Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ChitownWingMan

Aug 10, 2007
Chicagoland
Boot Splash Screen Question

Tytung,

As usual, great build. Thanks for allowing for disabling of the boot screen.

Is there any way to load a static splash screen in stead of the boot animation?

I have replaced the first splash screen in NAND. I have also deleted the bootanimation.zip file.

This is what I see on boot now:

1. The replaced NAND 1st Splash Screen
2. magldr screen booting from SD card
3. Blank screen with green HTC logo in the middle
4. Blank screen (boot animation has been disabled).

#3 above is technically the 2nd splash screen but it is part of the SD boot not the NAND boot. How can I replace this splash screen?

Thank you in advance.

Note: I have cross posted this to the thread for boot animation/splash screens.

I figured it out. I needed to replace the logo.rle file in the initrd.gz file!!!!

Last edited:

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
Hi, for me skype is not running for video calls, it closed suddenly when I try to make a video call with one contact. I've tried the v14 build of theosOo, with the v5 of this build, but no better result. Could you tell me what are your skype settings ? And anything else you do to make skype running ? For your information, video test call with fring is bad too, even if I can see an image but it's very bad. And I've tried a lot of other ics SD builds (TostiDroid, EVO, Yugoport), I always have the same problem, but not with gb based builds.
Thank's in advance !
i only used it at home on wifi, Number of Cameras is 1, Back Camera, sound settings i disabled the start and changed the ringtone, only real setting i made was in Advanced Settings>More Settings> ticked Avoid setFPS which got the video working...
although with no front camera it wasnt really too useful ;)
unless you stand in front of a mirror lol

Irfan Sawar

Mar 11, 2010
Jeddah
I have a small issue. It's as follows:

Why does the size of resources used by viber in "running processes" keeps on increasing. Once I had to stop viber after it was using 112 MB and the phone slowed down to almost a crawl.

Regards,

Sent from my HTC HD2 operating on NexusHD2-ICS SD Card build using xda premium

crpntr

Jul 23, 2010
nyc
I know this has been asked a bit but I dont see any answer-----
netflix doesnt play,video camera doesnt work right and tango only shows other person not view from my phone.
any help as rom is brilliant and want to keep.

v1.5

BTW Thanks very much for this build.

tleaf100

Feb 21, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Note 4
hi tytung,problem with missing settings for Google data use is still there in 1.5 as well,did total fresh install.any ideas to fix ? its going to be annoying with warning always in notifications.
cheers for v good work and fingers crossed its easy to fix.

Sent from my NexusHD2 using xda premium

gooddayxda

Feb 28, 2010
Updating ROM?

I have v1.3 (SD build). Is there an easy way to update to 1.5?
Following are few posts I found in this thread (from 1.3 to 1.4 update):
==============================
1) turned off my phone and booted in to Magldr.
2) Select option 4 (USB MassStrg)
3)Make a backup of my current v1.3 data.ext4 file to my PC
4)Open latest version of 7zip and extract the newly downloaded v1.4 to desktop
5)Copy all v1.4 files except data.ext4 file and paste it inside ICS folder on SD card
6) Unplug USB cable, boot AD SD, let it boot up, once booted, restart the phone just in case
================================
I did it slightly different. Backup ics folder from 1.3 version, copied files from the zip (1.4 version) to sd card. Run clrcad and haret untill working. Only then replace data.ext4 from 1.3 version over the data.ext4 from 1.4 version. With phone on pc under wm6.5. You can easily try as i understood you made backup from 1.3...
=================================

I have not tried above yet.

May be "update" info can be added in first post or to SD FAQ.

Thanks

TruePlaya

Feb 24, 2010
I have v1.3 (SD build). Is there an easy way to update to 1.5?
Following are few posts I found in this thread (from 1.3 to 1.4 update):
==============================
1) turned off my phone and booted in to Magldr.
2) Select option 4 (USB MassStrg)
3)Make a backup of my current v1.3 data.ext4 file to my PC
4)Open latest version of 7zip and extract the newly downloaded v1.4 to desktop
5)Copy all v1.4 files except data.ext4 file and paste it inside ICS folder on SD card
6) Unplug USB cable, boot AD SD, let it boot up, once booted, restart the phone just in case
================================
I did it slightly different. Backup ics folder from 1.3 version, copied files from the zip (1.4 version) to sd card. Run clrcad and haret untill working. Only then replace data.ext4 from 1.3 version over the data.ext4 from 1.4 version. With phone on pc under wm6.5. You can easily try as i understood you made backup from 1.3...
=================================

I have not tried above yet.

May be "update" info can be added in first post or to SD FAQ.

Thanks

Hi!

I did an update from v1.4 to v1.5 keeping my data.ext4 file. Everything works on v1.5, just wanted to let you know.

Cheerz on our beloved hd2 with ICS

grisiek

Jan 16, 2009
Rebooting it self

:mad::mad::mad: Does anyone know how to solve this problem. My phone is rebooting it self once per day or two. Suddenly i see a splash screen of ICS and after a while normal screen of unlock using a PIN. I don't know why but this issue comes to me with ver 1.4 and 1.5. In earlier ver 1.3 there was nothing wrong and i didn't notice this behaviour.
Does anyone else have this issue?:confused:

benlm72

Feb 23, 2009
Le Mans
i only used it at home on wifi, Number of Cameras is 1, Back Camera, sound settings i disabled the start and changed the ringtone, only real setting i made was in Advanced Settings>More Settings> ticked Avoid setFPS which got the video working...
although with no front camera it wasnt really too useful ;)
unless you stand in front of a mirror lol

Thank's for your answer ! I came back to v13 and try your settings, but I still have the same pb, skype stops suddenly while initiating video, I've to launch it once again (but I don't have to enter my password : strange !). Quite frustrating !

gazzacbr

Dec 3, 2007
Dubai
@benlm72: "but I don't have to enter my password" i think that is also one of the enhancements for this version. when i exit i get a choice to relaunch with/without logging in, if yours is crashing you would not be seeing that. but strange that yours doesnt work?

benlm72

Feb 23, 2009
Le Mans
@benlm72: "but I don't have to enter my password" i think that is also one of the enhancements for this version. when i exit i get a choice to relaunch with/without logging in, if yours is crashing you would not be seeing that. but strange that yours doesnt work?

I think so ! I've seen you're not the only one for whom skype video call works. But I've seen to that I'm not the only one for whom it doesn't work. I've posted logs on theosOs thread, but he can't see anything explaining the pb. Did you change kernel ?

trippster

Sep 6, 2008
Icon size?

Is there a way to decrease the icon size with ICS? Both on my home screen and in the launcher, the icon size BLEW UP after installation. It is so big that in the launcher, I can't read what my programs are, and I don't know what all my icons refer to. I use Adwlauncher EX. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

d.brega

Feb 28, 2010
audio problem

After i using 3cx audio don't work well dover. Why?
Help me please.
Thanks a lot

Robbie P

Feb 8, 2011
London
Is there a way to decrease the icon size with ICS? Both on my home screen and in the launcher, the icon size BLEW UP after installation. It is so big that in the launcher, I can't read what my programs are, and I don't know what all my icons refer to. I use Adwlauncher EX. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You should be able to change lcd density.
But AFAIK ADWlauncher EX is a gingerbread launcher and may not work fully on ICS.
You could try nova or apex launchers if you need an alternative to trebuchet.
Hope this helps

mengfei

Jan 20, 2010
Shenzen, China
:mad::mad::mad: Does anyone know how to solve this problem. My phone is rebooting it self once per day or two. Suddenly i see a splash screen of ICS and after a while normal screen of unlock using a PIN. I don't know why but this issue comes to me with ver 1.4 and 1.5. In earlier ver 1.3 there was nothing wrong and i didn't notice this behaviour.
Does anyone else have this issue?:confused:

mine does it 3 times a day :(
could be a bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please go to the NAND thread for more information.

Downloads:
    • The latest NativeSD ROM:
      download.ico
      Mod edit: Link removed

Installation:
      • Create an Ext4 partition right after the FAT32 partition in the SD card.
      • Enter CWM. I use CWM Recovery v5.0.2.6.
      • Flash this ROM via CWM.
      • For more info, please visit NativeSD DEV thread.
    • Stop maintenance.
      The latest SD build:
      download.ico
      Mod edit: Link removed

Installation: (from ankuch's thread)
      • Extract content 7z to ics folder on root sd-card;
      • Configure MAGLDR to boot from /ics folder;
      • First boot about 3 minutes on class 10 sd card.
      • Read FAQ
      Add-on: (from ankuch's thread)
      • bcold.jar (fix FC in Backup to Gmail 0.4.4 maybe another applications);
      Special thanks ankuch and securecrt, and boonbing for the SD version of initrd.gz.
    Download NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA_V2.7_NativeSD.zip (A new package for both NAND and NativeSD)

Credits:
    # NativeSD method by Securecrt
    # Dual Installer by Xylograph

Installation:
    • Create an Ext4 partition right after the FAT32 partition in the SD card.
    • Enter CWM. I use CWM Recovery v5.0.2.6.
    • Flash this ROM via CWM.
    • For more info, please visit NativeSD DEV thread.

I only tried NativeSD with MAGLDR.
    If you are using cLK or WM(haret.exe), please share if it works or not.
    NexusHD2-ICS-4.0.3-CM9-SD V1.2

Working initrd with working camera:)

Works with magldr and Haret:)
    download.ico
    NexusHD2-ICS-CM9-HWA-SD_v2.4.7z.
    File initrd.gz was changed. Please test if it works or not.
    ics tytung softkeys with revolution batt%

Hi people, this is my personal softkey and batt%,it has full size top bar and softkey:)You will need to use ics keyboard from below to stop overlapping:)Also in setting/launcher/homescreen untick serch bar and tick resize any widget:)

This is the softkey layout *Search - ^Home - +Menu - <Back - Power*

you can change softkey style and layout from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1407003

Thank to Tytung,gogodu5sU and me

Please give feedback:)

Unzip,copy root inside ICS folder and reboot

P.S. dont forget to use ics keyboard apk below

Only tested on V1.3