GPRS MMS SETTING For CHINA MOBILE

Search This thread

stylish

Jun 16, 2005
Hi

I am in China but I AM NOT chinese. I have been looking for the way to set GPRS and MMS for This phone forever and couldn't find. I notice we have a chinese friend in this forum. anyone could help me?

charlieluo

Jun 26, 2007
There indeed is a small app designed especially for this purpose.
Just unpack the files into any folder on your device. Click on DataConnection.exe to open the app, select "remove all" to delete all existing connection configurations, then choose the second item named as "中国移动WAP包月". after all is done, click on cancel to quit. Now ur device is capable of surfing the net and sending/receiving MMS.
Also be sure you have a data connection package, by default the data connection for web browsering via China Mobile is charged at RMB ¥0.03/kb.

Attachments

• GPRS.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 1,627
Last edited:
Reactions: cj2004

mlalahoi

settings for China Mobile gprs

Hi,
Also living in China, not Chinese. All you have to do for the China mobile GPRS is change the setting to the following and it works just fine:

1. Go to start>settings>connections>add new connection
2. Call it cmwap, set it as a gprs connection, tap next
3. access point name is CMNET
4. username and password are BOTH "CMNET" all caps
5. leave domain blank
6. tap finish

enjoy ;)

As posted above, do make sure you get a dataplan. They have one for 25RMb a month that includes 200MB of GPRS and 300 text messages.

af888

Dec 22, 2007
China Mobile MMS & GPRS setting for HTC Tytn II

could anybody tell me the China Mobile MMS & GPRS setting for HTC Tytn II. Many thanks.

izmahoby

Jan 16, 2008
Ningbo
seems obvious...

could anybody tell me the China Mobile MMS & GPRS setting for HTC Tytn II. Many thanks.

I've been using a Cingular 8125 with WM5 in Ningbo then Shanghai for the past 8 months. The wireless internet has never worked perfectly since I moved to Shanghai, but when I returned last week with my TyTN 2 (Tilt) it never works. I used the same standard setup CMNET, not username or password etc. No error messages, just it never connects. Maybe the TyTN2 actually does have specific settings.

elber9197

Jan 25, 2008
xinyang
首先我们进入数据连接菜单里:开始—设置—数据连接原来装有前他的连接都删掉还有拨号连接和VPN连接里都是空的有的话也统统删掉跟着按:GPRS连接 进入再按菜单—添加
描叙:移动梦网GPRS
名称:移动梦网GPRS
连接到:WAP网络
访问点:CMWAP
用户名:留空不用填
密码:留空不用填
主DNS:留空不用填
辅助DNS:留空不用填
IP地址:留空不用填
填写完后按完成.代理服务器—菜单—添加
之后就可以设置代理服务器连接了
描叙:移动梦网GPRS(名称可以随意)
连接方:WAP网络
连接到:Internet
代理服务器:10.0.0.172:80
类型:HTTP
用户名:留空不用填
密码:留空不用填
填写完后按 完成—[另注:这个是用来上WWW的代理]再添加:描述:wap连接方:WAP网络连接到:安全WAP网络代理服务器:10.0.0.172:9201类型:WAP完成.再按完成.[另注:这个是用来直接上WAP的,直接上WAP是在包月里的,不要再代理]完成退出到连接菜单在数据连接菜单中按:菜单—完成选项在我的桌面连接到:选internet网络—完成Internet连接:移动梦网GPRS
工作连接:自动
WAP连接:移动梦网RS
安全WAP连接:wap连接 最后就是按完成退出--接下来最后一步就是打开Ie按菜单—选项—连接选择自动监测设置处不要打勾....选择网络:Internet或者wap安全网络..现在就能够实现通过cmwap接入上wap网站和www网站了

that`s all

opensecret

Jun 14, 2008
China mbile GPRS MMS Setting.

Deall All,

I am Using i-mtate JasJam, WM6.1

I used GPRS.Zip then choose the second item named as "中国移动WAP包月". , now I can brows internet, but ca not send and recieve MMS.

CHINA Mobile.

Best Regards.

Attachments

• capture001.jpg
    capture001.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:

konker

Jan 9, 2006
Hi,
Also living in China, not Chinese. All you have to do for the China mobile GPRS is change the setting to the following and it works just fine:

1. Go to start>settings>connections>add new connection
2. Call it cmwap, set it as a gprs connection, tap next
3. access point name is CMNET
4. username and password are BOTH "CMNET" all caps
5. leave domain blank
6. tap finish

enjoy ;)

As posted above, do make sure you get a dataplan. They have one for 25RMb a month that includes 200MB of GPRS and 300 text messages.

mlalahoi,

Thanks for the information!
I'm on CM with the 神州行service.
I applied for the RMB20 package & suddenly, my GPRS settings refused to allow me to connect to the internet.
I made changes to the settings & now I'm good to go.
For the record, these are my settings:
Connects to: Internet
AP: CMNET
Username: CMNET
Password: CMNET
IP Address: 10.0.0.172:9201
I need to input the IP address or else I can't find the website I'm browsing to.

Under Connections | Menu | Advanced | Menu | Options, I configured My Desktop connects to: The Internet.
In Connections | Menu | Advanced, I set my Internet Connection to the entry I created for the GPRS connection above & set the others (Work, WAP & Secure WAP) to Automatic.
Finally, in PIE, I set my connections to Internet & uncheck the Automatically detect settings checkbox.
I'm good to go now.

BTW, what type of service are you on? My RMB20 package comes with only 50Mb of data?!
TIA!

Konker
HTC Startrek w/WM6.1 Standard by Erofich

oaktree6

Aug 22, 2008
gprs.zip on samsung omnia i900

Just unpack the files into any folder on your device. Click on DataConnection.exe to open the app, select "remove all" to delete all existing connection configurations, then choose the second item named as "中国移动WAP包月". after all is done, click on cancel to quit. Now ur device is capable of surfing the net and sending/receiving MMS.
Also be sure you have a data connection package, by default the data connection for web browsering via China Mobile is charged at RMB ¥0.03/kb.

Hi, I got the zipped files onto my Samsung i900 but when i click on "Remove All" it says it did it but I still have modem connections in "Connections". Then, when i select on the WAP option between chinese characters it says "Fail to XML load file." any suggestions?:confused:
Thanks!

alfretmarpaung

Sep 20, 2008
How to setting wap/gprs and acces internet

Hi I'm,
I'm buy bellwave N81i but couldn't set-up wap/gprs and accessing internet. Anybody can help me? I'm live in Indonesia
thanks

wooboy02

Dec 11, 2008
MMS and GPRS setting for the Samsung i900

Hello every one does any one know how to apply the setting for gprs and mms for the i900 samsung

ronr

Aug 24, 2007
Shenzhen
I finally resolved this after a long time. First you have to set up the connection to go to "cmwap", not "cmnet" and configure the proxy settings using one of the methods above. Then you need to configure the MMS mailbox. Open Messaging and choose Tools->Options from the menu. On the list of mailboxes, click on MMS. This opens the configuration. Click the Servers tab and then the New button. Server name is whatever you want, Gateway is 10.0.0.172 (same as proxy), port is 9201 (WAP), Server Address is http://mmmc.monternet.com. The "Connect via" should be the one you already created, then change the WAP version to 1.2. Save this and then on the next screen click on the new name and click on the "Set as Default" button.

Things should now work fine.

honeybaobao

Jul 9, 2006
Hi i'm expatriate in china and i have a spv c600 from orange, can i use this cellphone for GPRS and MMS if yes how can i setup it ?

Thanks in advance for your help

xhuhxhu

Apr 11, 2009
hey there,your info was very helpfull...i was wondering if you could help with some other issues..i got an htc diamond a month ago and i love it.. but thing is i live in china and i cant find the right pinyin input for my phone...monster chinese and cect are no help.. please assist
another problem is that i have downloaded many games on the phone but most of them wont play..the loading screen comes on and then the screen just goes back to the games folder..please assist..

mike_jrpartner

Jun 27, 2009
need help to set GPRS(China Mobile) on P1i

hello guyz , anyone knows to set GPRS on P1i ??
how to make a new internet account for China Mobile ^^
my service is 5 yuan / month ^^

thank you for your answer ^^ :D

Innocent.boy

Jun 30, 2009
Punjab
Help me plzz

hey friends,
im from pakistan but using china handset, any body can tell me how i set my mms setting in my handset ? waitting for ur reply thanks

Hi, I got the zipped files onto my Samsung i900 but when i click on "Remove All" it says it did it but I still have modem connections in "Connections". Then, when i select on the WAP option between chinese characters it says "Fail to XML load file." any suggestions?:confused:
Thanks!

Innocent.boy

Jun 30, 2009
Punjab
Hey Friends,
im from pakistan but im using china handset mobile (sigmatel T99i)... anybody know how i set mms setting in my mobile ? plz tell me im waitting ur reply thanks

z3r0c00l

Aug 11, 2009
Hey guys,
I have an i-Star i-8016b but I cannot find any settings or extra languages for it! :(
Please Help!!

LeValet

Oct 2, 2009
Changsha
SOS for blackberry storm

hello guyz I'm in China and i'm using a BB Storm, does anyone know how to set GPRS on blackberry storm?? I'm using China Mobile ^^
my service is 50 yuan / month ^^

thank you for your answer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.