or doesn't start at all. could that be attributed to this roms seemingly increased speed?
heres the memory

Hx4700 64MB bare, bluetooth/wifi = off, CEOS WM6.1 PhamQuong v26
Storage
Total: 82.59MB
In use: 5.48MB
Free: 77.1MB

Program
Total: 58.31MB
In use: 28.91MB
Free: 29.40MB

seems to be a little more bulky than kozhura's with or without andys mods
would be nice to see some of the speed increases and changes made by PhamQuong implimented in andys modifications of Kozhura's rom.
or possibly even kozhura himself colaborating with phamquong.. might be benaficial to xda and the hx4700 community. wishes i suppose..
but for now i'll be flashing andy's v1g and testing that.

if anyone modify's phamquongs let me know and i'll retest it. also let me know which tests you'd like to see done with the roms. and i'll impliment them into my reviews so it'll give people an idea if it's worth it to them to try a new rom. also it would be nice if the people cooking the roms were to have a change log added into the rar file for the roms. so changes could be kept track of. :)
keep up the good work guys
looking forward to testing more roms.
~J

Puzom

Mar 28, 2006
@Mr Joshua

Hi,

Seems you have tested a lot of roms. Which rom you advise to a newbie as me? Running WM2003 SE 64MB ram PDA.

My most concern is to lose free memory, now hav 40 MB main memory and not sure if wm6.1 give me less.

Any idea when you have tested andy's v1g versione? Was about to flash that rom but rather wait as you testing now ;)

cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    maybe not... you can use from vista.... but i think you ave to do it from safe mode... there are several threads around about flashing from vista...

check out www.mobilitysite.com

there is a lot of info there and there is still a subforum for the 4700.... i used the same username there as i have here....