Power Case for Kindle Fire - 2x Battery Life

Search This thread

G1ForFun

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 1, 2010
Very cool and I agree with you that the price needs to come down a bit. These companies making cases need to keep in mind that the tablet itself cost $200. Paying $60 for a case is not very practical imo. People put $30 cases on their $500 phones which seems a bit more reasonable.

Although tablets are bigger than phones....I don't think it constitutes twice the cost.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

CodenameDeadpool

Dec 8, 2011
Very cool and I agree with you that the price needs to come down a bit. These companies making cases need to keep in mind that the tablet itself cost $200. Paying $60 for a case is not very practical imo. People put $30 cases on their $500 phones which seems a bit more reasonable.

Although tablets are bigger than phones....I don't think it constitutes twice the cost.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

I don't see how paying $500 for a phone is reasonable. My leather Belkin case cost 40 bucks. $60 is reasonable considering it double battery life.

grvthang

Dec 25, 2010
Just what the Fire needed - the added weight of an additional battery!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

kwakel

Feb 9, 2012
I don't think I've ever had enough battery problems to warrant spending $60 on 2x the battery life. I do throw my kindle into my book bag often though, so I will stick with my durable case so the screen stays pristine.

NPC_Izzy

Feb 7, 2012
My only wish is the battery pack would have in integrated mic and volume buttons. Other than that it looks pretty neat!

jaredkzr

Jan 1, 2012
That looks like a nice case. The price doesn't seem that bad saying it doubles the battery life. The extra size would probably almost be a good thing for me since the Kindle Fire is a smaller sized tablet. I might consider getting that case eventually.

_ante_

Feb 19, 2012
This is pretty slick if you are away from a place where you can charge on a frequent basis. The price is a tad high but not that much more than the leather Marware case my wife bought me. Personally, I'm holding out for when USB OTG is enabled and evaluating my options (maybe a case with keyboard or sdcard).

Sent from my Kindle Fire (CM7) using xda premium

StyleNSkillz

Mar 8, 2012
Denver
Good for the future

This may not be the right case, but it means that you can make use of the micro usb port. Hopefully we will be able to add a mic or and SD card, that would make this thing worth $60 or more. I would love to have a few more options on my kindle, maybe a camera?

schleppy

Feb 5, 2011
It's a neat idea, but the battery life of the Kindle Fire is the least of my worries. Thanks for sharing though!

Regionativo

Sep 17, 2010
I don't see how paying $500 for a phone is reasonable. My leather Belkin case cost 40 bucks. $60 is reasonable considering it double battery life.

I was thinking the same thing: Double battery + Case for 60 USD seems like a good deal to me, only problem is the bulkness added to the KF, might want to try it first before buying.

amrn4s

Oct 5, 2011
I want one. Since my computer crashed last week. I use my kindle often. Saving up for a imac. So ill probably use my kindle for awhile. Lol

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts