{ROM} Miui4eva update PROGRESS FOR MIUI!!!

11th March 2012, 12:52 AM   |  #21  
OP Senior Member
layton
Thanks Meter: 349

2,115 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatnight11

I get the feeling I was just trolled. After flashing this from Safestrap my phone booted into an MIUI splash screen and screamed Dubstep at me for a minute and a half. Still hasn't gotten past the splash.

Lol... make sure you follow op on correct system version and wiped everything first boot takes some tine 5 to 8 minutes.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
11th March 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 59

206 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfitz26

Lol... make sure you follow op on correct system version and wiped everything first boot takes some tine 5 to 8 minutes.

Yeah, it finally booted. (I got impatient and pulled battery twice after 5 minutes, but on the third time it eventually got there. What's it doing that takes so long?)

I just reformatted and updated to .902 stock and wanted to test Safestrap for the first time. I'm loving the experience so far.
11th March 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #23  
OP Senior Member
layton

2,115 posts
Donate to Me
More
First boot always takes some tine have you flashed a rom before...

The Following User Says Thank You to Bfitz26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2012, 04:51 AM   |  #24  

206 posts
Quote:

First boot always takes some tine have you flashed a rom before...

Yes, plenty. I don't think it's unreasonable to consider 8+ minute first boot times as worrisome. I was asking why does it take so long on first boot. What's it doing?
11th March 2012, 05:33 AM   |  #25  
OP Senior Member
layton

2,115 posts
Donate to Me
More
Well it goes through a number of things from writing the script-updater loading up the o.s. every miui flash I have ever done always takes time just cause of the rom I suppose... not sure I fully understand you question.. are you asking what takes place when a rom is flashing...???

11th March 2012, 05:34 AM   |  #26  

206 posts
Quote:

Well it goes through a number of things from writing the script-updater loading up the o.s. every miui flash I have ever done always takes time just cause of the rom I suppose... not sure I fully understand you question.. are you asking what takes place when a rom is flashing...???

I'm asking what takes so long with the first boot after flashing a ROM. I've noticed this throughout many ROMs.
11th March 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #27  
OP Senior Member
layton

2,115 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its basically the initial set up placing files in the neccary places.. running scripts etc.. and a number of diagnostics while booting. As far as exact termanolagy couldn't give you that as I am learning things like this as I go... might be a good q and a thread...

The Following User Says Thank You to Bfitz26 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th March 2012, 06:33 AM   |  #28  

206 posts
I'm getting "Your device isn't compatible with this item." messages for a good number of apps in the Market ('scuse me, Play Store.) Is there a particular Market fix you'd recommend?
11th March 2012, 07:57 AM   |  #29  
OP Senior Member
layton

2,115 posts
Donate to Me
More
What apps..??? I never had this problem..!

11th March 2012, 09:58 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 26

217 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickatnight11

I'm getting "Your device isn't compatible with this item." messages for a good number of apps in the Market ('scuse me, Play Store.) Is there a particular Market fix you'd recommend?

I actually had this exact problem. I flashed AXIOM to check it out, but realized that MIUI was my true home, so I flashed MIUI again after wiping everything of course. I then flashed gapps, but apparently I flashed the one meant for AXIOM by accident, and what I ended up with was both a fixed Market with all the apps I wanted, as well as a missing MIUI browser and the ICS Google Apps for like the camera, music, etc. instead of the MIUI gapps. So for me at least, a mistake actually fixed a problem I had. But if this works for you, it most likely will not give you MIUI icons for a few system Google apps (that apparently can't be altered within the ROM itself) and a missing MIUI browser; which to me was no big deal. I just downloaded ICS Browser+ from the Market and I love it. But just know that even theme changer won't change the look of those few apps if you try this. But for me, getting my Market to give me back the apps I wanted is more important than MIUI specific Google Apps. But maybe this problem can be addressed in the next update so we have a fully functional Market and themed MIUI icons. Either way......MIUI4eva!!

Sent from my XT875 using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to ratfinkstooley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development, droid bionic, miui, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread