WARNING: Perform at your own risk. Do your research.
I am providing the source to compile CM7 for the Nook Tablet. I am not providing a CM7 build since Team B+ have done so. What I provide is the device and vendor contents, kernel, and kernel configuration file, ramdisk, and boot image. You will need to compile your own CM7. This will give you a more updated CM7 with latest update.
My source is primary based on Whistlestop source, but I’ve used bits and pieces from other sources like Nook Color and LG P925.
My goal was to build CM7 for the Nook Tablet as a learning experience. I have always used rom created by other people because I am not a developer. I did my research and learned to build my own CM7. I find that building your own rom is more satisfying and I think everyone should try it at least once. It will require a lot of time and some learning, but it will be special in the end.
More info are on my blog.
New Source for CM7, compile your own CM7.2 RC1
Recovery sdcard, Flashable Recovery, Unbrick files
Mediefire Nook Tablet Folder
Dual boot (CM7/CM9)
- Instruction here (My blog)
- Includes files for single/dual-boot sdcard
- Boot to CM7/CM9 from sdcard with fattire's cyanoboot
- Roms not included
- Please don't post iso/img/prebuilt sdcard of this
- Mockup pic
flash_recovery.zip (use recovery to flash it. no more sdcard recovery)
- Hold Power & "n button" down until the device turns on and off again.
- Then press Power to turn the device on normally and access the recovery.
- You can also boot to recovery by issuing command "reboot recovery" in adb or terminal
flash_stock_recovery.zip (use recovery to flash it, restore stock recovery)
flash_u-boot_and_MLO.zip (use it to restore bootloader and xloader)
- Flash this if all you get is a black screen (no 'n' logo screen) when turning your Nook Tablet on.
flash_stock_1.4.2.zip (use it to restore to stock 1.4.2)
- After restart, it will take up to a couple minutes to setup data and system folder.
- It'll be up to a couple of minutes before the setup screen shows up.
- This is virgin stock rom, no root, no added apps, etc.
- This rom will wipe your user data and cache so you don't have to. BACKUP beforehand.
flash-restore-stock.zip (use it to restore partition 1-6)
- Only use this as last measure. Meaning only if you formatted rom (p5) and bootdata (p6).
- You will need to install flash_stock_1.4.2.zip afterward or a CM7 rom.
- To get your serial number back, you need to perform factory restore (8 failed boot method)
- The one that prompt,
A reset is being performed.
This may take a few minutes
What’s not working:
-Mic in Talking Cat/Dog apps. I can get the mic working but no audio so I choose audio but no mic.
-Can't get mic to work same time as speaker.
-XX and X. You tell me.
- DO NOT FORMAT ANY PARTITIONS, ONLY USE WIPE DATA/FACTORY RESET
- Use the forum search.
- First time booting, you will see a long delay black (old)/2 android guys (new) screen until the android skate by.
- To remount sdcard, go to settings/storage and mount your sdcard manually or reinsert your sdcard.
- When restoring with Titanium Backup, restore manually the apps and data. You do not want old stuff getting restore and causing problem.
- HW Decoding is limited to 3GP, 3G2, MP4, M4V, MKV, WEBM, H.264 (Baseline/Main/High profile) up to 1920x1080, MPEG-4 Simple/Advanced Simple profile up to 1920x1080, & H.263
- Got Wifi problem, do Wifi calibration to see if it fixes it.
- If your Nook Tablet go to sleep and never wake up, plug the USB power cable in and hold the power button for 30 seconds, release and repeat.
- Got an extra Nook Tablet? Donate it to fattire so he can help getting ICS on Nook Tablet faster.
- Screen goes crazy? Is it low on battery? Plugged in the USB power cable in.
- What different in this CM7 build and Team B? Nothing much, we shared ideas.
- There will be random problems.
- RC stand for release candidate. Latest for NT is RC1
- If your sdcard doesn't mount after reboot, take your sdcard out and put it back in and wait a few seconds for it to automount
OLD SOURCE Mirrors:
Extras in Old Source:
.config – kernel configuration file
boot.img – prebuilt boot image with modified u-boot from bauwks
irboot.img – the modified u-boot needed to concatenate to custom boot.img
zImage – prebuilt kernel with cifs, tun, and nfs modules built in and other stuffs.
Bauwks for his exploit in 2nd boot.
Team B+ (Goncezilla, CelticWebs, Indirect) for furthering Nook Tablet development.
Whistlestop and JackpotClavin from Kindle Fire development for the device and vendor source.
Fattire, Nemith, and Dalingrin for CWM, and works on Nook Color and Nook Tablet development.
Koush, Cyanogenmod and XDA for home to many great developers.
CM7.2 RC1 with Nexus S modified build.prop